lining up driver with right arm first

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I noticed while watching the ladies tonight, that many of them line up their driver with their right arm/hand, then they get square and then drop the left hand/arm in. I do it the other way around. Who is right?

Neither is “right.” It’s whatever routine gets YOU in the best grip, aim, stance and posture for YOU to consistently hit quality golf shots.

I use my left arm/hand to line up the club head, but I don't think there is a right, or wrong way to do it. If the ball flight is good, then the arm/hand used is good.

Ball flight is everything in golf. It tells you everything you need to know about your swing.

I was taught the left handed way. With my driver, the ball position is off my left big toe/heel line. I square the club face up to the ball along my intended target line. Then I place my right on the club, without moving my left hand, or turning the club face. Then I get into my set up. This moves the club had a few inches behind the ball. The club face will look a little open to my target line. This is where I start my one piece back swing from.

Back