Launch Monitor Testing

kidzwitgunz

Reaction score
Handicap
So for fun today I went to the Academy and hit some drives off the launch monitor, while they wouldn't give me the actual paper results here is what I wrote down. The clubs hit were a Taylormade R7 Limited (maybe a tour didn't ask), FT-9, Diablo, Adams new driver. All were stiff flex, basic shaft, either a 10* or 10.5*, neutral/tour face.

20 swings avg:
Club Speed 109.72 mph
Ball Speed 149.31 mph
Total Carry Distance 284.45 yrds (said it could actually be higher due to indoor conditions etc no clue sounded good to me so.....)
Total Drive was not calculated for some reason
Spin etc was also not calculated cause I wasn't paying for a fitting or the dude didn't know how to read it off
Pull/Push degree varied from 1.0* pull to as high as 3.1* pull, no clue what this meant
Actual impact * etc was 11*
Shot was eitgher straight to a power fade which is weird cause I draw the ball

I had a few closer to the heel than sweet spot strikes but overall felt good.

My question is this though: with the above info would I be able to squeeze some more dist. or workability out of either the 909D2 or D3? Just curious because if what the machine was telling me was true then I should be able to handle a Titleist driver but will I be sacrificing some forgiveness compared to the FT-9?

Only reason I ask is because I bought the FT-9 HEAVILY used and am tired of looking at idiot marks, scuff's etc. So just wondering here because I would have to drive to San Antonio to demo a 909 in any flavor.

In our testing the 909D2 and D3 are no where near as long as the FT-9 or about 9 other drivers on the market this year. Solid clubs no doubt about it, but did not fare well at all in our driver shoot outs on distance or forgiveness.

Im confused about what drivers you hit thought. Did you hit the R7 Limited or a TP model? Diablo or a Tour version? Adams Speedline Tour?

In our testing the 909D2 and D3 are no where near as long as the FT-9 or about 9 other drivers on the market this year. Solid clubs no doubt about it, but did not fare well at all in our driver shoot outs on distance or forgiveness.

Im confused about what drivers you hit thought. Did you hit the R7 Limited or a TP model? Diablo or a Tour version? Adams Speedline Tour?

THX that's what I needed to know!

My knowledge of the TM driver's is very limited......haha pun intended!

It was an R7, with an open face and it did say limited but the fitting tech kept calling it the Tour, so is there a limited Tour?

Diablo was a neutral, that was all it said on it, and BTW NOT A FAN! Hated to look/sound/feel etc.

The Adams was the "boxer" one think it is an A30S or something......

Reason I am clueless is because I have only played the Nickent drivers and the FT/composite stuff from Callaway since 2001 so I am lost in what model's, types look like. Also does not help that they were completely covered up so I would take into account results, NOT branding!

Again I am a newbie on "hott-ness" of face, since I have played the GH Plus since I recently traded to the FT-9, so why do so many reviewers say the FT-9 isn't as "hot" of a face?

Back