Last Month to Save at Club Champion

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in November, we shared a pretty sweet Winter Promo with you from Club Champion. It is normally their best prices of the year and while we have no information yet on future deals, this one was too good not to throw out a quick reminder. If your New Year’s Resolution was a fitting, now is the time to jump in.

It lasts just a few more weeks (end of January) and club fittings are 50% off with the purchase of equipment ($500 or more) and putter fittings are 50% off with the purchase of a putter (no minimum price). Thought we would give it a nudge for those debating on new equipment as the releases come out.

Continue reading...

Would be a really good deal. Just wish their retail pricing was more competitive.

Took advantage of this for a full bag fitting and brought home a trio of wedges. It was awesome!

• Admin
Would be a really good deal. Just wish their retail pricing was more competitive.

My putter fitting was pretty darn close to retail. One of the best things I have done this year.

I have a putter fitting at Club Champion later today. I don't see this discount working out for me though as I'm not really planning on getting a new putter, especially not spending $500 + to save $50 on the fitting.

My putter fitting was pretty darn close to retail. One of the best things I have done this year.
I can see where putter fitting or driver fitting could be reasonable. Single club purchase.

Totally forgot about this deal, its a good one for sure.

I can see where putter fitting or driver fitting could be reasonable. Single club purchase.
Not so much with the driver fitting, full retail for the head, and likely to fit you into a very expensive shaft. A normally $500 driver gets up to $800+ really easy there.

Not so much with the driver fitting, full retail for the head, and likely to fit you into a very expensive shaft. A normally $500 driver gets up to $800+ really easy there.
While he did go directly to LA Golf shafts, my fitter was receptive to my telling him I didn’t want to sell my house for shafts and a cheaper option would be more to my liking.

I have a putter fitting at Club Champion later today. I don't see this discount working out for me though as I'm not really planning on getting a new putter, especially not spending $500 + to save $50 on the fitting.
My scotty was straight retail, with the free putter fitting. I didnt get a mark up on the cost of club, back in Sep 20

Thought we would give it a nudge for those debating on new equipment as the releases come out.

It is a tough time to jump in to a driver fitting. Still think there are some new ones on the way. I will be doing a fitting, just may be waiting till feb-mar.

I almost wish they would offer a discounted fitting rate for a "BYOH" style. You come in with a specific head and you spend the time swapping out shafts for like 1/2 hour. Something we could leverage to fine tune when we are already in the ball park and have a the right head and now just need to play with shaft combos. I'd do that probably multiple times a year vs spending the money to do a 'full' fit when I want to stick with a specific head.

I almost wish they would offer a discounted fitting rate for a "BYOH" style. You come in with a specific head and you spend the time swapping out shafts for like 1/2 hour. Something we could leverage to fine tune when we are already in the ball park and have a the right head and now just need to play with shaft combos. I'd do that probably multiple times a year vs spending the money to do a 'full' fit when I want to stick with a specific head.

They do. You can get a fitting for your existing head. Talk to your fitter. Tell him what head you have and that it wont be replaced, but you want to fine tune with shafts and loft and length and they will do their thing. Its a fun experience.

My scotty was straight retail, with the free putter fitting. I didnt get a mark up on the cost of club, back in Sep 20
This deal is 50% off the fitting if you spend $500+ on clubs. I was just saying I don't see that deal working for me on a putter fitting.

This deal is 50% off the fitting if you spend $500+ on clubs. I was just saying I don't see that deal working for me on a putter fitting.

Actually no sir. Per the article linked on the home page. Putter fitting is 50% with the purchase of a putter, regardless of price.

no min. on a putter

Golfers booking putter fittings will receive 50% off their fitting fee with the purchase of a new putter — no price minimum.

It is a tough time to jump in to a driver fitting. Still think there are some new ones on the way. I will be doing a fitting, just may be waiting till feb-mar.

Agreed, I am in the same boat. They had a sale on gift cards over Black Friday (spend $275, get $350) so I purchased two (in anticipation of a driver fitting).

Perhaps I will make an appointment for 1/31... can always reschedule if I prefer the newest heads over the 50% back on fitting fee.

They do. You can get a fitting for your existing head. Talk to your fitter. Tell him what head you have and that it wont be replaced, but you want to fine tune with shafts and loft and length and they will do their thing. Its a fun experience.

Yeah but its the same cost as the full fitting, yes/no? For example, if I walk in with a new callaway head that I want the right shaft for, thats $150 for 90 minutes. Would be nice if they offered a "shaft only" fitting for $90 for an hour for example.

Yeah but its the same cost as the full fitting, yes/no? For example, if I walk in with a new callaway head that I want the right shaft for, thats $150 for 90 minutes. Would be nice if they offered a "shaft only" fitting for $90 for an hour for example.

The fitting cost is stagnant, correct. But the service doesn't change, you still get a full fitting, with the head of your choosing.

Appealing. Thanks for the heads up. I plan to schedule a fitting fairly soon at the Denver CC. Still waiting to finalize travel dates, but unfortunately for this promotion, it is looking like the first week of Feb. I may go for a full bag fitting. The experience and potential fitting knowledge gained should be worth it for my interests. If I prioritized, putter fitting would be #1. I'm not as bad a putter as I let on, but it is a clear weakness. And I would be silly not to do a driver fitting with their large range of shafts and heads. Looking for new irons too for 2021, full bag fitting is just about a no brainer. Of course, I might get a case of internet golfer sickness and simply order a bunch of clubs sight unseen between now and then. There is always that possibility. :p

Really wish they did the shaft only fitting.

the discount does make it more palatable

Actually no sir. Per the article linked on the home page. Putter fitting is 50% with the purchase of a putter, regardless of price.
no min. on a putter

Golfers booking putter fittings will receive 50% off their fitting fee with the purchase of a new putter — no price minimum.
Thanks guys, I didn't catch that. I wonder if I could swing a deal on one of the new Mizuno putters coming out soon, because I'm really interested in checking out the new V and VI :unsure:

Of course I'm not dead set on getting a new putter, the Cleveland HB SOFT Premier #10.5 I got right here from THP is still in the bag for good reason, the fitting is mostly to learn more about my putting stroke.

This is what I do - Get the head I want with the stock shaft, then go in and see if we can tweak it to make it better.
When the New Callaway "Redacted" Driver comes out, this is what I will do.
Is it a little Back a$$wards, maybe, however this way I get the head I want, at the price I want and get the satisfaction that I've maximize my set up.
Maybe it cost a little more, I accept that.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to get perfection. From one head to the next what do you get, a couple of extra yards?
If the head I've chosen is way off, my CC fitter will suggest something else and leave it up to me.

Back