Likely New Bag Set-up

kidzwitgunz

Reaction score
Handicap
So this is what I am leaning towards right now, keep in mind this is a TOTAL overhaul! As discussed in other threads I switch out drivers/woods/hybrids, wedges fairly religisouly but this is the first complete, all-in-one driver to putter change since early 2001.

Driver - Nike Dymo Str8-fit, stock UST AXIV shaft, Stiff-flex, either 8.5 or 9.5

Hybrid - Nickent 5dx 13*, longer shaft, Stiff-flex UST Irod shaft

Irons - Nike Victory Red Split Cavity, 6.0 Rifle Project-X, #2-PW, 1" longer than standard, and 2* upright except for #8-PW still 1" long but either less than 1* upright to 1* flat, jury's not in yet totally, needs some experimenting

Wedges - Nickent Arc Gunmetal, Rifle Spinner 4.5, 1" long and either standard lie or maybe even 1-1.5* flat, 56, 60

Putter - Well I narrowed down to three possibles, Bettinardi Black Blade 1/2 hosel, Ping Redwood Black Blade, or Scotty 62 #1 dust finished standard loft and lie but 35 and 5/8 of an inch long, EXACTLY!

All save for putter will have Winn PCI Black's, and the putter will have Winn Pistol Soft's
COST - $60 :banana: *(see PS)

What yall think, want to add, debate, discuss etc? And before you ask, yes no 3 wood etc, really don't like them and I PROMISE you I can hit everything above far enough, haven't met a 5-par I couldn't reach in 2 yet, although doesn't mean I AWAYS try! Plus if they still made new 1-irons I would get one. Any yardage gained in distance from a f-wood would be lost in roll/accuracy/mis-hits and overswing etc.

*PS- Oh and I forgot to add in the Sabre Defense AR build I'm trading all this for! :clapp:

Lots of good stuff in there. Have you tried those putters that you listed though or are you going by looks? Because all three of those feel VERY different.

That's gonna be a nice bag!

You gonna put up pics of the AR?

Lots of good stuff in there. Have you tried those putters that you listed though or are you going by looks? Because all three of those feel VERY different.

Yea, I am currently demo-ing the Ping one, and to be honest I haven't quite decided on the putter, migh tjust stay with the scotty. Sadly, its gettign hard to find that blade minimal offset hosel look, not many do that older school stuff much anymore......if only the Rossa Lambeau was around for me to demo cuz I really liked the insert but only mallets in the store right now and I don't like those!

Far as the AR goes after work I'll put some pics up, its realy nothing fancy though current market is such that even the basic ones, if of a higher quality go for $1200 plus! Which is also why I blew as much money as I could get my hands on/save/loaned to me waaay back in August-October of last year got boxes full of uppers/lowers etc and I can maybe turn some profits!

On another note after thinking about it I might actually go for a 13* and 19* fairway wood and no hybrids just have always had a hard time with fairway woods, yet I can hit a 1 and 2 out fo most lies with no problems....weird huh?

Current market is the reason I don't have an AR right now. I just want a carbine for plinking.

My buddy's got his set up for varminting (flat top upper, 22" bull barrel, Bushnell optics, A2 stock) and he's building up a DPMS AR-10, but can't get parts, they're still on back order. So far he's got a lower, a stripped upper and a stock. He's ready to pull his hair out.

I'm going to start a varminter soon, likely a Tikka in .204

Back