Latest Arccos Link Update 2/6/20

The Link connects to phone via Bluetooth, so the phone doesn’t need to use its microphone and you can play music. They also said you could have the Link transmit live to the phone, or send it all post round. Hopefully that’s still the case, it should be since there wouldn’t be much difference implementations wise.

Just placed my order for the new Arccos Caddie Link, read a couple of reviews pointing to improved shot detection from the belt clip (or pocket clip) and being able to get my phone out of my pocket.

Unfortunately not shipping until October so long wait for it but wondering if anyone from the THP team has had a chance to test drive and have any thoughts/feelings/reviews?

Just placed my order for the new Arccos Caddie Link, read a couple of reviews pointing to improved shot detection from the belt clip (or pocket clip) and being able to get my phone out of my pocket.

Unfortunately not shipping until October so long wait for it but wondering if anyone from the THP team has had a chance to test drive and have any thoughts/feelings/reviews?
Moved your post here

I am not doubting you. I think it’s cool if it works for both. I wonder, though, if you can keep the GPS live on a phone and still listen to music. That has been the problem in the past.
I don't think it its the GPS thats the problem thought it was the microphone picking up the "hit"

hmmmm, maybe you can't? but what would be the point of using the link if you can't use the caddie, check distances, hole layout, etc?
If you can't use the phone during the round for that then this is an epic fail in my opinion.

If you can't use the phone during the round for that then this is an epic fail in my opinion.

see above post. i'm 99% sure it's because my sensors are gen 1, and the link faq specifically says those don't work with the link. i'm still using the sensors cobra sent us before the 2018 morgan cup. if those were gen 1, that would explain it. it looks like arccos has a decent buyback/trade-up program, and i'm happy to take advantage of that because I do love the sensors/application/data and don't want to give that up. i'm not sure if I still have the original box, though.

Yesterday my brother/golf buddy told me he ordered one of these for me. I appreciate his generosity but I have no issue carrying my phone and use it to check distance constantly, not sure why I would need it. I’ve gotten in the habit of checking to makes sure my shots are accurate every hole or two, if I can’t do that I could never trust my score again.

Yesterday my brother/golf buddy told me he ordered one of these for me. I appreciate his generosity but I have no issue carrying my phone and use it to check distance constantly, not sure why I would need it. I’ve gotten in the habit of checking to makes sure my shots are accurate every hole or two, if I can’t do that I could never trust my score again.
I can see the link being helpful for accurate shot tracking and keeping phone in pocket for the gps/caddie features

Back