ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat: Ethan Ganot with Callaway Golf

Very cool - Thanks for your time!

@EthanatorCG

How does Callaway Marketing view the balance between explaining too little or too much of the technology behind your product?

Have you tried Almanac Beer Co. Bunny Hill IPA......its like drinking a hoppy cloud or as their marketing, a "liquid snowflake". My current fav.

Almanac is fantastic! When we go see my brother in SF we visit one of the tasting rooms. Love the sours, have not had Bunny Hill but will put it on my wishlist!

Tech vs non-tech is always a heated discussion topic -- it comes down to knowing the audience and using the right forum for a given message. So, our tv ads and print ads aren't super techie, but when we do something with THP or for really really avid equipment people (like the Fitting Room Podcast) then we get more techie. To us, first and foremost is help people understand the benefit (ball go far) and then explain to them how we did that (for example, A.I.) If they want to know more than that, we've got materials for them to really get into the weeds but at the highest level we just want them to understand that something exists, that is does xyz function, and that they should go try it

Thanks @EthanatorCG for taking the time today to answer all these questions, really appreciate it!

Fun read, thx Ethan!

now i gotta catch up since i was actually playing today

Thanks for spending time with us THPers today @EthanatorCG!

Yeah this was great. Thanks Ethan! Enjoy a cold one tonight!

Thanks Ethan!!! 34665F73-D0B1-456D-B31E-70805D775C57.jpeg

Is there any plan for when/if a highly marketable tour pro prefers older/previous gen equipment and doesn't put the new stuff in the bag? Has that ever been an issue or do they easily adopt the new equipment?

They're all case-by-case situations. Stenson is a guy that doesn't like switching all that much but he's willing to do any sort of marketing task we give him - so there's a bit of give-and-take. Most guys and ladies switch into new stuff pretty easily though, so those situations are in the minority. Very rarely do we need to have difficult conversations along those lines.

Thanks for taking the time today Ethan

@EthanatorCG, I see you're still using the EF 5w. Is that just because you just haven't switched to the Mavrik, or does the EF work that much better for you? The Mav 5w is amazing....I know I don't have to tell you.

I am sure the MAVRIK 5w is amazing and I'll try it once we're back up and running and I am sure I will game it. What makes the Flash 5w so special for me is that with almost all longer clubs (5i and longer) I typically have trouble elevating the ball and making sure it doesn't go left (Slice -- I am lefty.) The Flash 5w, for whatever reasons, elevates incredibly easily, does NOT go left (even in the standard lie setting, not even in the D setting), and somehow has a sweet spot across the entire face. It sounds crazy but it might be the most consistent club in my bag.

Ethan.

How many times have you had to confirm that the Super Hybrid is not built to illegal standards based on output?

related: Can you confirm that the Super Hybrid is conforming?
follow up to whatever you say: I don't believe you. :sneaky:

Omg I think the Super Hybrid was custom built for you. High head speed, steep swing = 100emoji 100emoji 100emoji. You must hit that thing farther than I hit my driver plus my 8 iron.
It's definitely super. And what a great name, right?! Fun product to talk about -- that was one with a very clear positioning -- the hybrid that will make your fairway woods nervous.

Ps - It's conforming.

Omg I think the Super Hybrid was custom built for you. High head speed, steep swing = 100emoji 100emoji 100emoji. You must hit that thing farther than I hit my driver plus my 8 iron.
It's definitely super. And what a great name, right?! Fun product to talk about -- that was one with a very clear positioning -- the hybrid that will make your fairway woods nervous.

Ps - It's conforming.
I need it in a 12 degree :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@EthanatorCG, seen some taco questions, how about choosing between green Chile from Colorado or New Mexico?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I have to admit I am completely unequipped to answer this appropriately! I don't think I've ever had green chile from either place!!

So I can't answer that but I can tell you what I learned is a thing that I didn't know existed until moving to SD area -- hatch chile season. That's not a thing in the midwest or east coast. It's been fun to buy the roasted ones when they are in season and to make a bunch of different things. And by a bunch of different things, I mean hatch chile mac & cheese and only hatch chile mac & cheese.

I'll try the green chile next time I am in CO or NM!

The best part is, @EthanatorCG gives THEEEEE most in depth answers. You rock Easy E!

@EthanatorCG, which player on a rival OEM manufacturer would you want to bring over to Callaway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to get specific but I don't need Legal to get involved so how about I just describe what I think would make for the ideal staffer? Yes? ok good. --- someone who hits the ball far, is recognizable face and personality, has an authentic social media presence, and isn't afraid to try new things and laugh at themselves.

Wow, I have to admit I am completely unequipped to answer this appropriately! I don't think I've ever had green chile from either place!!

So I can't answer that but I can tell you what I learned is a thing that I didn't know existed until moving to SD area -- hatch chile season. That's not a thing in the midwest or east coast. It's been fun to buy the roasted ones when they are in season and to make a bunch of different things. And by a bunch of different things, I mean hatch chile mac & cheese and only hatch chile mac & cheese.

I'll try the green chile next time I am in CO or NM!

In case you didn't know.....Hatch, is a town in NM. Where the best chile comes from. ;)

Back