Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
Going to experiment with lead tape. Few questions.
1. Is there a difference between what is labeled as High Density lead tape or regular lead tape?
2. How much should I apply to increase my swingweight 1 or 2 points?
3. Where should I put it? If I add it to the heel with this create more of a draw bias?
4. This may be a silly question but can I use stick on tire weights? They are essentially the same thing and I already have them. 1 in is 14 grams.

I thinks thats all. Thanks in advance.

It's been a while since I used lead tape but I believe every two inches is equal to one swing weight. You'd have to put quite a bit on to create draw bias or fade bias. I suggest you just place it on the back lower part of the iron to get your swing weight up.

Yes for tire weights and I think toe weight makes it draw. I am. It sure about the other two points.

Yes for tire weights and I think toe weight makes it draw. I am. It sure about the other two points.
I think you would add more weight in the heel for draw bias.

toe weight holds the clubface open creating a fade. I read once that lead tape to create draw bias was a myth so I was trying to confirm it.

BTW this is going on the driver. Forgot to mention that.

toe weight holds the clubface open creating a fade. I read once that lead tape to create draw bias was a myth so I was trying to confirm it.

it's a myth unless you add in excess of 20g (10 swingweight points).

Why so? What do you have to back this up? (not trying to be rude btw)

Tm has 16 gram weights for the heel on SuperTri drivers... 10g (stock) for the R11S and that creates some draw bias. Personally i still fade even with higher loft (closed face) and heel weight.

Why so? What do you have to back this up? (not trying to be rude btw)

Physics and the opinion of many of the worlds top clubmakers. The reason the R11 can help create a small amount of draw or fade bias is because of a 18g difference when switching the 1g and 10g weights. The topic has been proven to be a myth by many club engineers.

Thanks jag!

This was all discussed in a thread not even two weeks ago...

In my first week with these on my wedges, I can safely say the pros are my favorite. I have a wrap and pro on my wedges and I like it a lot. So many grips look good today and I still don't know what I want? Z cord? REL 3gen in color, NDMC whiteouts?

Back