Late Night Musings w/ Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s crazy but balls really do make that much difference. I’m a pretty low launch low spin player and the ProV1x has been my main ball. My buddy is a +5 that hits it very high (he can flight it low if he want though). He balloons a ProV1x, hit the ProV1 better but really likes the AVX because it’s low spin and gives him a penetrating ball flight.

During our practice round before my member/guest that we played in I hit an AVX on a couple Par 3’s. They were playing into the wind around 170. My 8i is around 175 normally so I figured just hitting a hard 8 would be good. Both of them launched low and just cut through the wind and were 10 yards long. It was crazy how well they cut through the wind for me.

Coop seems to have made a turn for the better today...got him to eat and drink. Fingers crossed...Rosie reminds me of our Dinks.

So glad to hear!

It’s crazy but balls really do make that much difference. I’m a pretty low launch low spin player and the ProV1x has been my main ball. My buddy is a +5 that hits it very high (he can flight it low if he want though). He balloons a ProV1x, hit the ProV1 better but really likes the AVX because it’s low spin and gives him a penetrating ball flight.

During our practice round before my member/guest that we played in I hit an AVX on a couple Par 3’s. They were playing into the wind around 170. My 8i is around 175 normally so I figured just hitting a hard 8 would be good. Both of them launched low and just cut through the wind and were 10 yards long. It was crazy how well they cut through the wind for me.

If you think they're awesome for us high launch high spin folks, try the TourB RX. To me I might have given a yard or two off the tee. They’re short game responsiveness won me over.

My thinking was “wait, I don’t have to care about wind (as much)’yet I can still check them up?”

Thought that was a PM.

Do your darndest. It’s 11:40 EST. I do have company. But I’ve committed to this. What can I expand on. You have until 12:39am. You want a zany world view. You want to know if @Hamfist uses hand sanitizer? Ask and you’re questions will be revealed.

Hell, let’s get into our last apocalypse, Ebola.

Freaking beautiful in nature. Very efficient. Too efficient to effect the world but good lord was that way more scary than stupid ‘rona.

No one wants to die that way. Nuff said.

Imma move up my deadline, you’ve got ten minutes to discuss any topics wanted then I’m heading to the hay.

12:12 deadline. Do I have any lunkers on the trotline?

You’ve got 10 before I stop being a bad host.

12:14.

I’m going to hang out with my company now. Night y’all!!

Nighty night

If you think they're awesome for us high launch high spin folks, try the TourB RX. To me I might have given a yard or two off the tee. They’re short game responsiveness won me over.

My thinking was “wait, I don’t have to care about wind (as much)’yet I can still check them up?”
Yeah I told him about the video @Canadan did. I know he tried the TourB X and XS but I don’t think he tried the RX. He tried about every other premium ball though and like the TPX but settled on the AVX.

Yeah I told him about the video @Canadan did. I know he tried the TourB X and XS but I don’t think he tried the RX. He tried about every other premium ball though and like the TPX but settled on the AVX.
He's crazy to settle on AVX if the primary goal is to drop spin.

Expand please? As of now nothing is knocking the TourB RX out of my bag. The AVX is the closest competitor and I’d like to hear your thoughts on the two. I’ve found the AVX as low
Spinning off the tee as anything else, premium ball wise.

Biggest difference I see is short game spin. The RX beats the AVX into a bloody pulp here. It’s like a Combo. You find the perfect blend of cover (pretzel) and cheese (ish).

I’m THP’ing right now and I shouldn’t be. Sincere goodnights this time.

He tried pretty much every ball though I don’t think he tried the RX as those are “supposed” the be for lower swing speeds. The AVX is the one he like when it came to feel, spin, ball flight, distance, and such. Seeing as he’s a +5.3 index that can hit any shot needed I can’t argue against his results.

He tried pretty much every ball though I don’t think he tried the RX as those are “supposed” the be for lower swing speeds. The AVX is the one he like when it came to feel, spin, ball flight, distance, and such. Seeing as he’s a +5.3 index that can hit any shot needed I can’t argue against his results.

The +5.3 settles any argument. I actually agree with you. I found the AVX to be about as long as the TourB RX but it was like hitting an ionomer covered ball into greens. That’s where the RX shines. If I’m hitting a full shot no problems with any ball. It’s the 10-100 yard range that I’d like some spin help as most par 4’s I play I’m somewhere in this range (short courses).

I’m choosing to be happy. Pretty aggravated right now but I’m choosing to be happy. So post something happy.

E52E39E6-A151-40DE-B62F-DF289EB89387.jpeg

I’m not having any tonight as I’m not in a great mood, but this is something to be happy about a future night.

I’m grumpy as, well, a middle age guy can be tonight! So bring all reasonable arguments. I want to discuss nothing about anything outside of golf related (or any other category that doesn’t currently aggravate me).

So punch me but if it has anything to do with anything that I have randomly chosen to despise tonight, you’ll get the 👎🏻

:starwars:

Throw out a little known fact about you.

I’ll throw out two. I spent a year a an Asst Club Pro a zillion years ago.

I have a professional fight (mma) record of 2-1. Overall 5-2 if you include kickboxing. I made less than 5k overall, but I did make some money. Don’t go searching back UFC 1 to see if you’ll see me. But that is the era.

I’m choosing to be happy. Pretty aggravated right now but I’m choosing to be happy. So post something happy.

View attachment 8990053

I’m not having any tonight as I’m not in a great mood, but this is something to be happy about a future night.

Two weeks and I can cheers to that 😂

Two weeks and I can cheers to that 😂

Dude, do not lemme tempt you but if you aren’t on here cheering in 02/01 at 12:01 am with a beer I sent you, i I i ....

I’ll be upset. Got a couple you might be interested in, also got the only case from Cleveland to Columbus if Willitized Stout if that happened to be your favorite.

Hey, I’ve got a THP idea. Who wants to cheer in February at 12:01 AM with this guy and the exact beer?

I’m in.

Couple temptations since I’m apparently an evil SOB, lol....

B46B74C5-DFD5-406A-AF99-D71953DB42A3.jpegBBC4375F-A9BC-484F-873A-CEA443DB138E.jpeg

And for the ladies, yes that is a 16oz can and my hands are that big....

Lol!

I’m grumpy as, well, a middle age guy can be tonight! So bring all reasonable arguments. I want to discuss nothing about anything outside of golf related (or any other category that doesn’t currently aggravate me).

So punch me but if it has anything to do with anything that I have randomly chosen to despise tonight, you’ll get the 👎🏻

:starwars:
What’s your favourite stock option shaft for smooth swing, 115 mph CHS? I know you’re a fan of that PX HZRDUS 7.0... any others?

Throw out a little known fact about you.

I’ll throw out two. I spent a year a an Asst Club Pro a zillion years ago.

I have a professional fight (mma) record of 2-1. Overall 5-2 if you include kickboxing. I made less than 5k overall, but I did make some money. Don’t go searching back UFC 1 to see if you’ll see me. But that is the era.

what was your fighting style?

What’s your favourite stock option shaft for smooth swing, 115 mph CHS? I know you’re a fan of that PX HZRDUS 7.0... any others?

No need to go black 7.0 with that. Maybe if violent but a smooth 115? A yellow or even better a Smoke in 6.5 should be great. I’d go smoke, but yellow is better if you are very mean the entire swing.

Actually the Hulk Shaft in 6.0 might be enough, I’d prolly go with the heavier option if dropping a flex but I swing 105-110 right now (can still hit 115 but working on stupid consistency) and I’m better off in a 60g class S flex at that speed. I get no feel unless midsummer and airing it out of a 6.5 flex or more.

what was your fighting style?

I was listed as a kickboxer, truth be told I just liked the rules better than boxing. I maybe threw 3 kicks in 7 fights, I was a Chuck Liddell style brawler. I had a decent sprawl and can strike pretty well. All five Wins were KO’s (I think all in the first round but might be wrong 20+ years later).

I was never KO’d or submitted. I did take a kick that broke a couple ribs and my corner (damnit cousin!) threw in the towel when I couldn’t defend myself well after that.

No need to go black 7.0 with that. Maybe if violent but a smooth 115? A yellow or even better a Smoke in 6.5 should be great. I’d go smoke, but yellow is better if you are very mean the entire swing.

Actually the Hulk Shaft in 6.0 might be enough, I’d prolly go with the heavier option if dropping a flex but I swing 105-110 right now (can still hit 115 but working on stupid consistency) and I’m better off in a 60g class S flex at that speed. I get no feel unless midsummer and airing it out of a 6.5 flex or more.
Those are around what I'd circled as well. I'm definitely not mean through the swing - I found the OG HZRDUS in 6.5 to be WAY too stout for me!

I think this is why I'm so interested in the Smoke RDX lineup.

Those are around what I'd circled as well. I'm definitely not mean through the swing - I found the OG HZRDUS in 6.5 to be WAY too stout for me!

I think this is why I'm so interested in the Smoke RDX lineup.

Frick, 6.5 is too stout for me in most profiles. I’ll have to hit a real range though. I can never do good off the tee inside. They have a tee that’s too low and a tee that’s too high. Even if they’re not, it’s in my head that one is too high and one too low.

I did get the swing up to 114 on Trackman 4 the other night, highest I’ve recorded since the accident.

I didn’t take a pic of a single one of them. I wasn’t within 10mm of the center of the club even once. As long as my swing is and as violent as it is, a yellow 6.5 76g is too much for 114. Granted clubs were cold (sorry babies!) but even at 114 I can’t feel the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back