Tis a regular occurrence to have the tees on an unlevel part of the tee box even though there are level areas on the same box. But the need to change up the tees makes sense instead of having the same ones all the time so it's something we deal with at the home club

It all depends on the course and how much money they have to spend on maintenance. I belonged to a course that had a small amount of money and not that many members. The tee boxes we poorly kept. I finally asked I could take care of them each week. We had a lot of people volunteer to do some work on the course to lower cost. The course I am at now is pretty well to do course and even though it is the tee boxes go begging in the winter time as they have a small group on the crew that works on the course.

I agree this is one of my 2 biggest pet peeves with golf courses and the way they set them up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Now I need to know what the other one is!

I concur. I will also add why the heck do the put tee box markers on an angle to the fairway instead of straight at it? It’s really annoying

I have to admit to moving tee markers sometimes, when this has happened. :)

In general, my home club is actually fairly good in terms of this - there is only really 1 hole that I can think of where it stands out, but they have been doing work over the winter, and during the current situation they have been able to do a lot more work with not having golfers on the course

Don't even start me on this, is a real pet peeve. The tee box should be the one place on the course that you are guaranteed a level stance, and there are so many around me that are like trying to tee off on the back of a wok - drives me crazy.

I deal with it, but some courses the Tee boxes feel like hitting from a bad lie.

I find most courses I have have relatively flat tee boxes there will be a few times I tee up in a "valley" often resulting in topped shots.

I don't like tees that are sloped uphill or downhill. I do like that many tee boxes are level in the middle but slope slightly at the edges as that helps with shaping tee shots (I'm talking about tee boxes that were designed that way on purpose so they won't hold water). I have been on plenty of crappy tee boxes where you can't find a level lie anywhere; those aren't fun.

Having flat and level tee boxes that are well manicured are such an underrated factor in a courses quality rating.

I don't mind tee boxes that are sloped for drainage, what I hate is the rollercoaster tee boxes where you can't find 3 feet of flat turf. Usually the white/blue/black tees are pretty good but the forward tees where my wife plays from are almost always humpy and bumpy. It doesn't matter where we travel to(other than high end courses) she is always having to deal with crappy tee boxes.

I guess I've never viewed level tee boxes as a requirement. I'd expect good grass, and for the markers to be rotated regularly. On par 3s I appreciate when they offer sand as well.

I kind of wish they'd use more sloped tee boxes on tour just to see them work a touch harder.

Yep. I hate it also. Definitely a challenge at my course. I like to play the ball right to left so would prefer to tee off from the left side of tee boxes. That is not possible on most of the tee boxes at my home course because that is generally where the tee boxes are most unlevel.

I guess my mind was somewhere else when I replied to this thread. I don't have a problem with tee boxes not being level. My problem is we have geese at out course and it is hard to find a spot to tee the ball up and not be standing in goose poop.

If it costs people an additional $50 per round would they pay it if it meanta level tee box

I prefer them but it’s not the end of the world

True, it’s not the end of the world. My only issue is when the tee markers are set on an uneven tee and the ball is significantly above or below your feet.

Back