ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat: Chris Voshall with Mizuno Golf

This one can be as deep in tech or as shallow as anybody wants. That is the beauty of these, you control the conversation, but we want THPers to know, there are NO bad questions.

I think this is going to be a really fun chat. I think you guys will enjoy how personable Chris is.
Chris is a blast... And we've got him on THP TV a bunch if anyone wants to get a bit of a warmup going!

Placeholder question.

What is your favorite iron ever, that you were part of the design team on?

How difficult has the woods market been for Mizuno in terms of trying to catch the top? What are the next steps to make sure that Mizuno is competing, and more importantly, available to test at stores. Every store I’ve ever been in has mizuno irons, but rarely if ever have anything to do with the woods.

It's LIVE CHAT DAY!

Question, if possible (I should be able to join Live but just in case)

The brand has seemed stepped up big time its accessibility over the last year plus, while still retaining its brand image; how has that translated in sales? Is that more evident in woods than in other product types?

2nd Q - this one a little bit more difficult. Is the fairway wood market more difficult to break into than the driver market? Would that explain how there are more SKUs for drivers than fairways?

My question : the Mizuno ball over the past several years has not seemed to target the US market, are there plans to change this? I've heard really positive things about the ball so what can he tell us about it?

Cant wait for this

Favorite staffer to work with?

Of all of the iron designs you've worked on, which one surprised you the most in terms of performance or "buzz"?

Hey Chris! Lets talk putters, what makes these putters different than Mizuno putters of the past? I personally am a huge fan of the blue 2. Do you expect more shapes in the future?

Chris,

Ive drooled over Mizunos blades and micro cavities since i was in high school on our golf team. Ive never pulled the trigger for whatever reason. Ive played Cleveland TA3s, Titleist AP2s, Wilson FG Tour V6s, Cobra Pro Combos........

This MP 20 lineup has me drooling pretty hard again. But, im all over the map as to which ones aesthetically id like most. MBs, MMC, HMB....theyre all beauties! Ill lok for any advice from you in narrowing that down and also......Why has Mizuno never produced an iron with a dark finish like other brands?? I see the new coppers, but im not sure id qualify that as a different finish?

THANKS!!!!!

Chris - something I've often wondered about is the inability to customize a direct order from Mizuno USA through its website. Is this something that may be in the plans for the future?

And building off that, given what is going on with the current stay-at-home orders, is there a way to (for a lack of better term) capitalize on this despite the inability to get properly fit? Perhaps a nominal fee (and hold on CC) to rent a Shaft Optimizer to allow golfers to get the best information they can and have clubs ready to go by the start of the golf season? How is Mizuno looking to position itself and stand out in the current environment?

How has the inclusion of boron into JPX Forged heads from the last few releases been received? Do you feel this decreases the feel in that particular model compared to the older JPX Forged(Pro) models prior to the boron inclusion?

And away we go.
Chris is here and will be starting to kick off questions now.

Thanks for joining us Chris, greatly appreciated! I have a couple of questions:

1. Usually the innovation in a club is very visible, but Mizuno is such a beautiful club that sometimes the innovative technology isn’t as in your face as some competitors. How is Mizuno looking to combat the idea that they are not innovative compared to others?

2. For those who are passionate about golf, they know Mizuno and the quality they provide. How do you reach out to those who aren’t as passionate and maybe more of just the weekend golfer?

3. Favorite non-kale green?

What is one iron design that you wish maybe had been held back or tweaked some more? Not talking just performance but could also be aesthetic, story, timing, whatever.

I'm going to be on here for the next two hours, and want to let you guys know that I am an open book. Throw it all at me and I'll get to as many as I can.
As you can imagine, this is a weird time in the golf industry, but I really appreciate what Josh and the THP community has done to keep things rolling, fun, and interesting.
Let's go!

Back