Lease or finance golf clubs?

Ben Hogan Golf offer 0% financing through Klarna if you qualify. I used it to find my Equalizer wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quit the financing thing many years ago and so glad I did. You are in debt to someone else until you get the debt paid. I pay cash or I don't buy.

Leasing clubs sounds insteresting but I dont think I would ever finance them. It would just be too much of a temptation and next thing you know, youd have $5K spent on clubs.
For me, I have a golf club buying budget that I stick to. If I dont have the cash, I dont buy.

This may make sense if you can't afford the clubs outright, but I hate having monthly payments on things other than car, mortgage, and the like. That being said, if you can't afford to pay the $2000 outright for that set of clubs you've always wanted, this will give you a chance to get that set. I can see it being helpful if the number is right.

Seeing as what a set of clubs sells for these days, why can't they qualify as "the like"? It would depend on the interest rate charged of course. If it's credit card level, forget it.

Then there's the pre-owned route. Last year, the Callaway Epic Flash driver was selling for about $530-$560 around here. I hit one in a demo bay and really wanted it. But, being retired, ain't no way they're getting that much out of me for one club! Then someone told me about Callaway Pre-Owned. Long story short, I bought a 2019 Epic Flash for $225, tax and shipping included! And it was in better than advertised condition. And I am hitting the literal dog snot out of the club!

I can't bring myself to finance anything anymore. Only thing financed right now is the mortgage and student loans. Might consider it at 0% interest if there were additional perks involved, but otherwise no.

I’m older and have paid a price taking out loans for things I couldn’t afford. Please don’t do it.

I just got fit for a driver but it's going to take 2 months to come. I'm trying to find somewhere to get a loaner Sim Max for those 2 months.

Dollar Driver Club seems solid with positive reviews but I need 3 months commitment. ($90-100)
Utry same amount of time ($100)
TeeBoxClubs - Says 30 a month with only 1 month commitment needed but I can't find a single word about this company

any input or ideas for me?

edit: is gimme a 12 month lease only?

Last edited:
I had never heard of it.
I mean I’m going over this in my mind thinking how, I guess it says $30 a month, so say you play 5 months, may-September, that’s a $150 for let’s say this years latest greatest driver and then you turn it back in and rinse and repeat next year?

I did this with the Dollar Driver Club 2 years ago. I went Rogue SZ after having purchased an M3 440 and not gretting along the greatest with Twist Face. Apparently I can hit a heel hook or a toe slice, neither of which twist face helps.

They were going through a business move at the time so communication wasn’t really great but in the end they took care of my issues.

I’m older and have paid a price taking out loans for things I couldn’t afford. Please don’t do it.

I could afford. Looked at it as 4-5 months left in the season so why spend $500.00 for a driver that I’d be lucky to get $225.00 out of in 6 months. So for $120-150 I’d save the $275.00 in depreciation.

It wasn’t a rent to own, in fact that’s what I didn’t like about it, there was no purchase option. They wanted you to always be leading the latest and greatest.

I seriously do not recommend "gimme". IMHO, they are a fly-by-night bogus organization. DO NOT give these scam artists your money! I gave all info, they took my CC and money, then informed me their "security team" rejected me? AFTER taking my money. I called their customer service number and it went to "Steve's" voicemail on a cell phone. Still waiting for my refund.

I seriously do not recommend "gimme". IMHO, they are a fly-by-night bogus organization. DO NOT give these scam artists your money! I gave all info, they took my CC and money, then informed me their "security team" rejected me? AFTER taking my money. I called their customer service number and it went to "Steve's" voicemail on a cell phone. Still waiting for my refund.
Oh wow. That is not a good thing.

If you’re financing clubs, clubs aren’t your problem.
I think using 0 percent is fine, its basically free money. I wouldn't get into 20 percent interest over 2 years type financing but 3 payments 0 interest yeah why not.

Just thinking about this again.

I've purchase all my clubs via a credit card. So, I suppose I've financed them anyways. 2-4 months of financing, but still financed.

I can't justify going into debt for a hobby. If I couldn't pay cash for my sticks, I wouldn't buy them.

I think using 0 percent is fine, its basically free money. I wouldn't get into 20 percent interest over 2 years type financing but 3 payments 0 interest yeah why not.

I won’t argue that.

Back