Lead tape, do you use?

Use it to get a specific club up to my swing weight. Example is driver, like to have D3 and most drivers require lead tape to get it there.

I would have no idea what to do with it and think it looks awful and wouldn't want it on my clubs.

No. First, I have no idea how to properly weight a club. Second, I hate the look.

On my MackDaddy wedges I popped the 4 plastic weight port inserts out and poured melted lead in. Had to epoxy in to make stay. Have no idea of new swing weight but love the feel and the confidence in the club I have now.

I've never used lead tape.

Never used it, probably never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe...maybe

I do it to just look cool like the pros tweaking their clubs. No idea if it helps me or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have a question to the "Tapers"

I have a "Friend" is having a problem squaring up his fairway woods. Seems to leave the face open at impact.
Of course it's his swing however if my "Friend" applied lead tape to bottom at the heel side of the club, would that help him close the face at impact?

So I have a question to the "Tapers"

I have a "Friend" is having a problem squaring up his fairway woods. Seems to leave the face open at impact.
Of course it's his swing however if my "Friend" applied lead tape to bottom at the heel side of the club, would that help him close the face at impact?
Yes, in theory it should. I have never used tape before last month. I had problems with losing the ball right (more right than normal) with the new Rogue driver. Before giving up on it I decided to try lead tape, since applying it to the heel side it has come back to an acceptable ball flight for me.
http://www.golfsamurai.net/driver/how-to-use-lead-tape-on-driver.htm

I put 4g of lead tape on each of my G15 irons.... what an improvement! I can really feel the club head now! D0 nominal should be about D2 now. If you have irons like the Pings that have relatively low swing weight it could really help you.

Dave

Have a couple strips on the back of my black 50º Cleveland at present. Looks like arse.
It was really light from the factory and needed it. I have a swingweight scale and stopped when I hit what I was after. Applied it mostly toward the sole/lower portion in the back of the flange.
I'd never be a vanity lead-taper. And its lead. Yuck.

Clubmaker didn't ask if I wanted it off when he shafted them up. Yes, I wanted it off, thanks for asking. :ROFLMAO:
It looks like hell. Is this the way you'd want your wedge to look? :rolleyes: Shame on me for not explicitly instructing I guess?... 😕 So yeah, still ugly, and a little disappointed. (The club. Not pretty me.) :giggle:

You don't see the arse of the club at address though... Lead tape makes you look like a real player :) just kidding.

Dave

I'm considering it for the first time. I want to add about 4 grams to a few heads to see how it is, and don't want to pull them apart for tips weights. I'd have already taped them if it wasn't such a pain in the a$$ to get off.

Yes, I use it. Typically only to achieve a desired swing weight (I have a scale to confirm).

My Wilson 8813 putter is stock at C-7 swing weight, so I have gobs of lead tape on it.

I could care less what it looks like as long as it feels good with my old fashion pop stroke..

Yes I use lead tape. Right now only on 1 club since my irons and wedges were rebuilt to desired swing weight.

I play my clubs short so I often have to use lead tape to hit a desired swing weight.

My current club with lead tape also has the lead tape positioned on the toe to help calm down my draw with the club.

Lead is beautiful. Tools, not jewels.

9E142ED0-0EA4-4675-8946-4056B07672FA.jpeg

Love the lead tape. ?but then again, i am old school all the way

I’ve used lead tape on most of my iron sets and nearly all of my drivers for decades. I’ve always played a shorter than average driver and had to add lead tape to keep the swingweight in that D2-D4 range. My current irons were custom ordered from Srixon and have heavy(DGX100) shafts and they got the D4 weight spot on without me having to use lead tape except on a couple wedges that I like a little heavier. My new Mavrik driver is playing a little lighter at D-0 but I have heavier screw weights that should arrive in the next couple of days.

Back