Lets talk putter grips, what do you use?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you change your grip or just go with stock? If you change what do you change to and why? Do you prefer a thin or thick grip?

I'm a stock grip kind of guy for the most part but have though about exploring other options in search of that feel. Most stock grips I tend to get along with for the most part but I was not a fan of the Toulon Stroke Lab grip I tried briefly last year.

I had been using a SS Slim since 2013, until last season when I switched to a Lamkin SinkFit Skinny Pistol. I feel in love for that thing with the texture that is on it and I felt like it helped me get some feel back in my putting stroke.

I was a lamkin deep etched cord guy for a few years. This year I am using a super stroke claw grip. I do not putt with a claw but I kinda like how it is a pistol style grip under my left hand and very flat and square under my right.

SuperStroke Mid Slim 3.0

I tried it on a buddy's putter a few years ago and fell in love with the feel. Have used one ever since.

SS 3.0 - good to go with my big bear paws for hands.(y)

My top 3.

1) Lamkin Deep Etch CORD. Must be corded.

2) Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour and Contour Pro

3) Iomic Mid

Previously I had been using a SuperStroke Slim 3.0. I like thicker grips because of the stability I feel it gives me through my stoke. Currently using the stock oversize Odyssey Stroke Lab grip. It is thinner than what I'm used to but I am getting along pretty well with it so far. I don't think I could go back to anything thinner than that anymore though.

Right now I am all in on the Lamkin Deep Etch, either corded or non. Since that is the stock grip or an option on some putters now, it has the chance to stay stock but most likely for the majority of putters would need to be changed out. It's such a simple and easy change that can make a massive difference, it makes absolutely zero sense to me why someone would ever stay stock unless that was truly the best option for them.

140cc SNSR Contour Pro
Lamkin Frontline grip on the Elevado

Last edited:
Right now I am all in on the Lamkin Deep Etch, either corded or non. Since that is the stock grip or an option on some putters now, it has the chance to stay stock but most likely for the majority of putters would need to be changed out. It's such a simple and easy change that can make a massive difference, it makes absolutely zero sense to me why someone would ever stay stock unless that was truly the best option for them.

I like that grip, I wish it was offered in more colors than black.

My top 3.

3) Iomic Mid

Totally agree on the Lamkin. I may be going back to it shortly. I have something very very cool on the way and a Lamkin deep etched cord is the only grip that seem appropriate.

My top 3.

3) Iomic Mid

I never liked the feel of the SNSR grips for some reason. I tried the original red one a few years back and hated it. The pro only grips are interesting to me with the different shapes though.

I like a pistol grip so I stuck with the stock pistolini on my Scotty Cameron. It feels great and I seem to putt the best with it. I tried a Super Stroke for a season back when they were all the rage but never liked it.

I never liked the feel of the SNSR grips for some reason. I tried the original red one a few years back and hated it. The pro only grips are interesting to me with the different shapes though.
You watch your mouth Jeremy. :LOL:

Watch out, James is known to slap people over GP grips

I like that grip, I wish it was offered in more colors than black.
Deep etch in general you can get in different colors, but corded is very limited. I did notice that Odyssey/Toulon have their deep etch's for sale now on the site.

I am using a TourMARK Indige Golf Jumbo grip

E9F627EB-9863-4066-AEC3-D1EF6AB5B856.jpeg

Flat Cat has been most comfortable for me. Has really helped my putting.

Last edited:
I've not gotten around to putting any special grips on my putters yet, whatever grip comes with the putters for right now.

I was playing a SS Flatso 1.0 on my Betti. Just got a Scotty Del Mar and am using the Scotty grip for now.

SS Midslim 2.0

I just use the stock grip

I used to be a SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour on all my putters, but recently switched to the Lamkin Deep Etch. The feel and size is perfect. I’ve installed them on all my putters that are in the rotation

pondering a few including SS pistol GT 2.0, SS tour 2.0, scotty cameron matador, or tour snsr contour.

Has a SS slim 3.0 for a long time, and a smaller leather pistol currently. Kinda want something to split the difference.

Been using the stock pistol grip on both my putters. Really like the texture and size on both. Considered trying a new grip for both just to add a different color and some personalization to it, but with how well I putted with both last year, I don't want to change a thing!

Back