Live Update Thread: 2019 Small Batch Experience with Project X

Will someone please post a picture or pictures of the final products and the matching shaft DNA and profiles. With a brief description of what ball flight is produced by the clubs and new Shaft combinations.

We are dying to see and read your impressions and results.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Quite a bit of feedback/posts in here as it pertains to the profiles and changes made by us who went.

Final products will not be in hand for some time as aesthetics go, but rest assured the 5 of us will begin posting more thoughts on the version we have in the bag (which is or created profile minus the graphics).

So my shaft is the Smoke Yellow, stiff flex. The tester shaft (riptide) wasn't working for me, but I love the yellow so we tweaked it.

DB taught me that a stiff smoke yellow is basically stiff at the top and bottom and regular flex in the middle. To be more specific, its closer to X top and bottom and like regular + in the middle; I think this is awesome whereas no part of the shaft is truly stiff flex. So cool!

So the tweak I made was to make the bottom end a bit stiffer. This results in a slightly lower launch and slightly lower spin (like 200-300 less RPM) so not a major change, but a much needed one nonetheless.

I was able to see the change on the computer data spread sheet, but more noticeably when I rolled the shaft. We added an extra roll to the bottom.

Another thing about the yellow smoke is that the top end is bigger longer into the shaft. So under the grip is more parallel than tapered and it continues toward the middle of the shaft that way longer than others.

If anyone remembers that differently, please chime in. I think I got that right though.

Just caught up and as always, love reading through this event's thread. I can't wait to see the finished shafts and hope they help all of you hit bombs for years.

Thanks for all the photos and bringing us along as much as you could.

Driver swing has been located. :cautious:

Now that said, I hit a high ball now. Hahaha

GC2 batteries died on me yesterday so no data, but I’m willing to bet my launch angle with the 410 LST head is going to settle in into the 13-14 range. For me at my ball speed, that’s a big damn deal.

Still a little lunge-y at the top, so I’m betting spin is a little high still, but nothing crazy.

Will be reeeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy strange playing fall and spring WINDY golf here and having to consider my ball flight on the tee.

Oh, and the feel is all there still, even with stiffening the tip a bit and sliding the rest of the structure up 1” towards the hands, that Riptide feel and loading is there.

Pretty pumped.

Driver swing has been located. :cautious:

Now that said, I hit a high ball now. Hahaha

GC2 batteries died on me yesterday so no data, but I’m willing to bet my launch angle with the 410 LST head is going to settle in into the 13-14 range. For me at my ball speed, that’s a big damn deal.

Still a little lunge-y at the top, so I’m betting spin is a little high still, but nothing crazy.

Will be reeeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy strange playing fall and spring WINDY golf here and having to consider my ball flight on the tee.

Oh, and the feel is all there still, even with stiffening the tip a bit and sliding the rest of the structure up 1” towards the hands, that Riptide feel and loading is there.

Pretty pumped.
You adding the high ball?! I’m curious how your 1/1 works for you. I’m guessing you crush it

You adding the high ball?! I’m curious how your 1/1 works for you. I’m guessing you crush it
I did not at Avi. I was unable to slow my **** down at the top. Such is life sometimes.

Yesterday, much better, but windy as hell.

Honestly though, I’ve not hit a low ball off the tee in a while, I know when some see my data they think that I am with a 10-11 launch but they neglect the ball speed and the peak still hitting over 30y. Now though, the peak will likely be in the 34y range which is new and potentially fun.

Hoping for a little GC2 action on my Made for Jman shaft today finally. Its cold, but course will be empty and that is a WIN.

Loving the feel still, its got that Riptide kick to it, and I feel like we dropped the spin a bit while keeping launch UP there. Really eager to see the launch, peak, and spin.

REALLY.

0E870A3C-E923-4386-89D1-B584E048E128.jpeg

9F3232B4-50F6-4510-927F-8BF92BFA6F59.jpeg

I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT!!!

The weather is now turning rapidly in this neck of the woods. I may not be able to get much opportunity to use my personally made shaft, although we obviously have the same shaft in an unfinished version. I am really looking forward to seeing the final product.

It is so quiet regarding these shafts. I am so hoping to get this 77F2E638-0B86-44D8-B96F-51986DA5A85E.jpegin hand before cold weather shuts us down.

It is so quiet regarding these shafts. I am so hoping to get this n hand before cold weather shuts us down.

That green is such a great colour; fantastic choice!

Played mine today, the first time since getting home. Dialed in my swing and really reaped the benefits of this custom shaft. Perfect ball flight, great distance, less some spin. Home run!

Played mine today, the first time since getting home. Dialed in my swing and really reaped the benefits of this custom shaft. Perfect ball flight, great distance, less some spin. Home run!
You get some lessons......hoooooooooooooooooooly hell dude. DO IT!

FINALLY getting close to dayyyyyyyyyyys of golf to really get to know my 1 of 1 creation.

Freaking stoked.

Golf all day! Let’s goooooooooooooo!

1 off driver shaft gonna get a worrrrrrrkkkkooouuuuuuuttttt

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

4C1BAF90-D93E-4890-AD1E-E9DE2ECFC822.jpeg
303755E2-0B13-4712-A1F1-BCE35BB23F48.jpeg
F319256D-C47A-44CA-BD64-320C5EF3F1DD.jpeg

(And don’t mind the left thing, that’s legit an alignment thing today as it was cold and I was lazy this morning)

Extremely Consistent.

It's a good Fit!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Back