Let's finish some Machine Putters

Xstiffshafts

Machinehead
Reaction score
Handicap
I've recently had the opportunity to purchase some new raw Stock from Dave at Machine/Dogleg Right as a dealer, finish them, and resell. The quality and designs of his work never ceases to amaze me. What does amaze me is how Cameron keeps a death grip on the market when there are guys like Billings, Byron, LaJosi, Slighter, Lamont, Low Tide, TPM, Black Lab, et all everywhere you look if you want to find them.

Anyway, here are the 5 heads I'm about to start on. These need to have some hand rounding/finishing done and then a finish applied. I'm kind of cheating bc I've already finished one... but I'll post along the way for the other 4. I think I'll end up finishing the fatback weldy M2A Converter in a matte black moly resin. Others will be torched and oil quenched or blued.

Here's a group shot of the heads in the queue.

9a3xdIh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's an example of some of the rounding that has to take place in the bumpers

Top not worked on yet, bottom just about done
oUfWP5p.jpg

Up closer:
tRyEgGI.jpg

Squared off close up:
t9Ft7JN.jpg

And here's an M10 that I got done last night. Went with Melon cut plumber neck, and a torched/oil quenched finish:

WZC5qJY.jpg

irQ5oWz.jpg

HYEPDCQ.jpg

XKnxy8E.jpg

VzWgJmH.jpg

7HuaHcg.jpg

3BYLDQl.jpg

8g4z0SC.jpg

QEGM3qN.jpg

9pdpBVS.jpg

I swear I am not drooling...

I absolutely love that blue oil can finish.

Wow those look awesome! can't wait to see the rest once you are finished! Love the oil torch look!

I absolutely love that blue oil can finish.

It's not for everybody, but it's absolutely my favorite finish on carbon steel, even if it is a little more high maintenance than pvd or a plated finish.

Thanks fellas. I'll be in the garage tonight and should have another 1-2 done and posted before I knock off for the night.

I friggin love that torched/oil quenched finish! Fantastic.

Great work, looks amazing. How does one come on 4 blanks and what do they run?

Also are you welding the necks on? Couldn't tell from the first pic.

That finish though,love that look

Sent from my SM-G900W8

You owe me a keyboard m'k? That finish is badd a$$$$$$$$$$!

Can't wait to see the rest of them.

Let's finish some Machine Putters

Not sure how pleased I am w this one yet. Hard to tell till all the steps are complete - and there's still a couple to go to achieve that dark chocolate/burnt toast color. Just cooled down enough to touch at this point. 303SS M2A Converter welded.

86zIE9b.jpg

ZYxeTLS.jpg

qt56eIh.jpg

Also finished one of the M1A Adjusters tonight will post pics in a bit.

Great work, looks amazing. How does one come on 4 blanks and what do they run?

Also are you welding the necks on? Couldn't tell from the first pic.

I can put a tig bead down, but the beads on the M2 Converter were laid by someone else. Came upon through relationship with Dave Billings, owner of DLR/Machine...

Those look great. It never even occurred to me to try a project like that. Thanks for the idea!!

I can put a tig bead down, but the beads on the M2 Converter were laid by someone else. Came upon through relationship with Dave Billings, owner of DLR/Machine...

Very jealous, would love to play around with one.

M1A Adjuster:

54itjuV.jpg

rMA0V05.jpg

LocBegM.jpg

V4HUIbS.jpg

CuRmn7s.jpg

egy4YZ4.jpg

There's something about the naked at address look combined with the 1 level flange that makes me feel tingly in my putter-pants ?

I think Xstiffshafts' drool-generated-per-post average is absurdly high.

Sick...I'm jealous :D

Great looking putters!

M1A Fixer, naked at address, naked sole, torched bronze finish:m, barely caught a few photos of it on its way out the door.

(this and the M2A weldy are 303SS, all others so far are 1018 Carbon)

bAGx3UI.jpg

ivMhuA4.jpg

UBuNjy2.jpg

YuW1JZI.jpg

Zy6MqX4.jpg

gkyx4JJ.jpg

I decided to Paintfill the stamping in the cavity of this one as well. Was hard to see the stamps before.

HBtavKu.jpg

This m was one of the more frustrating projects to this point, but turned out to be worth it.

Machine M10-Adjuster:

XC3Tf7m.jpg

4zbxo1f.jpg

gvnu6zk.jpg

WfKUjc7.jpg

Aq6Mv1E.jpg

Aq6Mv1E.jpg

That looks really nice!

Love the M10. That turned out great.
They all look fantastic. Nicely done.

Those are all beautiful. You have amazing talent with those finishes... Just wow...

M1A Fixer, naked at address, naked sole, torched bronze finish:m, barely caught a few photos of it on its way out the door.

(this and the M2A weldy are 303SS, all others so far are 1018 Carbon)

bAGx3UI.jpg

ivMhuA4.jpg

UBuNjy2.jpg

YuW1JZI.jpg

Zy6MqX4.jpg

gkyx4JJ.jpg

I decided to Paintfill the stamping in the cavity of this one as well. Was hard to see the stamps before.

HBtavKu.jpg

I love this one.

Back