Leupold Customer Service!!

mightyquinn

Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 oob
I have a Leupold GX-3i rangefinder that I have been using for a little over a year and about a month ago I was playing golf and it quit working on the 3rd or 4th hole, I would shoot the flag and it wouldn't read any distance beyond 15-30 yds. I tried replacing the battery to no avail. The next day I called Leupold and talked to a guy who said that if I had already replaced the battery that I would have to send it in to them and have them look at it. Well I sent it in the next day and about 2 1/2 weeks later I get a UPS update that I have a package coming from Leupold & Stevens, needless to say I was excited to be getting it back as I have had to rely on the GPS on my OOB app to gauge my distances and it always seem to be off just a little more than I am with the rangefinder, it was like I was missing a club out of my bag almost. I finally got it today, it was suppose to be delivered on Wednesday but due to the snow and cold weather it was delayed until today. They ended up sending me a brand NEW 2014 GX-3i[SUP]2[/SUP]. It is so nice to have it back and I will be putting in to use tomorrow! I personally can't tell any difference between the two as of right now as they look very similar except for the updated logo on it but I should be able to see how it performs tomorrow out on the course. Mine had a 2 year warranty so it was still covered by that but I just didn't expect to get a new one as I was expecting a rebuilt older model which I would have been happy with.

Very cool!

As someone who just bought their first Leupold product great to hear they have good customer service.

Always good to hear about great CS. Leupold is a great company, I've dealt with them a few times with rifle scopes.

I have a Leupold GX-3i rangefinder that I have been using for a little over a year and about a month ago I was playing golf and it quit working on the 3rd or 4th hole, I would shoot the flag and it wouldn't read any distance beyond 15-30 yds. I tried replacing the battery to no avail. The next day I called Leupold and talked to a guy who said that if I had already replaced the battery that I would have to send it in to them and have them look at it. Well I sent it in the next day and about 2 1/2 weeks later I get a UPS update that I have a package coming from Leupold & Stevens, needless to say I was excited to be getting it back as I have had to rely on the GPS on my OOB app to gauge my distances and it always seem to be off just a little more than I am with the rangefinder, it was like I was missing a club out of my bag almost. I finally got it today, it was suppose to be delivered on Wednesday but due to the snow and cold weather it was delayed until today. They ended up sending me a brand NEW 2014 GX-3i[SUP]2[/SUP]. It is so nice to have it back and I will be putting in to use tomorrow! I personally can't tell any difference between the two as of right now as they look very similar except for the updated logo on it but I should be able to see how it performs tomorrow out on the course. Mine had a 2 year warranty so it was still covered by that but I just didn't expect to get a new one as I was expecting a rebuilt older model which I would have been happy with.

Awesome to hear, I have an older GX-1 that I love, and I totally understand what you're saying about missing it when it's gone; had a battery die mid round and was tough to get by without it.

You looked like a kid lost in Wal-Mart on the course without your Leupold......:D

Glad you'll have it back tomorrow for another run on breaking 80.

Awesome to hear, I have an older GX-1 that I love, and I totally understand what you're saying about missing it when it's gone; had a battery die mid round and was tough to get by without it.

I never leave home without an extra battery in my bag just for that reason!!!

You looked like a kid lost in Wal-Mart on the course without your Leupold......:D

Glad you'll have it back tomorrow for another run on breaking 80.

Funny you said that about breaking 80, I feel like my game has suffered since not having it in my bag, I guess we will see tomorrow.

Funny you said that about breaking 80, I feel like my game has suffered since not having it in my bag, I guess we will see tomorrow.

I think we only played together twice while it was gone, but I'd agree with that. You seem to have more confidence when you know exactly what the yardage is.

Always great to hear when companies provide great customer service. It is so easy for a company to do the right thing easy, and either retain, or strengthen a customer...but some companies look only at the immediate cost, and do the wrong thing. Good job to Leupold.

Back