Let The Cooking Begin

WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Like past years, my very much better half will be spending the day baking stuff, and making other condiments for tomorrow's shin dig. This is a labor of love for her.

This will all be going on over at my daughter's home just down the street. I will be a bachelor of sorts today.

Our other Daughter will be creating food stuff at her own home in Vegas. Their "face time" apps will be used heavily.

The other Mom in Vegas will be making her own pastries for tomorrow. More face time stuff.

I suspect all the of today's holiday chefs will be discussing the benefits of wine while cooking.

Pies, cakes, salads, candies, chips, dips, assorted veggies, cheeses, various wild game cold cuts, stuffing, and any other food stuff they can conjure up will be made today. Even a pot of home made, award winning chili (really) will be available tomorrow.

Texas wild hog jerky???? That's a new one for me.

I think there are going to be jello shots, and some rum soaked pastries also made available. I will be trying those out.

The two birds, and the ham will be prepared today for an early cooking start tomorrow. These items, along with the other hot items to be served tomorrow. Yams, mashed potatoes, vegetables, stuffing, breads, and gravies.

I have it pretty easy. All I have to do is show up with an appetite, and a large bottle of rum tomorrow. My favorite brand, and proof of course.

My local Son in Law will start heating the pool up today for those who want to get wet. Mostly for the youngsters.

Sit down time is 3pm for the main meal. Strictly a family, and very close friends affair. Our newly graduate of Radiology Schools, along with a retired family M.D. will be conducting covid temperature, and visual testing for all those in attendence as they arrive.

A very good time will be had by all.

I hope all of THP's Members have a very special day tomorrow. It's been a very weird year. We all deserve a Happy Turkey Day.

Sounds like a wonderful meal will be prepared. (y)

Eat well and have a safe holiday! :cool:

Sounds like a good shindig!

Sounds fun! Not sure what we are doing. The norm is out the window. 5 people in my wife’s area at work have COVID. She had had one negative test but is waiting results on the second. Her work is..... well probably best to say government regulated, and they have told her she is not allowed to leave home without 2 negative tests. Her second was Monday morning and no results yet. She may be stuck here and we did not prepare to fix Thanksgiving here so we either celebrate late or not at all.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

With 2020 being an unconventional year, having unconventional holidays, I'm going unconventional and cooking my first brisket ever, will drop some off to my parents and the in laws when we make our rounds

My siblings and I are doing our own separate meals this year so I'm trying some things I wouldn't normally to see if they might be an option for meals where I need something that I know will turn out well.

I'm trying mashed turnips, I used some in a stew that seemed to work well as a potato substitute, but I have zero idea if it's going to be good or terrible so that should be fun. Outside of that just a turkey breast and probably green bean casserole so I have one side I know I like. Nothing fancy, just enough for me and to run a plate over to my mom this weekend.

Back