Played Desert Pines and Royal Links a couple years back. Both were decent.

Best option for 54 holes

All three Paiute Courses

Cascata/Rio Secco and Las Vegas National

Some other combo of courses?

I've already played:

Angel Park
Wolf Creek
TPC Las Vegas
Bali Hai
Wildhorse
The nice thing about cascatta and Rio is there are usually deals to play both which is what we normally do. Still expensive but you know....it is what it is.

I really like the Paiute courses but if the wind is blowing....dang there is no cover to slow it down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OITW;n8613221 said:
Best option for 54 holes

All three Paiute Courses

Cascata/Rio Secco and Las Vegas National

Some other combo of courses?

I've already played:

Angel Park
Wolf Creek
TPC Las Vegas
Bali Hai
Wildhorse

All three Paiute courses were pristine last week.

had a blast

Will be in Vegas 21-28 Sept for work (insert sad face)
My bold plan is to land 21st 11AM and have an afternoon time somewhere.
Then, on the 28th, up early the back to airport by 1PM.
More concerned about an early Saturday round is getting done by noon or so. Can it happen? It's just me unless someone wants in, which would be super.
Little chance of playing during the week. 50/50 at something Friday afternoon.

T0AD;n8884890 said:
Will be in Vegas 21-28 Sept for work (insert sad face)
My bold plan is to land 21st 11AM and have an afternoon time somewhere.
Then, on the 28th, up early the back to airport by 1PM.
More concerned about an early Saturday round is getting done by noon or so. Can it happen? It's just me unless someone wants in, which would be super.
Little chance of playing during the week. 50/50 at something Friday afternoon.
1 PM is cutting it super close.....you would have to be out before 7 somewhere close. We go in December and our first tee time is 2 hours after we land, concerned we might be late to cascatta.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looking for some advice for a 4th round in early March. We're already playing Sand Hollow and Pauite, but looking for a course that is sub-$200 on a Sunday morning. We will have a car, but would like to stay within 30 minutes of the strip in order to catch our flight home.

So my wife has decided that she doesn't want to go to Maui this March Break. So going to most likely do Vegas (some thoughts to Miami or SoCal but very unlikely). Any recommendations on courses near town to play? Doing a quick skim through other posts seems like Reflection Bay a good choice. I've heard from others I should play Bear's Best and Las Vegas National. Other thoughts?

Other suggestions I've gotten for cheaper courses are
Painted desert
Aliante
Wildhorse
All those you listed are great courses. At least that's how I remember them.

I don't play in Vegas much any more. The closest I get is the Chimera GC (fka Tuscany) in Henderson.

If you are staying on the strip, you might want to check out the course at Bali Hi. I heard they are running specials to get people on their course.

Looking for some advice for a 4th round in early March. We're already playing Sand Hollow and Pauite, but looking for a course that is sub-$200 on a Sunday morning. We will have a car, but would like to stay within 30 minutes of the strip in order to catch our flight home.

I haven't played Siena in a couple of years,, but did really enjoy it and it was in good shape (but maybe a local can confirm status these days).

I personally like TPC Vegas....I think it is a fun course and has been in good shape the times I have played. I also think Bears Best is a good play.

I'll echo @Pinche Baboso's recos for TPC Vegas, Bears Best, and Sienna. And same goes for @Wrigbay and Reflection Bay. Good courses all around. Always enjoy TPC Vegas, and Reflection Bay has some really cool holes.

Also keep an eye out on Rio Secco and Revere GC (2 courses) which are also fun.

Have 2 rounds booked this Saturday at Paiute for 9 guys. We have a 10th guy joining us now, so Paiute cannot host us since their tee sheet is full and we can't add the 10th guy to the morning round. Any other local recommendations on 2 courses that we could play in the same day? They don't have to be at the same property, but they do need to be close to each other due to daylight restrictions. Would prefer to be under $300 total for two rounds.

Have 2 rounds booked this Saturday at Paiute for 9 guys. We have a 10th guy joining us now, so Paiute cannot host us since their tee sheet is full and we can't add the 10th guy to the morning round. Any other local recommendations on 2 courses that we could play in the same day? They don't have to be at the same property, but they do need to be close to each other due to daylight restrictions. Would prefer to be under $300 total for two rounds.

Wait. You have three time slots for 9 guys so how does adding another one impact that? Unless they were putting you out in a five some?

Wait. You have three time slots for 9 guys so how does adding another one impact that? Unless they were putting you out in a five some?

We had two foursomes at first. Then a 9th guy joined so they booked him as a single with 3 strangers (which he was okay with) in the morning. Now the 10th guy is throwing everything out of whack.

TPC and Paiute are my favorites. Highland Falls for a cheaper round. Cascata if you hit it big and want to splurge. I assume you will have a car to get around if planning on playing.

If you're on the west side of Vegas, then Angel Park is another good option (at least a couple steps back from Pauite as far as quality goes) - they have two 18 hole courses and the par 3 course that has lights for night golf.

Couple other good options would be Revere Golf Club in Henderson - two good courses (Lexington and Concord) over there that I always enjoy playing - tough but usually good value. And if you don't mind the drive out to the Cali state line (about 50 mins from the strip), Primm Valley GC always used to be a favorite of mine. Two courses (Lakes and Desert) and an excellent practice area. Again, it's been a while for me so not sure the current shape of these courses.

Thanks guys! Running into pretty limited tee times on such short notice for the morning round for most places, but hopefully we get lucky with Paiute.

Im driving to Vegas this weekend, you looking for a golfer?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Played Primm Valley today and love it here. Definitely glad I stop in on my way to Vegas.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Just booked a round with my brother at TPC Las Vegas for May. Can’t wait! It will be nice to know what the MC crew are playing.

Back