Latest Arccos Link Update 2/6/20

I played a round last weekend with it. Android Pixel 2 xl. Can't remember when I updated it but the current version I'm on is 3.6.1

Have to say it worked quite well. It's always been flaky in shot detection for me especially in the rain/rain pants. Conditions were fair so I thought I'd try it again and yeah...worked well. I think it missed about 10...maybe a dozen shots?

Sounds like iOS might be a but buggy with the update. One drawback on Android is the battery usage. I'm generally around 40% after a round with it. I hear iOS is better so maybe the battery savings is compromising the functionality?

Got an email yesterday that these are now in production and will start being shipped soon based on pre-order dates. They expect all pre-order will be filled by early September.

my link arrived this week. packaging was sleek. setup a breeze. fired it up for today’s round and it didn’t catch a single shot. i’m playing this weekend, so if that happens again i’ll just send it back. i don’t mind the phone in the pocket.

Surprised I haven’t heard anything from Arccos on my order yet, pretty sure I ordered it the day the pre-sale went live.

my link arrived this week. packaging was sleek. setup a breeze. fired it up for today’s round and it didn’t catch a single shot. i’m playing this weekend, so if that happens again i’ll just send it back. i don’t mind the phone in the pocket.

The more that I have thought about it, and having now had some experience with Shot Scope V3, I like having the live GPS on the phone screen, particularly if I am trying to lay up in front of trouble or playing unfamiliar courses.

The more that I have thought about it, and having now had some experience with Shot Scope V3, I like having the live GPS on the phone screen, particularly if I am trying to lay up in front of trouble or playing unfamiliar courses.
Phone in the pocket isn’t half bad for me either. I also use the watch detection and it’s real good.

Phone in the pocket isn’t half bad for me either. I also use the watch detection and it’s real good.
I haven’t tried the watch yet... I really should. I’m worried about it running out of juice half way through a round.

Man after all the postponements that really sucks. Hopefully it works this weekend. I have one coming sometime.

Man after all the postponements that really sucks. Hopefully it works this weekend. I have one coming sometime.

i’ll read a bit more on it. starting the round i thought i selected the link not the phone, but maybe i didn’t do that correctly. i had my phone in the cart charging, link on my belt.

I haven’t tried the watch yet... I really should. I’m worried about it running out of juice half way through a round.
That’s used to happen but with recent updates it seems much friendlier on the battery. I end with more than 25% when I get home and after a real quick charge while I clean up, plenty of juice for the rest of the day.

you can do both. you can still have the app running on your phone to check everything, you just don't need to have the phone in your front left pocket. that's a big deal for some people. I might try to have the phone in my back pocket next round and see how that goes.

Really? I've been on the preorder list for what feels like forever and haven't seen a thing. Anyway...that SUCKS after all this time. Does it have to be charged or anything?

Really? I've been on the preorder list for what feels like forever and haven't seen a thing. Anyway...that SUCKS after all this time. Does it have to be charged or anything?

it came with a fair bit of charge, but I charged it anyway. the initial pairing was super fast. when you open the app to start the round, the link is a choice as is your phone (and watch but I don't have one). I thought I clicked "link" and remember it having a green checkmark indicating it was engaged, but not a single shot registered :confused:

like i said i'll give it another couple tries this weekend. but i'm not one that is bothered by the phone in my pocket, so the link was more of an experiment and supporting the brand than something I considered a necessity.

you can do both. you can still have the app running on your phone to check everything, you just don't need to have the phone in your front left pocket. that's a big deal for some people. I might try to have the phone in my back pocket next round and see how that goes.

I didn’t realize you could still run both. I assumed it was one or the other. The phone in my pocket has never really bothered me, but I know it is a deal killer for others.

I didn’t realize you could still run both. I assumed it was one or the other. The phone in my pocket has never really bothered me, but I know it is a deal killer for others.
Me either really since I pull out the phone often to check hazards and yardages anyway. I really wanted the Link so I could track stats AND play music, especially on league nights.

That’s used to happen but with recent updates it seems much friendlier on the battery. I end with more than 25% when I get home and after a real quick charge while I clean up, plenty of juice for the rest of the day.
That’s good to know! I need to remember next time I’m out and just give it a try...

I checked with them and found out that I should get my confirmation within the next month. They are churning through based on when the order was placed. I placed mine right after seeing it as well.

hmmmm, maybe you can't? but what would be the point of using the link if you can't use the caddie, check distances, hole layout, etc?

hmmmm, maybe you can't? but what would be the point of using the link if you can't use the caddie, check distances, hole layout, etc?

Plenty of us collect information for studying our game but don't want to use a GPS during a round. That's who the Link is targeted at. If you're going to have your phone in your hand during the round anyway the Link is kind of a waste of money IMO.

Plenty of us collect information for studying our game but don't want to use a GPS during a round. That's who the Link is targeted at. If you're going to have your phone in your hand during the round anyway the Link is kind of a waste of money IMO.

interesting. fwiw it's just a check of the phone, then back into the cart. I love having the system during rounds and after for analysis. if the link takes away the in-round use, then I agree with you it's a waste of money for me.

I am not doubting you. I think it’s cool if it works for both. I wonder, though, if you can keep the GPS live on a phone and still listen to music. That has been the problem in the past.

reading up a bit more, i'm wondering if my sensors aren't new enough. they may be 1st gen, which the faq says does not work with link. I may need to look into trading up.

interesting. fwiw it's just a check of the phone, then back into the cart. I love having the system during rounds and after for analysis. if the link takes away the in-round use, then I agree with you it's a waste of money for me.

If a person wants to multi-task on the phone and leave it in the cart, but record the data on the Link, there are plenty of free golf GPS apps that could be implemented. I think the problem is that if Arccos is turned on on the phone, it is going to be wanting to record data, at least that is my guess.

reading up a bit more, i'm wondering if my sensors aren't new enough. they may be 1st gen, which the faq says does not work with link. I may need to look into trading up.

I’ll bet you’re right. Darn.

I used to play without GPS or lasers and wouldn't mind getting back to that. Maybe not every round, but I would like some rounds where I still gathered info but didn't have my phone out. With it in my pocket, I do obsess over it more than I should. Even if I use the GPS on the phone, I would like to pull up to the ball, look at the phone if needed, and leave it in the cart. I cancelled my pre-order when they kept delaying it, but I may end up getting the Link in the future.

Back