Let the Fun Begin: Acorn Tape!

kidzwitgunz

Reaction score
Handicap
So I sat on this all day, and when I saw not only no other news agency jumping on this and no other posts I started my own.

Whatever side of the aisle you are on, very interesting especially cause this is defrauding our gov't on purpose...........

Let the discussion begin!

Video:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtTnizEnC1U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtTnizEnC1U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Link to source:
Big Government | Andrew Breitbart | Launch | Online | Mediaite

Did think it was interesting in the 2nd to last paragraph that partisan web has negative effects on news but not much is said about Daily Kos, Politico et al. And before anyone bashes this as "un-news-worthy" how does James O'Keefe differ from Michael Moore?

This does not surprise me and doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that this radical leftist organization received billions of our tax dollars in Obama's Screwulus Package.
The American Spectator : ACORNs Stimulus

Ah.......ummm....I can't put my outrage into words. Maybe I'll post a whiskey fueled rant this weekend. :D

I'm trying to figure out where that women learned to do math.

$8,000 a month times 12 months is $96,000 not $9,600.

I won't even get started on the rest of that stuff.

I'm trying to figure out where that women learned to do math.

$8,000 a month times 12 months is $96,000 not $9,600.

I won't even get started on the rest of that stuff.

Bogey- they must've graduated from the Bernie Madoff School of Accounting

This video is generating a lot of response on a couple of other forums I'm on as well.

So what does this video really show?

It shows two employees of ACORN facilitating illegal activities.

This is not a video showing ACORN facilitating illegal activities.

It's no different than if perhaps two employees of Burger King (for example) were caught on tape selling dope to someone. Would that mean that Burger King sells dope? Or would it just mean that two people working for Burger King sell dope?

I don't see what the controversy is. The two in the video were fired and life goes on.

-JP

The problem is, that this isn't an isolated incident.

This sting (in 2 different cities, that was just one that you just saw) generated similar results.

That, along with ACORN's less than stellar track record for other illegal activities (registering dead folks to vote in Utah comes to mind).

They keep getting caught doing bad things, all over the country; again and again.

Oh yeah, and they're government supported (financially), which really pisses taxpayers off to see their money being used by these folks for their illegal and immoral activities.

Oh yeah, and they're government supported (financially), which really pisses taxpayers off to see their money being used by these folks for their illegal and immoral activities.

That's funny, I and several million other people said the same thing about the Bush administration.

Ironic, huh?

-JP

the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. :)

o'reilly did a segment on this last week...

Third video was just released

[YOUTUBE]mrpRGZq7Z-U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ue_2_dhh1zo[/YOUTUBE]

That's funny, I and several million other people said the same thing about the Bush administration.

Ironic, huh?

-JP

Agreed. The Bush administration was a disaster for the most part. However two wrongs do not make a right.

Agreed. The Bush administration was a disaster for the most part. However two wrongs do not make a right.

No they don't.

But I get the sense that people are going after ACORN as if it's some sort of "Aha!" issue because they think they can somehow tie it to Obama because they don't like him. Meanwhile, these same "Law and Order" folks are completely ignoring the 800 lb. gorilla of the Bush years complete with its rampant corruption and trillion dollar pricetags that we "the taxpayers" (including the ACORN finger-pointers), will be paying for for decades to come.

So even though corruption at ACORN is certainly nothing to stand for, on a one-to-ten scale of lawlessness, it hardly rates a decimal point when compared to the corruption and malfeasance of the Bush crowd.

So who's leading the legal charge against them?

-JP

Why is the Bush administration even being brought up? They are not in office. They are done. In my opinion it is the way of the "left" to justify any wrong doing the "left" is doing at this time.

Bush administration made some major mistakes. That is no way clears anybody of future wrong doing which is what is going on here. That is like comparing someone that commits murder now to a serial killer from the past. Sure they are not as bad, but it does not make it right does it?

Why is the Bush administration even being brought up? They are not in office. They are done. In my opinion it is the way of the "left" to justify any wrong doing the "left" is doing at this time.

Bush administration made some major mistakes. That is no way clears anybody of future wrong doing which is what is going on here. That is like comparing someone that commits murder now to a serial killer from the past. Sure they are not as bad, but it does not make it right does it?

No it doesn't.

But let's face it, ACORN is a political football; one of many "sideshows" being touted as front page news by the Right Wing Whacko's as some sort of guilt-by-association gambit to smear the Obama administration.

If ACORN is guilty of a crime or crimes, then by all means prosecute the offenders. But the whole ACORN dialogue started a year ago as an arrow in the quiver of the Republican party which was used in an attempt to malign Obama and that's exactly what's going on right now. I just find it laughable that a few people engaging it what passes for run-of-the-mill criminal behavior is somehow more important than the eight years of war crimes, corruption and violation of public trust perpetrated by Bush, Cheney, Rummy and the rest of the merry band.

Yes, "they are done" (thank God for that!), but their crimes are still there and to me those crimes are a helluva lot more important than a few people peddling prostitutes. If the allegations being leveled at ACORN are worthy of headlines, then the criminality of the Bush administration deserves it's own newspaper. Does the fact that they're no longer in office somehow absolve them of their crimes? Is there some sort of statute of limitations for being a degenerate warmongering profiteer?

If people would put half of the energy into investigating the Bush administration as they seem to be willing to put into investigating a few skells working for ACORN, they'd be doing something.

-JP

No it doesn't.

But let's face it, ACORN is a political football; one of many "sideshows" being touted as front page news by the Right Wing Whacko's as some sort of guilt-by-association gambit to smear the Obama administration.

-JP
Its no different from the left lumping the Pat Robertson types to the whole Republican party. Its politics, everything gets taken to the extreme.

Its no different from the left lumping the Pat Robertson types to the whole Republican party. Its politics, everything gets taken to the extreme.

Good point TGM.

Precisely!

In fact, things like ACORN are part of "Politics 101" and that's what makes me laugh about it because it's such a fundamental political gambit. But like most things political, "ACORN" issues are either used to obfuscate more important things or to create a sideshow for mud-slinging purposes.

What bothers me is why we allow this crap to happen year after year. But the politicians know one thing: "You can never overestimate the gullibility of the American public".

And that, is the real tragedy.

-JP

^^^^I think that is a step in the right direction JB!

And to JPsuff, forums I was on/still on during the Bush administration I would post the same stuff! IMO there will never be a "politician" or political body that will EVER represent me with out several major comprimises. (And for what it is worth I am in no way the only one who feels this.)

It still doesn't change the fact that there is NO WAY this is an "isolated" incident, but that is just my paranoid, "right-winger" mindset though right................? :banghead:

IMO I could care less how liberal/conservative one is on moral/civil issues etc, after literally being on the cutting end of world politics all I care about is defense of our nation. You ask me or service men/women (which of course no one has) we are lacking in that regard right now, but that is only my .02 take on things.

^^^^I think that is a step in the right direction JB!

And to JPsuff, forums I was on/still on during the Bush administration I would post the same stuff! IMO there will never be a "politician" or political body that will EVER represent me with out several major comprimises. (And for what it is worth I am in no way the only one who feels this.)

It still doesn't change the fact that there is NO WAY this is an "isolated" incident, but that is just my paranoid, "right-winger" mindset though right................? :banghead:

IMO I could care less how liberal/conservative one is on moral/civil issues etc, after literally being on the cutting end of world politics all I care about is defense of our nation. You ask me or service men/women (which of course no one has) we are lacking in that regard right now, but that is only my .02 take on things.

Good observations kidz. If I hear one more liberal talk about the Bush administration when trying to discuss the current crisis in this country I think I might vomit. Why not go after Clinton for lying under oath or setting up policies that pressured banks to issue loans to people who really couldn't afford them setting the foundation for the housing collapse. I also heard Carter jay walked once. Let's get 'em.:D
The fact is there was a lot wrong with the Bush administration but there was also a Democratic controlled Congress (since 2006). They have to approve spending bills and the President can veto(which Bush didn't do). Both sided had a part in this crisis and do not take responsibility(usually one side will just blame the other).
Finally, I also worry about our national security. I feel like this is the weakest president we have had in our lifetime as far as the defense of this nation and I also believe other countries know it.
Oh, and if the measures get passed by congress Acorn will finally get what they deserve, imo.:clap:

Back