Last Round Without A Blowup Hole?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
I got to thinking the other day. When was the last round that I had a blow up hole? What do you consider a blow up hole? I say double bogey or worse. My last round I didn't have anything worse than a bogey.
When I get off the tee & hit greens in regulation, I tend to play a lot better. I have the ability to scramble my way around. Sure I may hit a wayward drive here & there, but I have the ability to not make matters worse. But why does it feel like the round & your game is so much better when there aren't any doubles or worse on the scorecard?
I shot 78 the last round, with 6 bogeys, three on each side but didn't have any birds ... a great day of ball striking but couldn't get the damn ball in the hole. But a few weeks earlier, I shot the same score with 2 doubles & 2 bogeys, again with no birds. The round with the doubles seemed to be worse in all aspects .... ball striking, scrambling, putting. I didn't really have control of my swing that day & the doubles made it Seem worse than it was.
So if I can get around the course with nothing worse than a bogey, I feel like I've played decent that day. Doubles or worse on the card give me the sense that the round was worse than it was. The high scores just leave a bad taste in my mouth 😝 when in all actuality it was the same score in the end.

So what say you THP'ers? Do you have blowup holes more often than you can count? Or are you a steady Eddie?

The whole concept of a round without a blowup hole is so alien to me, I can't even get my head around it.

Consistency is overrated. Is what I tell myself to feel better about my typical rollercoaster rounds. I rarely go without a triple or worse. My last round without a triple was last weekend, but it’s the only such round in my last seven.

For me, I consider a blow up hole anything over double bogey. Last time that happened was Saturday. Shot 84 with a double on 4. The rest pars and bogeys. About as boring as my game gets. I'd love to get to the point where a double is a blow up hole for me.

For me, I consider a blow up hole anything over double bogey. Last time that happened was Saturday. Shot 84 with a double on 4. The rest pars and bogeys. About as boring as my game gets. I'd love to get to the point where a double is a blow up hole for me.
You doubled the straight par 4 up the hill? :eek: that is if we are talking about South Riding

My best round ever is an 89. I'm a 21.4 handicap right now. I'm still trying to get a triple bogey free round.

Honestly, I've not even gotten close yet. :(

I've had rounds with one 3+, but it happened so early on that my hope for doing it was shot at like hole 5. I'm amazed and frustrated by how hard it is, so for me a 3+ is a blow up hole as of right now. USUALLY, I have at least 2-3 blowup holes still though.

2 rounds ago for me. I look at doubles as big numbers.

To me a blowup hole is a triple or higher, however there are days that a snowman or higher is a blowup hole for me. It all depends on my current playing streak. I can get a triple on one hole and still play good golf, but I have to be on top of my game on the rest of the holes. I hate trips on Par 3s though. Had one the other day on a Par 3 and had not had one in quite a while, so that humbled me greatly :ROFLMAO:

The whole concept of a round without a blowup hole is so alien to me, I can't even get my head around it.

I can't imagine not having 3 blow up holes a round...

March of 2002

Very rarely have any doubles or worse, fortunately. Maybe one double every 10 rounds. Can't hit the ball far enough any more to get into any real trouble. Lol

You doubled the straight par 4 up the hill? :eek: that is if we are talking about South Riding

Yeah tugged my tee shot my tee shot to the FW bunker area, hit my 2nd to a crap lie in the greenside trap, and proceeded to have a short game meltdown. It's the hardest hole on that side, per the scorecard, but other than length it's really not that hard. Irony is I drew a good lie in the greenside trap yesterday and hit a shot that left me a 3' putt... On my way to a messier 9 hole score.

Very rarely have any doubles or worse, fortunately. Maybe one double every 10 rounds. Can't hit the ball far enough any more to get into any real trouble. Lol
I am the same way can’t hit it out of my shadow but always find a way to get stuck in the lip of a bunker or something stupid like that

I have plenty of rounds with nothing worse than bogey, but very few rounds where I don't make at least a couple stupid, idiotic bogeys :mad:

While back in Monticello Indiana a couple weeks ago, I double parred a par 4. I 5 putted a green. 3 putts are rare in my world.

This helped me to record one of my top, highest scores of the year. (94)

What's worse was I won my 4 some.

Two days later on the same course, I carded an 81. Go figure.

Even my better played rounds there is usually a quad or even worse. I just cant seem to go without a blowup. I can be smack in the midst of par, bogey and bird golf and bam Ill stick a 8,9, or even 10 in there. I can begin a round with an 8,9 on first hole etc,etc.
Now if talking poorer rounds? I mean just take the above and multiply a few times.

I've had plenty of good 9's at league, but I can't remember the last time I played 18 without a triple. :(

Hmmm I started to play golf maybe 10 years ago.... so 10.1 years ago

I got to thinking the other day. When was the last round that I had a blow up hole? What do you consider a blow up hole? I say double bogey or worse. My last round I didn't have anything worse than a bogey.
When I get off the tee & hit greens in regulation, I tend to play a lot better. I have the ability to scramble my way around. Sure I may hit a wayward drive here & there, but I have the ability to not make matters worse. But why does it feel like the round & your game is so much better when there aren't any doubles or worse on the scorecard?
I shot 78 the last round, with 6 bogeys, three on each side but didn't have any birds ... a great day of ball striking but couldn't get the damn ball in the hole. But a few weeks earlier, I shot the same score with 2 doubles & 2 bogeys, again with no birds. The round with the doubles seemed to be worse in all aspects .... ball striking, scrambling, putting. I didn't really have control of my swing that day & the doubles made it Seem worse than it was.
So if I can get around the course with nothing worse than a bogey, I feel like I've played decent that day. Doubles or worse on the card give me the sense that the round was worse than it was. The high scores just leave a bad taste in my mouth 😝 when in all actuality it was the same score in the end.

So what say you THP'ers? Do you have blowup holes more often than you can count? Or are you a steady Eddie?
How many foot wedges in route to that 78? 😜

As a 10 , a triple is blow up to me but I try to avoid doubles. My last competitive round this past weekend I had no worse than bogey. Which is great for me

Usually good for a couple blow up holes a round… seems I always find OB on one tee shot or am out of position and try the hero shot that blows up in my face…..

Every round for me is like that... doubles, triples. Par for me is a unicorn.:ROFLMAO:

The one I did a live round on last week. Was wild.

I hate 3-putt bogeys, doubles, and 6's on par 5's.

just looked back at my scores and it's been a minute since i haven't had at least one of those on the card. oof...

I would say worse than double bogey is a “blow up” for me. I average just under 1 DB per round. Sure I have rounds without any but at my level I have to accept it’ll happen. It happens to tour pro’s so who the hell am I to be angry at the odd double 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Back