Last 2 rounds 95-96...Today?

CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Reaction score
Handicap
79. First time breaking 80.

And yes I will go in the Trying to Break 80 from here on out but this was wild...

I had my nephews birthday party but my brother was like “Bro it’s a bunch of 10 year olds and laser tag you don’t have to come.”

So it’s 2:30ish and I text dwchockey if he wanted to play 18. He responded in like 10 seconds “Yes.” So we head to Mangrove Bay, it’s a pretty open course, and my last two rounds have been 95 and 96, respectively, so I was feeling pretty down after Wednesday since I like that course, but saw my coach the following day and worked on what we spoke about today. I kept telling myself that I was close with all the work I’ve done with practicing and at home but the results just weren’t happening. I’m also not saying I should be breaking 80 every round but in the mid 80s I’d be a pretty happy golfer.

We did play the Whites since it was windy but I don’t really give a **** either, when you put up some big numbers it could’ve been from the senior tees for all I care, to break 80 for the first time and get a mountain of confidence.

We started at 10 and as you can see a Par-Par start with a couple of nice 7s and FOUR 3 putts but I wasn’t mad. I was driving it well, my approach shots were solid, and my chipping was so good today, even had a sandy par at 9. So i was like “well if your putting is going to be your issue that can get worked on exclusively because I do not practice it.”

We get to our 2nd nine and instead of saying “I was in the zone” I just didn’t think about anything; not my score, not where my club is, not thinking about my swing or where my hands are. Just played. When I started to feel something was weird today was my chip in birdie at 3. I think I gave the Mickelson jump when he won at Augusta and Mike goes “Act like you’ve been there before dude.” Jokingly.

It was around the 6th hole when Mike tells me “Dude you have a shot at breaking 80 with a 44 on your first 9. And a chance to shoot under par for 9.”

I really have to thank my brother for saying I could skip the birthday party, and Mike joining me to validate the round since if I did this as a solo I probably don’t make this thread.

Mike loves his new P790s and shot 84 this morning and 85 today. Ice up pal haha.

It’s a weird game fellas. Golf is very weird. Onto tomorrow morning for another 18.

9d37c17fbf4f80546153073df2fd5ec6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great round man, now it will be easy to be sub 80. Well easier anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!!! Great front 9, great round!!!! Will make it easier to do again now that you have done it. :clapp:

Nice round dude. Sometimes when you just turn your brain off and play golf instead of "golf swing", awesome things happen.

That a boy Cobra! Congrats man.

Congrats on breaking 80!

Congrats CobraX51!

Congrats man that's a huge accomplishment!

Congrats, that's awesome!

Congrats on breaking 80 and going under par for 9. Sounds like you worked out some kinks that should carry over for you.

Congrats, that's awesome!

What a great round. Congratulations

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Epic round man!

Look forward to seeing a lot more low scores for you this summer.

Congrats on the great round Cobra!

Good stuff man! Maybe DW is good luck? ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats, Cobra!

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the kind words. It’s really just a humbling game, I’m not too high after today, but the last 2 rounds I was pretty low, just have to roll with the punches. Treated myself to a beer after the round and it tasted great, even if it was just a Mich Ultra haha.

Great round! Congrats!

Great round buddy! Congrats!

Well done, Cobra. It's been fun seeing your improvement. Keep it up.

Well done! Solid round finish.

Breaking 80 your first time and breaking par on 9 is fun times indeed! Congrats, dude! And golf is definitely weird!

Well done, Cobra. It's been fun seeing your improvement. Keep it up.
Thanks man and it just goes to show how quickly a bounce back can happen. Up and downs in this game. Still remember the 77 you shot last year, you got the game, weather should be getting better in about a month for you as well, enjoy the new driver.

Back