Leatherworking Project - let's celebrate 7 million!

OK.. Getting some work in. Trying to find an old blade putter for size reference..

Super cool. I need to see what you end up making!

It does not look like much but I have the pattern made for the blade putter cover. Next step will be to transfer this to a piece of leather and cut it out. Date night with my wife so might not happen tonight. 20210101_170344.jpg

On another note, I've started working on the mallet cover pattern as well. I do have a question though. What would you guys like to see? If I tool a design into the leather do you want to see video of that (if I can make that possible) or just a bunch of pictures of progress along the way?

Pretty cool thread, man. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make and any progress pics/videos you share.

Asking for a friend, how about a gimp mask! 😂

I can’t wait to see the blade cover!
Is this an official request captain?(if we show up at Al's house wearing them he won't let us in) 😂😂

Is this an official request captain?(if we show up at Al's house wearing them he won't let us in) 😂😂
All I can think about is The Average Joes walking out in the leather and Jason Bateman say, “That’s Rad!”

Don't know how I missed this thread first time around, but really looking forward to seeing this project take shape!

To answer your question above, progress pictures along the way would be very cool, a video would be really interesting to see the process.

It does not look like much but I have the pattern made for the blade putter cover. Next step will be to transfer this to a piece of leather and cut it out. Date night with my wife so might not happen tonight. View attachment 8985989
Looks like a whole lot to me! Getting that template done is a big part or the process!

It does not look like much but I have the pattern made for the blade putter cover. Next step will be to transfer this to a piece of leather and cut it out. Date night with my wife so might not happen tonight. View attachment 8985989
How did you decide on a flap closure? Magnets or snaps?

I typically use snaps but I have a magnetic clasp that I am planning to use for this. I plan to transfer the pattern and cut the leather tomorrow. I will try to get a picture of the magnetic clasp tomorrow.

I'm working on the plans for a mallet and a blade headcover. Once I have the designs drawn out I will get them up. Hoping that I will have at least one mocked up in the next 24 hours

I’d like to see what you come up with.

I just realized I missed your first question. I was looking at a standard putter cover and by design with the cushy internal lining and with a simple strap across the back (or embedded magnetics) it offers some protection if the putter is dropped. With this being all leather with no lining I want some protection if dropped so I went with the flap. Plus, I know blade lengths differ so there won't be a friction fit and the putter may move around more inside it.

Last edited:
I typically use snaps but I have a magnetic clasp that I am planning to use for this. I plan to transfer the pattern and cut the leather tomorrow. I will try to get a picture of the magnetic clasp tomorrow.
Really looking forward to see how you incorporate the magnetic closure... I typically use snaps too and really want to have a way of using magnets effectively. I even got a magnetic badge assembly in hopes that I could use it somehow later.

I just realized I missed your first question. I was looking at a standard putter cover and by design with the cushy internal lining and a simple strap across the back (or embedded magnetics) it offers some protection if the putter is dropped. With this being all leather with no lining I want some protection if dropped so I went with the flap. Plus, I know blade lengths differ so there won't be a friction fit and the putter may move around more inside it.
Ah, good call. I forgot that you weren't going to be using any sort of lining.

Any consideration to at least gluing in some fleece?

@93civiccpe
I sent you a private message with pictures and measure

Man I can't wait to see the progress & final product!
You and me both! I really enjoy leatherwork... something about it is just so satisfying.

Back