Live Update Thread - 2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Here goes nothing guys...

It's going to be a bit long winded.

I'm not going to get to in depth with the matches the other guys did a great job covering it.

THP - JB (sorry about the bed bugs brother), GG and 441 - you guys are effing amazing. Thank you for the fantastic time that was the #THPKickoffClassic From the hotel, to the course, to the #SWAG I had an absolute blast. THP is a family and thank you so much for creating this paradise that we all enjoy so much.

Kentwool- our phenomenal sponsor. They make a great product and TBH I was skeptical at first based on the pricepoints, but wearing the socks and undies for the 3 days, I never felt more comfortable than I did these three days, my feet were warm comfortable and dry as were the family jewels - Slot Technology FTW! Do yourself a favor and get you some Kentwool!

GameBook Golf - THP talked about changing the game and this app definitely did that, live freaking scoring? Straight up balling! Definitely brought the forum in and being able to check on how other matches were doing, was absolutely incredible. Looking forward to tuning in to the app for all of the THP events in 2016!

RTJ Grand National - From the courses to the staff, they were so great. Ashley in the grill room took care of all our food requests, the pro shop staff was helpful and professional. The starters and marshalls were friendly and visible on the courses. Big kudos to the cart guys, super friendly and did a great job keeping my sticks shiny after the rounds. I will definitely be back to experience more of the RTJ trail.

#MerinoMarauders

Tadashi70 - my captain, it was an honor playing for you this weekend, I just wish we could have brought home the W, we need to tee it up still, but I would play for you any day and any event. Glad we finally got to meet! You were styling the whole weekend, either with the jams or the the scripting you are a walking legend sir, glad the hip was holding up well for you too.

amsmith61 - my blue brother, partnaaaaaaaa, roomie carpool buddy. I'm glad you didn't get sick of me! It was an absolute blast teeing it up with you... AGAIN. From our scripting to our play we were rocking it this weekend, I can't wait till we do it again. Thank you so much for the Flag, next time I see you, you need to sign it for me. Sincerely, #longdrivechampion

441 or Platinum Mike - Glad you were able to get through 54 holes without issues with your wrist. That is a great feeling. After seeing your preround scripting for Saturday (which you should have kept) you would have been my vote for MVP. Road to 5 hit a speed bump, bump I like your odds this year. Thanks for all you do dude, great seeing you again.

mmaynard11- Matt, thanks for arranging all of the transport and chauffeuring us around, matching bstone hats Sunday FTW! Inside jokes about the mysterious smoker on the forum Saturday was hilarious! Next event we need to tee it up, I do wish I rolled that CX1 that you had as well. Oh and nice win with the Scotty, between you and JH one of you was going to win that raffle on Saturday.

Sox Fan - Scott, it was pleasure seeing you again and actually getting to tee it up with you, hopefully we can be partners in an event sometime. You definitely can golf your ball, it was fun to watch you play on Friday. Thank you for hooking up the team with the team towel and ball markers, they both came out great! Oh, and number 1 on the Lakes course definitely goes left :alien:

jhoefer99 - Jed, great meeting you and your one liners were hilarious! Friday was a fun round commiserating our horrible games and you win the prize for best golf bag for the weekend.

Just_hacking - John, great getting to know you over dinner both nights, I was shocked that Matt beat you out on the raffle prize on Saturday! You didn't forget your tumbler did you :angel:

JohnSinVA - "Are you a THPer?" What's THP?" Hahaha always nice getting that awkward meeting someone from the internet in person for the first time out of the way. You're a bigger than life personality dude, and it was great getting to know you and your love for ice cream. You definitely are a light sleeper though, we couldn't sneak out of the car without waking you up, and pistachio is the nut version of bubble gum ice cream #justsayin

e1iterate - Mike, I have to fly to ATL and drive to Alabama to see another Ducks fan haha! Always great seeing you brother, you rocked that Masters shirt like a boss on Sunday, it matched your approach shot on 18 #gamer we need to tee it up next event we're both in.

Iceyshanks - "Hi Pete, I'm Icey/ Kyle Nice to Kyle great finally meeting you, I definitely think that you smile more than me though, you're always happy and it's great that in person you match your online persona.

Dhartmann34 - great finally getting to meet you dude, I think you always either had an ice cream in your hand or you were talking about ice cream. I also liked your blue adidas kicks.

War effing Eagle - Ryan, you hit the shot of the weekend on 17 Sunday. That shot is probably in my top 5 that I have witnessed. The back and forth on Sunday made that one of the best rounds I've been a part of. Hearing about the history/backstory of Auburn was great and definitely spice up the drive, as did your banter with 441. Thanks for all your work with the Game Book golf app, it wouldn't have been as seamless as it was without the legwork you did with it and the time you spent setting it up. Thanks for the beer hookup as well. Looking forward to teeing it up again.

Johnny Mojo - Johnny Fairway, John, so glad we got to face on Saturday, glad we finally met up at a THP event dude. It was a special round, your putt on #2 was probably the best putt I saw all weekend, that was HUGE! #bstonegolfglovetwinsFTW I meant what I said about watching you tee off, was like watching Scarnici and not because of the height! If you're in Boston let me know because the round is on me.

Chump Fries - Courtney glad we got to meet brother, for an Ole Miss guy you're not too bad :alien: The Guthrie's call was HUGE, that was so good and hit the spot. Where was your camera on Saturday, you have quite the talent, speaking of talent, I know you were frustrated with your tee game, but your approach shots and putts were so clutch, it was shot after shot I was in awe. Watching you convert the birdie putt on the drone footage was so cool, you have ice in the veins. Can't wait for our next round.

CplJohnst - Barry, my Mardi Gras twin, you rocked the plaid pants like a BOSS on Sunday, I don't think you could have been better off the tee, your tee game is something to be envious of. Glad I found a good home for the beanie, especially since you got some good use out of it during the weekend. Looking forward to the next time dude.

Jeff Spicoli - we didn't get too many opportunities to chat, but Kuch, I mean John that 4i on 18 from what 215 yards on Saturday, was the 2nd best golf shot I saw all weekend. Also watching you pound driver so effortlessly on the range on Sunday is enough to make a guy envious. Hopefully we can meet up at another THP event and play some golf together.

#Cookie - Michael always great seeing you and the belt buckle at a THP event, thanks for catching the video of the first tee shots on Saturday, the adrenaline was pumping and I have no idea what I said to you when asked me how that first show went, there is nothing more nerve racking than the first tee shots at a THP event.

DawgDaddy - Randy, I cannot tell you how happy I am that you were able to get through the weekend and play some golf, I remember back to last years Bridgestone U and your back was giving you fits and you weren't able to play, that just tore me up. I know you were on the other team, but to see you hit that approach shot for Toad on 18 on Sunday, that made me so happy for you and to see you out there grinding with the rest of us. Great seeing you again brother.

Girardcorp - Jeremy, thanks for shuttling us on the Wal-Mart run on Friday night, also great call on getting the monster SUV, glad to hear that you got your clubs as well, (well I'm not glad since you used them to beat us) I know how much of an adventure it was to get them and last minute as well.

Brianmk24 - M.V.P - congrats dude, you earned that MVP, both with your play and Slot Technology. Since you won, do you think you could hook all of us mere mortals up with some face cream, maybe conditioner? Must be something in that Jersey water or something. 8 months between hanging out is way too long let's tee it up sooner, than that. Also I wish we filmed your reaction to the MVP announcement #priceless that would be a winner for reaction videos.
you
tanker337 - Paul aka Brian's crutch aka longest traveler, it was great meeting you, and it will be fun following your play in The Gauntlet, where you won't have to travel as far :act-up:

Willwhite - Alan nice meeting you, for a first timer hope it was everything you were expecting and more, oh and your FJ Freestyles were pretty baller, you're making me want to check them out, the BOA system is HUGE!

TOAD - Sean, Blackhawks fan, short game wizard, fellow early riser, glad we got to meet at this event, you didn't get muddy though, so I can't imagine how low you would have gone :alien: had that happened. Your stories were interesting and fantastic and I'm glad we got to hang out this weekend, next time we get together we need to tee it up.

Random thoughts:

THPs and Ice Cream = Winning combination

Hot Tub!!!

Suburban and Yukons FTW when you have 5 THPers with their golf bags

Mystery Smoker - for the ultimate creep award

Apple Skoal - who would have thought it was that hard to find

I need a new car, these new ones are too technologically advanced for me

Don't knock bubblegum and gummy bear ice cream till you've tried it

I need some Guthrie's right now

AndyGator Beer, pretty darn good

I'll leave everyone with this quote: "Let the night take you where it may fellas.I like what I see. Would love to be by that nice fire with any of you"

A little KickoffClassic tidbit hit me while driving this weekend, my wife was listening to Beiber and his "What Do you" and I heard these lyrics:
First you wanna go to the left then you wanna turn right
I started laughing and my wife had no idea why I found it so funny, I told her Sox would!!! Left or right buddy!!!

A little KickoffClassic tidbit hit me while driving this weekend, my wife was listening to Beiber and his "What Do you" and I heard these lyrics:

I started laughing and my wife had no idea why I found it so funny, I told her Sox would!!! Left or right buddy!!!
At least I will be remembered for something from the event! Haha

It took a while, but here is part two:

After we finished our match, we joined the rest of the guys gathered on 18 to watch the final groups finish up. After the last group was done, each team separated to talk pairings and strategy for the next day. Ryan did a great job on the pairings, especially after we didn't offer him a ton of suggestions :)

Not being to play much these days and wanting to iron out the kinks, Mojo, Jed, and I headed to the range to hit a few after the round as we had some time to kill before dinner. It was a pretty laid back session with Mojo striping his XHot off the tee and Jed and I trying to match his consistency--it didn't happen. It was great talking with Jed about golf, life, and being a dad. Hope to see you at an event soon.

At dinner the captains announced the pairings and matches and #cookie and I were going up against Freddie and e1iterate (Mike). I was pretty excited to get paired with #cookie after having met him a few times before but never being able to tee it up together. I was excited to be playing against Freddie again. As a competitor you want to tee it up with the best and that's Freddie. The rest of the night was more hanging out and talking with everyone. It was great talking with tanker337, Jed, #cookie, jonsinva and a whole slew of others at dinner.

After dinner we headed outside as we were starting to rowdy inside arguing about directions. I wish I could have stayed up later, but the driving and long day had taken it out of me. It was awesome catching up with Ryan (War Eagle). He did an incredible job as a captain this weekend and it's great to have him back in full force on the forum. JB had said to me earlier that night that we've got a great group of THPers at this event and while I think he's said that at every event that I've been to (and rightfully so) there didn't seem like there was enough time to talk with everyone like I wanted to.

We had an epic match on Sunday. #cookie was as good as of partner as I could have asked for. He played great and hit some very timely shots that kept us in it and helped us build a nice lead. Speaking of that lead we got to 4up after 10 on Freddie and Mike. I knew it wasn't over at that point. Huge shout out to Freddie and Mike playing so well down the stretch and having huge heart to grind it out. The finishing stretch on the Lakes course is fantastic. There is just so much that can happen on 15, 16, 17, and 18 sets up for great drama. #cookie and I won 17 to go one up. Freddie and #cookie both striped it down the middle on 18. I caught it heavy on the approach and #cookie did a great job with the Texas wedge to give us a make able par putt. Turns out I didn't need to putt as Mike hit a clutch approach shot and Freddie drained the birdie to finish the match all square.

I think that was the best competitive match play round I was ever part of. There was so much back and forth and swings in momentum, it was just a joy to be part of. I played 36 holes with Freddie that weekend and we finished up all square in both matches. What can I say about Freddie that hasn't already been said? He's a great competitor and class act all the way around. Teeing it up with him is always a learning experience and a fun round. Hope it to tee it up again soon.

THP events always end too fast it seems and after our round was over, I had an 8 hour drive in front of me so I hustled back to the hotel to get myself together and back to the course in time to get a team photo.

It was great weekend and I truly enjoyed every moment of it. Thanks again to everyone at THP for making it happen.

Played the RTJ links course on the simulator today, and was thinking of this thread the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live Update Thread - 2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

no lakes course?

Well have written and rewritten my recap about 5 times with each one longer than the next, but nothing I wrote really captured my true feelings so I am just gonna keep it short and simple.

THP events are always incredible and The Kick Off Classic was no exception. It was probably my most favorite THP event I have had the pleasure to attend to date. I had such a great time despite not playing well.

Saturday I played with T0AD, CPLJohnst and dhartmann34. It was a familiar kind of round having played with Sean and Barry before, but it was great to play a round with Derek. We struggled, but fought hard. Sean and Barry were just playing so well. It would have been a challenge for anyone to beat them.

Sunday I had the pleasure of playing with Icey Shanks, Johnny Mojo and Chump Fires. These guys were a absolute blast to play 18 with despite some not so stellar play at times. Such a solid group of guys!!

I truly hope that I can have the pleasure of teeing it up with these fine fellows again. The future!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wasn't an option, oddly.

Missed the green a little right, and we ran out of time before I had to chip.

Bummer, 18 is probably one of the best/toughest finishing holes I've played

This picture popped up on my computer background today.... Just awesome!

I can't believe it's already been 4 years!
I'm a little behind on my photo editing. I was only able to get a handful of shots during the Sunday's round. Here's the few I was able to grab of our group during the round. Had a terrific time that day with Mojo, Icey, and JH.

25256425795_f0b4c519b6_o.jpg
I can't believe it's already been 4 years!

Back