Left dash ProV1X - anyone try or gonna try em?

Based on what Titleist and you guys shared, I don't think I'll be trying the dash. With a smooth 95 MPH swing speed I don't need to reduce spin with the big dog. Where my game is at I'm kinda a tweener between the ProV1 and ProV1x. If they released a CPO between those two I'd be more of a candidate.

20191014_183433.jpg

Recieved a sleeve today from @DNice26

Off the putter I really like the feel. Tried insert and non insert along with mallets. Overall it just wants to get going with a nice little pop.

Off wedges the ball felt firm. It was weird that the ball felt significantly clickier off the wedge compared to the putter. Irons felt normal. Ball is firm for sure.

Cant wait to get the ball outside. Color is different than the regular prov1x. Seems closer to the bright white of Srixon than the usual cast urethane color that Titleist has.

Eric from Titleist gave us all a sleeve of these and told us a bit about them at the Ultimate T-Series irons event. Basically these are a lower spinning ball that launches high. He said some of the tour players like the idea of low spin like the AVX, but do not want it to launch that low so this was a ball they had in their R&D that launched high even though it was low spin. He said the flight characteristics and feel should be very similar to a Pro V1X, but if you struggle with high spin you should get some spin reduction and the ball will go a bit further for you. I get 4000 rpm of backspin with my driver so I was intrigued. I played this ball for several holes yesterday. I really liked them and the ball flight looked good. They also had that firm feel of a ProV1X which I like. These will not feel soft if that is what you are looking for you won't like them much. When I have played AVX and Chrome Softs in the past I always think the ball isn't flying high enough when I look up from my swing and these did not have that problem at all. I did not get enough time chipping and pitching to see how they perform in the short game so I don't have much to say there.

Thanks @DataDude I have the same issue. AVX really worked for me last time, but I'll give those a try as well.
The only thing is you have to get someone to order them for you. Eric recommended a local golf pro. They are the same price as ProV1's so don't go to eBay and pay extra .

I really liked the 9 holes I got to play with the left dash at the event. I hit a few bombs off the tee. The flight was what I wanted and I didn't have any problem getting it to stop on the greens. I was looking around the internet this morning to see how I could get some more. I should have asked Eric.

Thanks @DataDude I have the same issue. AVX really worked for me last time, but I'll give those a try as well.

I don’t think you would want the extra launch. You are trying to keep your launch down.

I see that Maple Hill Golf has these at the Holiday Price of $39.95 - That's the cheapest I've seen for Left Dash ProV1X.

I see that Maple Hill Golf has these at the Holiday Price of $39.95 - That's the cheapest I've seen for Left Dash ProV1X.

Interesting... I wonder if they are not selling well.

Interesting... I wonder if they are not selling well.
Yeah, I don't know, no one seems to have them (based on the cursory looking I did) and if they do, not at that price.

Comparison of Left Dash to Standard ProV1X - Really interesting - Won't give the results away, have to watch it.

Bumping this to see if anyone had furthered their thoughts about it. Or anyone new has given them a go. I know a lot of people are just starting to get going after the golf shutdown, and might be playing around with such things.

I've hit them quite a bit this year, and to play them, for me, takes some adjustments/sacrifices. All balls do, because I don't think any are perfect.

They are the longest of anything I've tested off the tee for me. Even ones that spin too low don't fall and run like an avx, so they seem to win out on distance. The ball flight is most noticeable to me here compared to other low spin balls. As a prov1 guy, they feel like a rock. Like, insanely hard. Like a warbird, with extra weight, or something. I joked with a friend it feels like hitting a little medicine ball with a driver.

For me off irons it really depends on the irons. They don't feel bad at all with the Forged Tecs, click like crazy with apex 19s, but don't feel that different, and are a really noticeable change with the Mavrik pros. I doubt it's honestly that different, and just kind of crosses a feel line for me, which I'm guessing is pretty fine. Do not like, though. Flight, distance, and spin don't seem that different than other low spin balls to me on course with irons and my numbers are all pretty similar. Depending on the clubs I could go avx or left dash and not really care which.

Greenside is kind of the same for me. If you can handle the sound I think it's pretty similar in overall performance to the avx. They both run out more, but I kind of prefer the feel of the left dash.

With the putter is where I notice the differences the most. My main putters are pretty dead/firm because that's what I like. I don't necessarily prefer a soft ball with them or anything, but the left dash definitely crosses that feel line for me. I feel like they're kind of lively within that combo too, and harder to control distance on, but it could be a perception bias because of the feel. So I don't like to play them on the green unless I use my stroke lab with the softer insert. Then they feel great.

So for me it would come down to the equipment I'm playing and if any spin/distance/ball flight benefits would be worth having to switch some of that up. All about the pairings, I guess. If I have different clubs I feel comfortable with and am looking to maximize certain things with it, I'm confident I could score/continue to score well with it.

Anyone else have some new thoughts?

Last edited:
Bumping this to see if anyone had furthered their thoughts about it. Or anyone new has given them a go. I know a lot of people are just starting to get going after the golf shutdown, and might be playing around with such things.

I've hit them quite a bit this year, and to play them, for me, takes some adjustments/sacrifices. All balls do, because I don't think any are perfect.

They are the longest of anything I've tested off the tee for me. Even ones that spin too low don't fall and run like an avx, so they seem to win out on distance. The ball flight is most noticeable to me here compared to other low spin balls. As a prov1 guy, they feel like a rock. Like, insanely hard. Like a warbird, with extra weight, or something. I joked with a friend it feels like hitting a little medicine ball with a driver.

For me off irons it really depends on the irons. They don't feel bad at all with the Forged Tecs, click like crazy with apex 19s, but don't feel that different, and are a really noticeable change with the Mavrik pros. I doubt it's honestly that different, and just kind of crosses a feel line for me, which I'm guessing is pretty fine. Do not like, though. Flight, distance, and spin don't seem that different than other low spin balls to me on course with irons and my numbers are all pretty similar. Depending on the clubs I could go avx or left dash and not really care which.

Greenside is kind of the same for me. If you can handle the sound I think it's pretty similar in overall performance to the avx. They both run out more, but I kind of prefer the feel of the left dash.

With the putter is where I notice the differences the most. My main putters are pretty dead/firm because that's what I like. I don't necessarily prefer a soft ball with them or anything, but the left dash definitely crosses that feel line for me. I feel like they're kind of lively within that combo too, and harder to control distance on, but it could be a perception bias because of the feel. So I don't like to play them on the green unless I use my stroke lab with the softer insert. Then they feel great.

So for me it would come down to the equipment I'm playing and if any spin/distance/ball flight benefits would be worth having to switch some of that up. All about the pairings, I guess. If I have different clubs I feel comfortable with and am looking to maximize certain things with it, I'm confident I could score/continue to score well with it.

Anyone else have some new thoughts?
I have played about 10-11 rounds with the Left Dash instead of my usual Pro V1x. I'm slightly disappointed, not with the ball itself but with my game. Because darned if I can tell any performance difference between regular and Left Dash versions. Same spin, trajectory and distances as I expect after hundreds of rounds with Pro V1x.

It makes a much louder sound off the driver and also a bit more click on wedges and putter than the regular Pro V1x. Kind of sounds like a Bridgestone B330 circa 2012 or so (that was a wicked-firm ball). I like the firmer sound and feel but after a few rounds I don't even notice it any more unless I pull out one of my regular Pro V1x's for a hole or two.

It is a very, very similar ball to the normal version for high handicap, low clubhead speed hacks like me. So I like it fine but it's just another Pro V1x to me, really.

I like the performance but prefer a softer ball, I flip flop between the AVX and left dash. Love the AVX in the wind.

Dozen coming inbound. Gotta give them a try.

So I have played 3 rounds with Left Dash ProV1X and I’m a believer. Really hit them well with all my clubs. Funny, you can hear a different sound from the driver when I hit it flush. Come off the T400 irons just fine. I was able to get the ball to hop and stop off of wedges. I actually found myself putting much better with this ball. I just felt like I had better control of the roll and speed. I’m buying more.

Last edited:
Finally played a round with the left dash prov1x.

It's exactly what it says on the tin. Higher launch like the prov1x, lower spin on the mid irons on down more like proV1. Not as low spin as gen 1 AVX around the greens. I was still able to check and back up balls, but most clubs were one hop and stop even on some firm and fast greens.

Probably the best comparison ball would be something along the lines of TP5x but a bit more spin. I think it launched higher than Tour B X and Zstar XV. If you want a little more peak height, a firm ball, and already generate enough spin with your mid and short irons, this is a ball to look at. I would say it is firmly aimed at the TP5x, XV, and Tour B X players. I could also see current proV1 players who want a bit more launch enjoying this ball.

After I go through this sleeve I'll decide if I want to load up on this ball. I've like proV1 and prov1x alot in the past. It's hard to argue against the success of this line. Probably the main thing I dislike is the price. XV is a lot of similar performance for a heck less cost.

Just an FYI - LostGolfBalls (Who I believe is owned by the same company that owns Titliest) has Left Dash ProV1X available as Mint for $29.99 a dozen.
The mint balls I have bought from LGB have been perfect and I'd guess they were rejects for paint or stamping.
Also available on eBay.
Picked up 3 dozen today - 10% code runs today.

Fila Korea?
Maybe I'm wrong - I thought remember reading on THP where Titliest or the parent company a used golf ball company.
Again I could be admittedly wrong.

October 2018:

Acushnet also announced a recent majority stake position that will in effect allow it to benefit on the sales of its popular Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls twice.

In October, it acquired an 80 percent interest in PG Professional Golf, one of the largest retailers of used golf balls through its website lostgolfballs.com. Said Maher, “The pre-owned golf ball market has been around for a long time. As Pro V1 makes up such a high percentage of this market, we believe it makes good sense for Acushnet to be a participant in this opportunity.”

Back