Leading Edge of Wedges?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you prefer something straighter or something a bit more rounded?
Or do you not care at all?

100%, rounded. All day every day. Just picked up some new SM7s and they are a good bit more rounded than my TM MG wedges.

I think the rounded leading edges make them more versatile and forgiving. Short pitches and chips around the greens have a great turf interaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly never really paid attention to it but probably should since the question is being posed. Guessing the straight leading edge is more preferential for full shots and the rounded helps add more versatility when opening up the face and such.

Rounded. I don't think I could play a straight leading edge on a wedge. Looks awkward and strange to me.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Probably somewhere in the middle. I’ve seen some ugly wedges that look like a pancake at address but the very rigid straight leading edge isn’t preferable for me either.

The SM7s actually have a nice slightly rounded leading edge.

Haven’t paid attention to this, but is this similar to the grinds?

I feel like I do better with rounded though

Slightly rounded I think. Seems that my wedges are all that way.

I don't think I could tell you, to be quite honest. I have no idea what my wedges leading edges are like. If I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd say rounded? Maybe?

This is something I've never thought of. Looks like I need to get off the couch and take a look at my wedges.

100%, rounded. All day every day. Just picked up some new SM7s and they are a good bit more rounded than my TM MG wedges.

I think the rounded leading edges make them more versatile and forgiving. Short pitches and chips around the greens have a great turf interaction.

This. I like rounded leading edges. Maybe it’s just what I’m used to.

Guess I never really took the time to observe close enough, but rounded I thing would be better.

Slightly rounded is better for my eye.

The straighter the leading edge is, the better it looks for me. That being said, there has to be some roundness but more on the straight side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some roundness but straighter fits my eye better

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ive played both, not sure I have a preference. Maybe prefer rounded on wedges im going to open up, but i open up a straight edge wedge now just fine.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I prefer a straighter look most of the time, since I tend to play my wedges straight on. I feel like I like up better with the straighter leading edge.

Straighter edge for me personally

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Prefer straighter for looks, but ultimately I'll play whatever works.

A little rounded. But straight edge is game too

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Definitely straighter for me.

Dont care. Good friend of mine said that leading edge is the devil

I like it fairly rounded. Just feels more confident that it'll slide under the ball. I don't care that that's not true.

I can't say I have ever noticed that

Slightly rounded, and I like a leading edge that sits low to the ground and is rolled, not sharp.

Back