Least number of iron sets/drivers/putters ever owned out there?

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
For me, it was Silver Scot 845’s in 1988, then the Adams A3OS senior integrated set on their release, three years ago used Cobra Fly-Z XL combo from E-Bay and now my current new TE HL3 iron woods. The only “real” driver I’ve ever owned was a Callaway BB Steelhead Plus 10*. Still banging a TM Burner Superfast 3 wood off the tee now. Putters - old Ram and now an older model Odyssey Marxman Mini.

I'm not including my starter set, but even still I'm sure I have less than most.

Since then I've owned Cleveland CG Red and Srixon z565/765 irons. Recently acquired my 3rd set, the KZG Tri-tours.

Drivers a Cleveland Hi-bore XL and my current Cobra F6+.

Putters a Cleveland Classic 2 and my current Ben Hogan BHM01.

4 sets of irons in almost 50 years, the first were Walter Hagen blades with steel shafts painted to look like wood, probably 5 drivers, still have my original 5W in persimmon and probably 4 putters.

I'll start with my first "good" clubs I remember.

Hand-me-down wilson fat shafts from teenage years until 2008 ish.
X14 Steelheads until 2019.
919 forged now.

Hand-me-down titlist 975d early 2000s.
Ping k15 2010?
Callaway rogue 2019
Epic Flash now. 2019

Ram zebra early teens?
Ping Karsten anser 2 mid 2000s?
(Joined thp) 2019
Ping vault bergan
Stroke lab one
Swag handsome one
Newport 2 custom resto.

In almost 60 years of playing golf, too many to itemize. Probably 8 sets of irons (which I could name), at least a dozen+ drivers, and at least 2-3 dozen putters

It would be a fairly long list.
First set was a garage sale set I got for $50 with the bag!!!
It just continued from there.
The best set is from The Grandaddy last year, that is a set that will be played for a long time. So there is hope my club hoing is over for quite some time.

I'm not proud of the absurd number of sets/individual clubs I've cycled thru in my 10 months of golf...

I'm not proud of the absurd number of sets/individual clubs I've cycled thru in my 10 months of golf...
Your WITBagorium is like a infinity loop. :p

I am undoubtedly in the THP minority by admitting that I just purchased the third putter of my golf career a couple weeks ago.

I was just fitted for my fourth set of irons, waiting for them to arrive.

I have dabbled with drivers the most, probably had a half dozen in my 30+ years.

I got my first real set of clubs that were not my dads hand me downs in 1973. PowerBilt Citations. I quit playing regularly about 20 years ago. Now that I’m retired, I’m getting back into playing. I just ordered my second set of (used) clubs yesterday. I’m keeping my vintage Ping Anser putter I got back in ‘72.

Back