LASIK....Who's had it? Who wants? Experiences?

nicklongdrive

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get it done in the next 8-10 years since I'm only 27 but my eyes are deteriorating at a pretty bad rate for distance year over year. Both of my parents had it done when they were around 40 ~15 years ago and it made a world of difference for them.

Jank

FIGJAM
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
I had it done in 2016, I believe, at age 27. It was about $2000 per eye and was some of the best money I have ever spent. The person who took me watched it on a TV that they show the surgery on and she said that she would not get it done after watching, so take that for what it's worth.

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
5 days post-op and back at work the last two days. Eyes definitely pretty exhausted by the end of the day. Eyes feeling better, still very dry in the morning, but no issues driving. One week follow up in a couple days, hoping for good news!

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I plan to get Lasik some day. Not sure when, but hopefully in the not too distant.

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One week post-op appoint and doc has cleared me for golf :cool: said vision will continue to improve and stabilize over the next couple months.

wazzubrew

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I got PRK, which is the non-flap more old school (safer and more practiced) version of Lasik. They drop a little bit of acid to burn away the top layer of your eye to perform the Lasik. I did this because I was 23 and still playing a lot of sports, and did not want any potential complications due to the flap and eye poking.

I was bed ridden for about 3 days and eyes adjusted to 20/20 over a 30 day period afterwards. I also occasionally wake up with really dry eyes to point of tears and pain. I wish I would have done one of the newer methods of Lasik at this point, but can safely say its still one of the best things I have ever done. Highly, highly recommend if you are bothered by contacts and glasses.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in