LASIK....Who's had it? Who wants? Experiences?

You'll never feel more free. Loved it after I got mine. Real sunglasses again, play sports, actually see your kids at the pool, etc... Heaven
Can I still scream this?
1599669482346.gif

I am right there with both of you. I would love this. I'm way too chicken.
I warned the coordinator about my mild to severe white coat anxiety and she said they prescribe all patients Valium for the procedure and you’re only in the OR for 15 minutes. Either way, I expect a significant rise in blood pressure day of.

You'll never feel more free. Loved it after I got mine. Real sunglasses again, play sports, actually see your kids at the pool, etc... Heaven
Agree here. Was a really big change for the better after getting it done.

I had mine done about 20 years ago now, but have been thinking about doing again since my eyes have been changing the last 5 or so years.

I warned the coordinate about my mild to severe white coat anxiety and she said they prescribe all patients Valium for the procedure and you’re only in the OR for 15 minutes. Either way, I expect a significant rise in blood pressure day of.

I might need that valium for about a month or so just to consider it. Good luck! My wife had lasik done and it was great for her.

Thought about it plenty. Never had a consult but with astigmatism in both eyes I'm sure the cost is hefty compared to a couple of boxes of contacts a year and a pair of glasses every other

I would LOVE to get it! I should be wearing glasses but I don't because the pair I had that worked for me broke and when I got a new pair I hated them so much that I returned them and have just gone without. I'm blind when it comes to looking for my ball on the course. There have been times where I'm dead center of the fairway and I just can't see it. As I have an astigmatism, I believe my depth perception is questionable at times. One day I'll go out and get Lasik but it will probably be in 5-10 years.

Good luck with the procedure. My father had it done in his 40's and is now 65. He wore glasses/contacts every day and since his procedure has never had to wear them or any type of glasses (readers). It is a great procedure that betters your quality of life. It is scary but just take a valium or a shot of whisky beforehand and you will be good to go!

I had it done when I was in my early 50s. I went for distance correction only and it did exaggerate the need for reading glasses but the improvement in seeing things at a distance without glasses was well worth it. Now some 20 years later I am back to wearing glasses (progressive lenses) full time, a very mild prescription for distance plus reading. Not worth going and getting the eyes "tweaked" at my age.

Thought about it plenty. Never had a consult but with astigmatism in both eyes I'm sure the cost is hefty compared to a couple of boxes of contacts a year and a pair of glasses every other
No idea but I would think the costs have come down since I had mine done, I also had astigmatism and paid about $6k at the time.

No idea but I would think the costs have come down since I had mine done, I also had astigmatism and paid about $6k at the time.
Two quotes I’ve officially received so far have been $1,700 and 2,025 per eye.

One of the best things I've done....wish I did it earlier.

But it's well worth it IMO

Agree here. Was a really big change for the better after getting it done.

I had mine done about 20 years ago now, but have been thinking about doing again since my eyes have been changing the last 5 or so years.
I had mine done years ago as well. So I checked and the flaps have healed so they won't cut again. Doing it again after that long is not an option from what they told me. Sorry

Yep thats 10 years worth of glasses and contacts :ROFLMAO:
Just one new bag of clubs for 2 seasons. C'mon!! 1 Season for each eye

Yep thats 10 years worth of glasses and contacts :ROFLMAO:
Ah but LASIK should last longer than that! And once it’s done I’ll be able to wear the cheap glasses they give out for free at sporting events and still be able to see!

I have an astigmatism in both eyes and had it done 8 years ago. I'm sure it is even easier now and I don't think they charge you more just because of it. I think I paid a little more than $3k for mine but worth it to be able to wear normal sunglasses again. I got tired of what a pain contacts and glasses are.

I had zero issues and my eyes are still doing fine.

I took my girlfriend at the time to have her eyes Lasik'd. Her aunt came into some money and had it done for like 6 of her family members.
Everyone was walking around with bandages over their eyes for about two weeks as each person would get it done. It was hilarious.
I guess the only scary thoughts are that it may have to be done again down the road, and I have heard of burning/scratching/itchy eyes with some procedures. Glad me eyes are still working. Only good parts on me!

I took my girlfriend at the time to have her eyes Lasik'd. Her aunt came into some money and had it done for like 6 of her family members.
Everyone was walking around with bandages over their eyes for about two weeks as each person would get it done. It was hilarious.
I guess the only scary thoughts are that it may have to be done again down the road, and I have heard of burning/scratching/itchy eyes with some procedures. Glad me eyes are still working. Only good parts on me!
bandages over thier eyes for 2 weeks? How long ago was that and what was their individual recovery time?

I had mine done, wore extremely dark sunglasses on the ride home and then tried to sleep through it while my eyes healed overnight. I woke up the next morning and drove myself out for breakfast.

bandages over thier eyes for 2 weeks? How long ago was that and what was their individual recovery time?

I had mine done, wore extremely dark sunglasses on the ride home and then tried to sleep through it while my eyes healed overnight. I woke up the next morning and drove myself out for breakfast.
no, no. 6 of them had it done over the course of two weeks. I only had to babysit the gf for a day while she stumbled around.

I had it done 5 years ago and it has been a life changer. No more glasses or RX Sunglasses.
Best decision I have made

i got this done a long time ago and had some serious problems. they tell you 1 day and your good to go. i remember going to the doctor the next day and i could not see at all, very blurry. when i walked in my wife had to guide me....they started laughing thinking i was joking. the doctor washed his hands of me and didn't help me at all after that. it was crazy. i ended up getting it again on the same eye and the result was just ok. still a little blurry but better then it was.

no, no. 6 of them had it done over the course of two weeks. I only had to babysit the gf for a day while she stumbled around.
Ok, that's what I thought you meant when I thought about it for a second but the thought of 6 people stumbling around for a period of time sounded pretty humorous.

Had mine done in 2018 at 35. Wish I did it YEARS earlier. Absolutely amazing result. Procedure is so fast and when you sit up when it’s done, I was able to see the clock on the wall. Was blind as a bat before (-6.5 for contacts prior to lasik).

Tomorrow’s the day!

Back