ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat with Jason Finley from Callaway Golf

Anything to do with sports would be great. Would love to work in Sports Radio. A platform and mic to talk trash every day would be great.

The Finley and Steven A Show. First guests: Reggie Miller and Spike Lee.

that would be trash talking GOLD!

Since not many of us really got the chance to try the new balls out at home, can you tell us more about the CSX and how you made it faster? Rumor is, it's supposed to be a pretty hot ball if you have the horsepower for it.
Well, every layer of the of the ball is part of this and we did a lot of prototyping to get this one right. The new single core is faster. It works together with the new Dual Mantle System (soft inner mantle and firmer outer mantle) for more speed. The significantly thinner cover also helps with speed as it is thinner with less urethane which on its own is not a very fast material so less of it will help. Finally, the new aero pattern helps with distance as well as the ball is flying through the air.

Last question, if you have time. I loved the Hex Soft golf ball and recently found a stash at my local Walmart. What is the closest ball in your current lineup to it?
That is a soft 2pc ball so the closest thing to that would be the Supersoft

Iron sharpens iron! I was lucky enough to have a fantastic partner in @checkered! Multiple net eagles out him!
The only multiple I got from my partner was missing MULTIPLE fairways MULTIPLE fairways over

Completely missed the Q&A, dammit. I wanted to ask him how the diet is going...
Well, based on your twitter feed of late seems like it is going better than yours.

And, certainly not looking like a certain picture you may have reminded me of recently. #FatFinley

How often does your bag change?? I would likely have a different set up every time I step on the course if I worked a Callaway.... o_O;)
Well, it depends on how often I play but me having the same setup two rounds in a row with some time in between is rare.

Hi Jason
You probably meet and play with a lot of PGA pros, what player impressed you the most during your round? skill wise and sense of humor?
Could be 2 separate categories.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Some of the guys just hit it so good, just a different sound to it. Also the misses are just so much better than us mere mortals. The tour pro I have the most fun playing with is actually not on our staff but a longtime friend so that is what makes it the most fun.

@JasonFinleyCG While I've liked the entire Mavrik lineup, for me, the fairways have been the standout winners thus far. Such as absolutely easy club to hit, and hit far, and that's big for me.

I know that AI getting into the irons were a huge breakthrough, but were you expecting the fairways to be as awesome as they are?
We had big hopes for them for sure and with the broad offering of the three models, all fitting specific player needs I think they turned out great. Fairways are usually one of the hardest clubs to switch out to so if you get a good one that is easy to transition that is great for us (and golfers).

@JasonFinleyCG still at it, thank you for answering all of these questions, even on a Friday! Hope you lot in California are doing some Zoom Happy Hours (it's how we are sorting out Fridays here) :ROFLMAO:

Huge thanks to @JasonFinleyCG for taking the time to get all the answers out there. I learned a lot and loved some of the answers.

@JasonFinleyCG I can only speak for myself, but from the reaction on the forum and in this thread I'm sure we all are on the same page, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to answer our questions. I've got to peak into the mind of one of the guys responsible for some of the best looking, and performing, balls you can put in your hands.

We have another chat coming with Callaway next week that will be super interesting for those that like to talk advertising.

We will have details out this weekend

Back