Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
Would you use leather grips?

I have a putter with a leather grip on it and am thinking of using it. Its surprisingly tacky and feels pretty different compared to the rubber, cord, and whatever superstroke grips are.

I also saw that they make leather grips still for swing grips. From what I've read people like the tacky feel creating the grip and are popular with the no glove crowd as well. Some people also swear they are better in the rain than cord grips.

Obviously they are expensive compared to most other grips.

No way. Maybe putter but definitely not other clubs. Better in the rain? I can't see that as realistic

No way, unless I had an old school set of hickory shafted clubs and wanted them to be historically accurate. But not on my gamers.

No way. Maybe putter but definitely not other clubs. Better in the rain? I can't see that as realistic

I had leather grips made by best grips for about two years. Absolutely loved them. Especially in the rain and super humid conditions. Very tacky. And the longer you keep them the better they feel.

I would go back to them, but they are very pricey and I am happy with the golf pride Z cord at the moment in terms of grip and tack

I had leather grips made by best grips for about two years. Absolutely loved them. Especially in the rain and super humid conditions. Very tacky. And the longer you keep them the better they feel.

I would go back to them, but they are very pricey and I am happy with the golf pride Z cord at the moment in terms of grip and tack

Interesting. I would of assumed the Z Cord to be on the opposite spectrum from the best grips.

have one on putter currently, it's ok.

I would on a putter but not swing grips, mainly because of the cost to grip a whole set to be honest.

Interesting. I would of assumed the Z Cord to be on the opposite spectrum from the best grips.

in terms of feel yes they are the opposite ends. But in terms of what they are good for they work very similarly. Leather is usually a little bit softer although still firm until fully broken in and very tacky. The Z cord is obviously firm and rough with texture in order to create that grip.

this is very interesting, are leather grips more tacky? you would think their slippery.
what is the tackiest golf pride grip? in regards to getting the best grip.

this is very interesting, are leather grips more tacky? you would think their slippery.
what is the tackiest golf pride grip? in regards to getting the best grip.

Going to guess the supertac is the most tacky golf Pride grip.

Interesting to hear some say they feel leather would be slippery.

What’s the reason?

You can get leather grips that install like any other grip for $10 each.

Interesting to hear some say they feel leather would be slippery.

What’s the reason?
i have no idea other than assuming is half the battle. i thought theyd be slippery.

I remember leather grips felt great until you got them sweaty or wet. I'd still use one on a putter though.

I don't see myself ever going this route.

Have you heard of Grip Master The Roo grips? They are kangaroo leather and are ridiculously tacky and get tackier in wet conditions.

I have a set of Grip Masters and will put them on some clubs with air so I can pull them easily. They are unique in every way, but I really enjoy the feel during hot and humid conditions.

I have one putter with a leather grip. I like it. It isn't necessarily my preference. I would not use a leather grip on any other club.

Have you heard of Grip Master The Roo grips? They are kangaroo leather and are ridiculously tacky and get tackier in wet conditions.

I have a set of Grip Masters and will put them on some clubs with air so I can pull them easily. They are unique in every way, but I really enjoy the feel during hot and humid conditions.
No honestly I haven't I was just thinking about other leather like gloves that gets slick when wet.

My Tad Moore putter has a leather grip.
All of my other clubs have Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs which are simulated leather.

My very first set of clubs, decades ago, had real leather grips,
and if less expensive simulated leather grips weren't both good and readily available,
I would have no hesitation to play leather grips.

I like wrap grips only as I like to play without a glove.

No honestly I haven't I was just thinking about other leather like gloves that gets slick when wet.

I always have some leather grips on hand during fittings, just to let my golfers try them out. It's a polarizing type of thing. They either hate them or love them when it comes to putting them on a club other than putter. It's an unusual experience in my opinion.

I’d be willing to give them a try.

I have in the past -- and have some that haven't been used.

They last forever, so like marriage, it's a long term commitment.... but leather grips might last longer.

I’d love to try a set of grip master stitch backs. Expensive though and that’s a hold up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back