Recently bought a new lawn mower. It is battery powered. I really like it...no need to fool around with gas/oil, etc., plus it is very quiet.

Running a slit seeder is exhausting, only have the front and side done and glad I have plenty of beer in the fridge. Tomorrow I’ll cut the backyard grass and then get to seeding…so glad and thankful it’s a three day weekend.

Florida grass ain’t a nice, green Nebraska fescue lawn by a long shot. Still trying to figure out lawn care for our St. Augustine/Floratam/Bahia lawn mix along with weed control. We let go our lawn guy along with pool service and will do ourselves for as long as possible. And yes we embraced the “green” and bought Ego mower and blower. Love it. Wife and me tag team mowing/trimming 10,000 sf lawn. Takes us about an hour. We move fast!

Weather is gorgeous today, and since the member guest is going on at the club, figured I would do the yard so I can relax tomorrow with football and work.

Full mow, edge, weed eater, clean up some beds, etc.

Weather is gorgeous today, and since the member guest is going on at the club, figured I would do the yard so I can relax tomorrow with football and work.

Full mow, edge, weed eater, clean up some beds, etc.
That was my original plan for today but son and his gf are coming in and wanted to play 9. Soooooo… I know I’ll be “The Lawn Ranger” tomorrow

Got a serious lawn education from the guys at Jonathan Green in NJ. pH is the key to everything here.

Today I'm going to thatch and add Love Your Soil from them.

I'll wait a bit longer before I aerate and seed. Maybe a couple weeks.

Aerated and seeded yesterday. I haven’t had to water my lawn most of the summer because of all the rainfall. Fighting the voles at the moment as well.

I just slit seeded last weekend and go figure we haven’t had a drop of rain all week. Getting caught up on the watering now though.

Florida grass ain’t a nice, green Nebraska fescue lawn by a long shot. Still trying to figure out lawn care for our St. Augustine/Floratam/Bahia lawn mix along with weed control. We let go our lawn guy along with pool service and will do ourselves for as long as possible. And yes we embraced the “green” and bought Ego mower and blower. Love it. Wife and me tag team mowing/trimming 10,000 sf lawn. Takes us about an hour. We move fast!
If you have any questions, let me know. My Florida grass is looking superb. Needs a cut, but I have to wait because I just put down a bag of the Sunday Grass Machine. The Sunday program has worked great for me.

The best tips I have are (1) to try to avoid shallow watering and frequent cutting so that the grass develops longer, deep roots to help it during the dry times and the summer, (2) cut on your highest deck setting to allow the grass to be less stressed and less weeds to take root, and (3) weed by hand. Most weed killers say they won’t kill your grass, but I have yet to find one that works on my Florida grass. You need to water. Not every day, but enough that the grass is getting something around twice a week.

8226C4E5-8C29-40EB-AA35-0B34269D24F0.jpeg

If anyone has any tips on the best way to match grass (we had to dig up a section of our yard, tried to match it, and the seeds were given by a local place weren't even that close), your help would be much appreciated! It's real thin, and nothing seems to even be close.

Just gave the yard the full cut/trim/clear treatment tonight, before my trip out of town.

Feels good to get it done. Feels even better that it survived the brutal summer we had without a drop of watering.

Just gave the yard the full cut/trim/clear treatment tonight, before my trip out of town.

Feels good to get it done. Feels even better that it survived the brutal summer we had without a drop of watering.

That feeling of accomplishment after a full workover of the yard is *chef's kiss*

Anyone else doing a little fall renovation work?

Spent all of last weekend dethatching, aerating, overseeding, and then filling in some bare spots with seed and a layer of peat moss.

Pray for my monthly water bill :oops:

Spent all of last weekend dethatching, aerating, overseeding, and then filling in some bare spots with seed and a layer of peat moss.

Saturday I will do a first cut in 10 days due to so much rain. It is going to be LONG! Will bag.
Then I will put some weed killer down over the entire thing and that is about it. Assuming dormant will be coming in a few weeks.

Saturday I will do a first cut in 10 days due to so much rain. It is going to be LONG! Will bag.
Then I will put some weed killer down over the entire thing and that is about it. Assuming dormant will be coming in a few weeks.

Lucky for you with Southern Grass you don't really have to worry about overseeding.

With the Fescue that is in my yard, it is going to be a fairly constant battle. However, I want to dominate both my neighbors next spring, so the 13 hours I spent in my yard last weekend will be worth it come March-April :)

Just a couple of patches to fill, but not over seeding this year. Too costly over 1.25 acres. Put down some Lesco 30-0-10 fertilizer on Tuesday, and that got rained in nice.

If we get a few days of rain in Mid October I will roll then core aerate.

Just a couple of patches to fill, but not over seeding this year. Too costly over 1.25 acres. Put down some Lesco 30-0-10 fertilizer on Tuesday, and that got rained in nice.

If we get a few days of rain in Mid October I will roll then core aerate.

Ya I cannot imagine overseeding on 1.25 acres hahaha!

I have a MUUUUCH smaller lawn.

Lucky for you with Southern Grass you don't really have to worry about overseeding.

With the Fescue that is in my yard, it is going to be a fairly constant battle. However, I want to dominate both my neighbors next spring, so the 13 hours I spent in my yard last weekend will be worth it come March-April :)

Lots of fescue here too. My neighbor overseeds but we didnt last year and like the dormant look.

I need to aerate and lay some fescue down throughout the yard.

Ya I cannot imagine overseeding on 1.25 acres hahaha!

I have a MUUUUCH smaller lawn.
It was difficult. I picked the driest, hottest late Sept. early Oct. to try it. I was dragging sprinklers around starting at 5 a.m. each day before work to ensure they got enough moisture to germinate. It looks better, but I know a lot of seed just died. If I do it again, I'll do it section by section.

It was difficult. I picked the driest, hottest late Sept. early Oct. to try it. I was dragging sprinklers around starting at 5 a.m. each day before work to ensure they got enough moisture to germinate. It looks better, but I know a lot of seed just died. If I do it again, I'll do it section by section.

I actually bought one of those "tractor" sprinklers that run across the fixed path in your yard. It is slow-going, but so far, has been set it and forget it.

I wish my house had irrigation, but since we are newly, first-time homebuyers, my wife isn't signing off on an irrigation system until we do about 200 other things.

What do you have in your yard? Bluegrass?

Its supposed to be :ROFLMAO:
However the previous owner put fescue seed down mixed in, so its kind of a hybrid. Then of course Bermuda finds its way into all of the yards in our neighborhood and you can't ever get rid of it.

Its supposed to be :ROFLMAO:
However the previous owner put fescue seed down mixed in, so its kind of a hybrid. Then of course Bermuda finds its way into all of the yards in our neighborhood and you can't ever get rid of it.

That is one of the nice things about it, if you have it, but agreed, if you don't have it, you don't want it in your yard.

The house we bought was completely gutted about 4.5 years ago, and that included completely killing and resodding the lawn. It isn't a bad lawn, and we didn't have a TON of weed issues, but it was definitely thin in spots, so I want to have a much fuller yard come next spring.

I will admit learning more about lawn care has been fascinating to me, which probably signals I am becoming a full-fledged adult.

That is one of the nice things about it, if you have it, but agreed, if you don't have it, you don't want it in your yard.

The house we bought was completely gutted about 4.5 years ago, and that included completely killing and resodding the lawn. It isn't a bad lawn, and we didn't have a TON of weed issues, but it was definitely thin in spots, so I want to have a much fuller yard come next spring.

I will admit learning more about lawn care has been fascinating to me, which probably signals I am becoming a full-fledged adult.

It might. In FL, I avoided it and just had a service, because it wasn't a real thing. When we moved here, we decided to do it ourselves and both @GolferGal and I like it.

The last 3 months was the first we had some weed trouble in the front and back, but it was an odd summer here with no rain and then CONSTANT rain and they came out of nowhere.

Back