Lead tape, do you use?

I've actually never used it.

Could the average golfer really tell the difference lead tape makes?

One or two swing weight points, maybe not. 5 or so, definitely.

In the past I only used it on putters. This past weekend I used it to bump up the swing of a driver & I could definitely feel & see a difference in the results.

I've never used it. I honestly don't know enough about what I ideally need to have any idea about where or how much to apply.

Have yet to, but was thinking about it over the weekend as an option to try and even out some swing weights on certain clubs.

Only used it on driver and 3 wood. Added until I liked the feel. I have no idea about swing weight but I like a little heavier feel myself. Seems to keep me from casting

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

never used it

Nope. Not a once.

I am not opposed to it but I have never used it. I really have no reason. I personally can't tell the difference that much to make it useful.

That is something where I have absolutely no knowledge. I am curious to see the direct impact on an amateur's game.

I have never used lead tape.

I do not use lead tape.

I have used it in the distant past, but have not used any in several years.

I had too when I reshafted my irons and made the rookie mistake of not having a SW scale on hand and needed to get the SW back up to D3 though the set (thanks Soxfan for the assist), I hated the look of it on the irons but it did seem to make them play better.

Lead tape is not fixing my issues.

I don't use it at all.

I use to put on my putter to add weight but went and add tungsten powder in it. Next putter I may do the same if the weight is off.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

I have used it in the past to get SW I thought I should be playing at, but to be honest I have never see a difference with or without.

Yep I do. I've got 8g of lead tape on my putter right now and I'm going to be adding 8-10 grams to my Epic Sub Zero soon.

I use it in conjunction with a swing weight scale. I play all of my clubs very short compared to today's standards and I struggle with anything below D0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I messed around with it years ago with a bonded driver with no adjustability. I honestly don't know if it made any changes, or if it was mental, or if suddenly I went on a string of good swings.

Ever since I have had adjustable drivers (which I have rarely ever adjusted anyways), I have not used lead tape.
Never used it on irons. Used it once on a putter ages ago.

I tried to use it to counter-act a slice. But really don't know if I had ever placed the tape in proper locations to aid in any way.

I do, but only on my Heavenwood which was cut down. There was some tape on it when I received it, and after the strips fell off, I could definitely tell a difference. I added some back on to get the little bit of weight back to help me feel where it was during the swing.

I messed around with it years ago with a bonded driver with no adjustability. I honestly don't know if it made any changes, or if it was mental, or if suddenly I went on a string of good swings.

Ever since I have had adjustable drivers (which I have rarely ever adjusted anyways), I have not used lead tape.
Never used it on irons. Used it once on a putter ages ago.

I tried to use it to counter-act a slice. But really don't know if I had ever placed the tape in proper locations to aid in any way.

It would be interesting to see trackman numbers based off of different weights and locations.

I've never used it and have no need really. My luck I would do more harm then good somehow.

I've used enough lead tape to take years off of my my life.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?83177-WITB-Galen-Marek

I have a tennis background and because I'm a clay court baseliner and don't participate in quick exchanges at the net I need a heavier headed racquet for stability on ground strokes rather than maneuverability for volleys. So I've always added lead tape to the heads of my racquets so I get the stability and plow through on ground strokes that I'm looking for. When I transitioned to golf I felt like the stock weights of the clubs were too light and I was unable to feel the head weight and I felt like it didn't allow me to keep my natural tempo. The Taylormade Bubble shaft clubs had high swingweights as well as the Goldwin AVDP clubs and I really liked the feel so I tried adding lead tape until I found weights that in my mind fit my tempo and allowed me to feel the head of the clubs. Basically it comes down to:

D-5 driver
D-4 - 3 wood, hybrid, 4-PW
D-6 wedges
D-0 minimum putter

I do add apply my own leadtape

Back