Left dash ProV1X - anyone try or gonna try em?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious if anyone has managed to try this left dash ball? I ordered a few boxes to try out...will chime in when I get them.

Cheers!
D

read an article about them today as a matter of fact...seems like a slim list that ask for them.

Very very interested in this offering.

I have been an AVX guy but the I don’t love the super soft feel and I feel like the irons go far, but I lose something with the driver.

Seems like this ball might be a perfect fit.

Let me know your thoughts as you test this out.

I'm sure I will, I tend to try everything. Hahahaha

Had a short discussion about these with two former members here and I’m thinking of seeing how these perform against my gamers (CSX). Currently trying to understand my spin tendencies so another top tier ball not named Bridgestone would be nice to gauge against what I see already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m intrigued by them, and I’m thinking of getting some to try out. Just haven’t pulled the trigger. It will be interesting to compare it to the Pro V1 I was fit for earlier this year, especially since they told me that the Pro V1x spun too much for me on my 7i

I am very interested in this ball. It may be the perfect ball for my needs. I just haven’t seen them anywhere.

I don't know if it is this left dash ball, but one of the guys in the pro shop informed me they would be getting new Titleist balls in early October for testing/feedback. You can't buy just a sleeve, you must buy an entire dozen at $40/dz.

I want to find these somewhere to try out. Very intriguing & may be perfect for my game. I saw some on Ebay for around $50 for 2 sleeves. Yeah NO! :rolleyes:

I believe I hit a ball of this nature while at their testing facility in mass. It didn’t seem like the ball for me haha. But I was also swinging like junk when they had me test it due to already swinging a ton that day.

I’ll still give it a good go though.

Just talked to my pro and he is getting me 2 dozen got free as he “owes me” for some help I gave him earlier this year.

He seems to think they will fit my game perfect as I play the AVX for the low spin, but could use some higher flight, esp in my long irons.

Apparently the ship 10/1. I’ll be back to post my thoughts once I get them.

I will absolutely try these. Time for me to start working through my 6 dozen other balls I have in the closet.

If the pro at my club will sell me just a sleeve I'll hit them for a couple rounds purely out of curiosity (and to come on here and talk about them). But there is virtually zero chance I'd like the Left Dash better than the normal Pro V1x which is darned near perfect for my game. I need all the height and all the spin I can get which normal Pro V1x provides. Now that they are available in yellow, I ought to just say "perfect" instead of "darned near".

But I'm a sucker for being the first kid on the block to try a new golf ball...

I must have missed it, haven't seen any info on them.

I must have missed it, haven't seen any info on them.

Basically high launch low spin ball as compared to high launch high spin of normal pro v1x

I have a dozen coming from my pro. The ball intrigues me, I like the higher launch of the 1X but sometimes move it a touch more than I’d like, the V1 launches a little lower than I’d like but seems to move the amount I’m looking for on approach.

I was able to test them out on Trackman, dropped a couple hundred rpm off of my driver. Felt like a ProV1x, want to get a chance to try them on the course before making a real judgement. Not sure how much I would like to knock much spin off of my wedges, so it may not be a great all around fit for me.

Hoping to get a box of these this week or next to try out.

Just talked to my pro and he is getting me 2 dozen got free as he “owes me” for some help I gave him earlier this year.

He seems to think they will fit my game perfect as I play the AVX for the low spin, but could use some higher flight, esp in my long irons.

Apparently the ship 10/1. I’ll be back to post my thoughts once I get them.

You know .... I can help you out testing those :unsure: (y)

The pro shop handed me a sleeve yesterday afternoon & we went to 10. I’ll say this, wherever it starts is where it’ll end up, it didn’t seem to want to move very much in either direction. It did feel a little firm off driver but like an X off everything else. It wasn’t crazy hard or anything but just a little different.
It seemed to stop as fast if not faster than the X which I thought was weird given that it’s a lower spinning ball, could’ve been a bit better of a strike but the swings didn’t feel that much off.

Hoping to get some soon!!!!

The pro shop handed me a sleeve yesterday afternoon & we went to 10. I’ll say this, wherever it starts is where it’ll end up, it didn’t seem to want to move very much in either direction. It did feel a little firm off driver but like an X off everything else. It wasn’t crazy hard or anything but just a little different.
It seemed to stop as fast if not faster than the X which I thought was weird given that it’s a lower spinning ball, could’ve been a bit better of a strike but the swings didn’t feel that much off.

I think I love everything about this!

Pro shop has mine. Will pick em up tomorrow and getting in two competitive rounds in the weekend for inter-club matches.

Just for curiosity sake, I'll probably try them. I will be surprised if there are any changes in my flight that I would notice.

Back