Let Me Tell You About My Friend

Craig Mac

Reaction score
A little over a year ago on another forum, a member joined and I quickly found we posted similar comments and shared a few interests, we exchanged PM's and talked about cigars. We even sent a few cigars back and forth during that time. I had planned a trip to Florida and sent him a message asking what part of FL he was in to try to arrange a little golf and Cigar time. Turns out he lived near where I was going to be so we set up a tee time. We exchanged email addys and phone numbers. Then a couple days later I get a phone call and it is him telling me about this crazy idea he has to start a golf website. At first I didn't really think much of it due to the fact that the internet is full of people with big ideas. But by the end of the day I quickly realized that he was serious about it, so I offered to be any help that I could.

At first look at the site, it was a long way off. So I whipped together a few graphics and hooked my new friend up with the guy who built my site and things were quickly under way. Another member at the other forum came in as well and we began brainstorming ideas, testing the site, and givng opinions on various things such as design, purpose, and a few other things.

We have had a lot of fun working together on this site and are constantly bouncing ideas off of each other. We also enjoy blowing each others mailboxes up with random items. When I was down in FL he was a great host, treating me to some top notch cigars, golf and lunch. Of course being the site had just went live we also talked shop in his office as well.

Well, fast forward to today. I come in to work and about an hour in to the day my boss comes in my office with a long skinny familiar box. I open it up to find a Nickent Evolver Driver!! I had mentioned to him a couple of times that I really wanted to try this driver out, and he kept telling me how great a driver it was.

When I called him to thank him, he told me "no problem, Happy Birthday". Even though it is a few days away he wanted to make sure I got it early. So I just want to say thanks again JB!! This is above and beyond for you to give me this gift and I'll be plotting my revenge when you least expect it.

Pics coming tonight...

Last edited:
Let me start off by saying that this message meant a lot to me. However for all the work that you have done with the graphics and being a mod, it is well deserved. I hope you enjoy it and I know you already love your DYMO, but I thought this would be fun to mess around with.

Happy BDay my friend

Wow, that's awesome!

So, when's your birthday anyhow, old man?

Neat story! Thanks for telling it, and Happy Birthday a wee bit early.

ok, this place is starting to give me diabetes. way to much love going on around here.....(hehe, just kidding guys) Happy B-Day CM!

Happy Birthday Craig. as if any of us need any more evidence that this Is the best website on earth JB what a nice gesture, you are the man my friend.

Happy pre-birthday Craig. Great present!

Wow...JB never seems to forget! lol

Happy Birthday and have fun with that gift! I was having fun just taking the 3W head off...LOL!

This is just another clear cut example of how great the people are who run and frequent this site. I have yet to find or hear of a site anything close to as great as this one!

Keep doing what you do everyone, you're all great...mods, owners, admins, and of course the members!

Some eye candy for ya.

evolver1.jpg

evolver2.jpg

evolver3.jpg

Close Up of the CYG Hosel
evolver4.jpg

and finally for the spec junkies...
evolver5.jpg

*drools*

I wish I had a driver to tinker with.

Congrats CM!

Awesome CM, glad you like it.

Happy early birthday CM! I am glad you liked the driver and more importantly I am so glad you helped make THP what it is today, this site would be lost without you.

A big thanks to all the mods, the super amazing fantastic Hacker, and everyone else who is a part of THP!!

I think this may be the friendliest forum ever. You guys are great. Happy birthday, Craig Mac!

That is AWESOME!!! Happy Birthday Craig!! You can't ask for much more than great family and friends, and from the looks of it my friend you are set.

Class act JB!!

Thanks everyone, I just ordered the torque wrench so I can play with my new toy!! It was a little less than $30 including shipping from the Nickent site. I certainly don't mind spendingf $30 on this driver, thanks again JB!!

Thanks everyone, I just ordered the torque wrench so I can play with my new toy!! It was a little less than $30 including shipping from the Nickent site. I certainly don't mind spendingf $30 on this driver, thanks again JB!!

Does it take a different wrench than the standard non-CYG Evolver?

Nope it is the same one.

Does it take a different wrench than the standard non-CYG Evolver?

It didn't come with a wrench so I went ahead and ordered one. I probably could have found something less expensive at the hardware store but I didn't want to risk possibly stripping it so I just ordered the wrench from Nickent. Small investment for piece of mind...

I wish the Nickent wrench was a true torque wrench like the R9 is. I'm always afraid I'm going to end up stripping the bolt out. Thankfully I don't have a lot of shafts or the CYG hosel to mess with.

Back