Life changing. Am I kissing the game goodbye?

Congratulations on your first! The first year golf was definitely cut down to were I played maybe 2-3 times a month early in the season and maybe a little more toward the end of summer. We started figuring out a balance and I could get out more. To be honest though I don't remember missing it much, you have something pretty awesome to distract you :).

Definitely life changing. Golf or any other hobbies comes after your children’s demands and needs. My kids are now 15 & 19. I still don’t play more than once a month. Summer time I rarely play because family vacations.
Prior having kids I used to play 36 holes Saturday and Sunday. Goto range twice a week. Sometimes play quick 9 during the week. It’s a change but I wouldn’t say it’s better. Just different.
We’ll see when my kids decide going vacations with Dad is boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amateur golf will, and should never be more important than family. Family is everything.

I took up golf seriously a few years after our daughters were born. Golf didn't even register for me during their births, and their first few years youngster hood.

I had to put my golf a side when our youngsters became involved in youth sports. Junior high, and most of highschool. Fast Pitch Softball, Basketball, and
Cheerleading. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I still got in a couple rounds per month, but there was zero practice time. My game suffered a little, but that was no big deal.

As they grew up, finished up highschool, and took off to college, I picked my game out of the rusty scrap heap it was in, and achieved my best golf.

That lasted for several years. Then the Grand Kids started showing. More youth sports. Football, Baseball, Fast Pitch, Basketball, and more Cheerleading. Six Grandkids worth.

My game took a slight hit during the "G-Kid Era" as we like to call it.

I only offer this post as a brief history of how family events can effect one's golf game. Kind of a "been there, done that" scenario.

You can play.
But you cant have too many time consuming hobbies. You got to have free time.
Id play a good bit when theyre babies. But Id really work on my short game in the yard at home, and grab some plastics for full swings in the yard.
Then Id take them on the course with me for solo rounds, or Id even be the first one of the tee on sunday mornings, and be back to make w everyone breakfast.
Now once they get into sports and activities youre screwed.
But you cant be at home 24/7, but you also can ruin the whole day with a 4 hour round at noon everyday Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I wanted to give you an update. Yes.. I’m still here, alive and well! My beautiful baby girl was born last weekend and I wanted to thank all of you out there for your amazing feedback in this thread. I have used so much of the advice in here already, and it is so valuable to me. It always amazes me how open and willing you guys and gals are and I truly feel that you are caring and supportive. Keep being you! Have a great day, THP Fam. Raina says hi!

F708A674-ADED-41FA-AA72-BF37E0C94763.jpeg

Back