Lets talk putter grips, what do you use?

I am pretty partial to standard size pistol grip. I will blow on a GP Tour SNSR Contour from time to time, just as I did about 4 hours ago, but usually end up changing it back after a couple of days.

Do you change your grip or just go with stock? If you change what do you change to and why? Do you prefer a thin or thick grip?

I'm a stock grip kind of guy for the most part but have though about exploring other options in search of that feel. Most stock grips I tend to get along with for the most part but I was not a fan of the Toulon Stroke Lab grip I tried briefly last year.
Agree 100%! hated the toulon grips this past year. I thought they were very slippery and too round overall.... 4 putters and have 4 different grips. Gripmaster FL27, Gravity Grip on the EVNROLL, Forward Grip midsize, and P2 React Tour... All 4 I would say are roughly a midsize grip

I love the Forward and P2 grips. They both insert the shaft in the back of the grip and cause the grip to sit higher in your hands and supposedly limiting hand rotation. For me I think its helped tremendously and last year was the best year putting ive had. Im not crazy about the Gravity Grip but I played very well with it so im not gonna change it...yet

I switch the stock grip out to a SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 (countercore if available).

I'm typically a SS guy, but I've got the Odyssey Stock Stroke Lab oversize on my SL now and love it.

I use the stock Ping putter grip on my Anser 2, but recently switched over to the Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S Putter and have a Super Stroke on it, love both of them.

I'm still trying to replace my Lamkin iLine and it hasn't been going great.

SS Pistol GT Tour is solid but I hate a grip that can wear down easily.

This is crazy to me.. Is the grip wearing down due to putting it in and out of the bag or from use? My putter grips seem to last forever.

Used to use the SS GT 2.0 but switched over to a thinner grip and really like the feel. Going to test out the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro that I won last year.

This is crazy to me.. Is the grip wearing down due to putting it in and out of the bag or from use? My putter grips seem to last forever.
It's not my experience, but most conversations around super stroke durability are not particularly positive.

It's not my experience, but most conversations around super stroke durability are not particularly positive.
As much as I detest the plastic tubes for bags I use one for my putter if it has a super stroke grip as my first one got destroyed by in-bag wear. Once I started using the annoying tube they seem to last a long time.

On my Squareback, I built up the bottom hand for a Scotty Matador (not easy getting that thing over 5 graduated bottom wraps due to the internal sleeve!)

Because of the internal sleeve, the effect is muted but I can distinguish it being a bit thicker down there.

My Directed Force has a fairly thick/stock Presse grip. I'd guess about as thick as a SS Mid-Slim 2.0.

Another Directed Force putter has the stock oval Presse grip.

2 other putters, the SS Mid Slim 2.0.

I guess that I'm not too picky when it comes to putter grips.

I switched to the Flat Cat a couple years back and it has been the best for me. Just sits perfect in my hands and helps me make a smooth stroke.

Always liked the SS 3.0, and when I bought my Odyssey SL Black Ten I figured I'd be changing the grip to a SS. But I like the stock Odyssey SL oversize grip well enough that I'm sticking with it.

Right now I am all in on the Lamkin Deep Etch, either corded or non. Since that is the stock grip or an option on some putters now, it has the chance to stay stock but most likely for the majority of putters would need to be changed out. It's such a simple and easy change that can make a massive difference, it makes absolutely zero sense to me why someone would ever stay stock unless that was truly the best option for them.

deep etch squad
EBF4EB0B-BBE0-4065-9898-E43C9453247D.jpeg

Deep etch in general you can get in different colors, but corded is very limited. I did notice that Odyssey/Toulon have their deep etch's for sale now on the site.
Best corded Deep Etch ever....

FEDC9B6F-3429-4B95-BB3E-BBE80C8A0AF4.jpeg

Just put a Tour SNSR on. I struggled at first with these but have really come around.

Really like the Super Stroke Pistol 1.0

Just put a Tour SNSR on. I struggled at first with these but have really come around.
I still have not tried one of these on one of my putters but a playing partner put one on his and felt great. Unfortunately he should never install a grip like this on his own as it was not perpendicular to the face.. The face was wide open

Flat Cat TAC Standard for me...

My favorite grip is a Scotty Cameron pistolero CT version. Someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to give more insight but it feels wayyyy more soft than their standard pistolero. Would gladly take one of your hands if anyone wants to sell me another haha I have one but it’s not for my gamer.

Currently I love the Scotty Cameron Baby t grip if it’s a Scotty putter. Also have bought the square sense grip and the new Lamkin pistol sinkfit. Extremely intrigued by the Lamkin grip but just need a putter to put it on.

Ive tried thicker grips but I lose feel for some reason so I gravitate to pistol and thin grips.

I am using a SuperStroke Pistol GTR 1.0. I tried two different brands on my Spider X but I reverted back to the stock grip. When I first tried the Spider X I rolled it very well with the SuperStroke grip. Once it stops raining I will give it another try.

And by easily you mean it wears just by looking at it.

Back