Live Update Thread: Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya and Mizuno Golf

Monday morning... Writing my recap and pulled my clubs out of the travel bag...

Assembling the amazing head and shaft combo while thinking of all the work that goes into these pieces and in building that we talked about all weekend....16194429496731265975537950524662.jpg

Monday morning... Writing my recap and pulled my clubs out of the travel bag...

Assembling the amazing head and shaft combo while thinking of all the work that goes into these pieces and in building that we talked about all weekend....View attachment 9005290
🤯 How has it taken you this long! 🤣 First thing I did once I got home to make sure she was safe 😆

you couldn't walk five steps without smelling a strong stench of extra curricular activities everywhere.
Definitely talking about legalized green, right? RIGHT? :ROFLMAO:

🤯 How has it taken you this long! 🤣 First thing I did once I got home to make sure she was safe 😆

Haha exact reason I did not open it... Wanted to live the memories over the weekend and not worry what to do if she was broken.

Wow! All caught up now. What an amazing looking golf course. :eek: Couldn't have asked for better weather. Congrats to Team Mizuno! Gotta get my name in the hat for Shaft Up #2 🤞

Beautiful course pictures had me ready for our trip this June to Vegas. I was surprised to see Cascata was still up there in price for June! Looking so pure guys

8EB0F2ED-9DE2-4C02-AE32-55959277D177.png
Ok this might be kinda cool.😎🤣

Ok so where to start off this ending of a great event. This is bittersweet, because the group messages still continue on and the memories will be there for a long time.

We received notification and I thought this is great - its been so long since I played with THPers and I wanted to build off the last THP experience and memories there. I did just that! @Golfers Anonymous (GA) started texting a bit here and there asking if the other was able to play and then the emails started with Danny. Truly awesome and down to earth guy.

@Golfers Anonymous laid out most of the details, so I will add where appropriate.

I started the trip on Wednesday at 3:30am getting up and getting pumped to go to Vegas, a town I knew all too well, but only dreamed of playing golf. Never traveling outside of Ohio for golf, didnt realize how easy it is to get golf clubs to the destination. (fingers crossed they all go that way). Anyways huge dumptrucks full of snow were called for and I was celebrating that I wouldnt need to shovel or be housebound for the week due to the snow, however it created issues as nobody wanted to drive uber/lyft in Cleveland that day. I decided last minute to jump in car and drive to airport (i live close so wasn't a problem other than making initial tracks as Ohio snow plows were retired for the season, or so it seemed). That kinda set off the day as a fast paced rat race from parking garage to CLE airport, to chicago airport. A funny message back and forth to GA mentioning a gray 1/4 zip to which responded a yea, only to realize we both were in 1/4 zips that were gray and didnt meet up before boarding flight. Oh well... 4+ hours to Vegas gave enough time to catch up about equipment used and life in Ohio.

We deplane and grab a selfie (GA's 2nd ever, I feel honored). We are picked up by THP celebrities, Danny Le and Chris Voshall, two guys that I have seen everywhere in livestreams the past year or so during COVID and countless YouTube videos watched as a fan of golf. Also joining them JB, we met in Akron in 19 and always good to see him (usually means something great is about to happen). Sort of a whirlwind, picked up by minivan, SWAG bag dumped on us as we enter the van introductions flying and a bit of a fan boy amazement in my head and mind. I realize everyone has jobs, but it just seemed so cool these guys are "THE" guys at their respective companies and they picked us up (not to mention flew us out) at the airport. Best part is down to earth regular guys that you would meet at local course looking for an extra to fill out their group.

We talk about how jealous they are that we get to play golf in Ohio year round (joking), talk about prior trips to Vegas their luck at the tables until we pull up to Dragon Ridge, already looking at range and club house WOW! Desert golf is soooo cool. we have lunch and like i said going into this I am a sponge. I have probably the lowest golf IQ of clubs/heads/shafts golf technology of anyone on this forum, but am in a constant search to educate myself and technology and reasons why things happen or are built the way they are. WE DIVE DEEP! Danny is a super smart guy and starts throwing Shafts 501 level course material at me, a couple times i think he could sense I was in intro to Shaft technology and quickly backed up and explained everything. I appreciate it and thank him for taking time to do so. Vosh added how the two worked together with heads and club technology. Old clubs that were awesome and overall great lunch... Oh yeah - we had food too... My favorite dining out lunch Cajun Chicken Wrap did not disappoint.

We headed to the range after lunch for warm up prior to our round. I admit - I HATE "eyes on me" during swings and range time. So this was a big out of comfort zone. Never did a fitting - amateur Hi-cap golf swing being watched by three amazing golfers!? basically reading numbers? YIKES well it went fine hit some warmups and knew the Ohio swing didnt travel to perfection, but doing well in the 30+MPH winds that we faced. Settled in and started to put some better moves on the ball... Danny looked at me and said RELAX big guy take a break - go slow. Seemed to cool the nerves and get me out of my head that i had to be perfect. Hit my current gamer with some right to left misses, pretty standard and the high spin that has plagued my misses appeared again 3,500 and one at 4k... we played with LINQ BLACK shafts. first one at 45or45.5 and things seemed to move in the right direction. tried one a 44.5 and bingo! Things looked good on a numbers perspective. The new 10.5 STX Driver with LINQ Black (low/low as the cool kids call it). helped put heavier setup that allowed my aggressive swing to live and breath, albeit a bit lighter "feel" because of the balance... technology is crazy.

We moved onto the course and BAM! full immersion in desert golf must have immersed my golf senses because I was having fun with the scenery and amazing views of the strip from the mountain. I was feeling the new shaft and while I wasn't shooting lights out, I was hitting fairways with the new bomber quite consistently. It was a great day golfing with Chris and Danny. getting some gamesmanship as well as off course climbing going on. a few laughs and libations made for quite the day 1 of golf.

We headed to dinner a Vegas staple at Carmines. love the food and banter hearing about the rooms/discussion these guys have been a part of is truly awesome. I love golf but their historic golf knowledge takes it to a new level.

we played some tables after having some laughs and standard would you rather food discussions...threw some money to further enhance the our future visits to the fabulous Las Vegas strip.

Day 2 started early, however for my midwestern brain, I was up before the sun... got dressed in the Cascata Blue scripting for the day. We went to a Triple D recommendation Coffee Cup. Breakfast tacos were a great choice and continued some of the business side of golf and innerworkings of golf companies. Also some funny stories about things that were not as they seem and failed. Ready to pick up where we left off the day before we roll into an abandoned road with a classic metal gate with Cascata printed on a rather boring sign. we drive up the road surrounded by desert and BAM! there is was the oasis that is green lush grass with a few ponds and running "stream" CASCATA. The clubhouse was immaculate with said running stream running through it and the golf cart launch point underneath the pro shop. No expense spared in this place including locker rooms and gift shop. Range was picture perfect, managed to get a few good strikes in and headed to the glass like putting green... It was going to be challenging golf. Albeit a rough round for me, I can say the banter and one liners of the day kept me fueled with passion. some of the places you hit drives from were pure zen. Saying the greens were challenging was an understatement. Half the fun was watching others hit huge breaking putts and listening to the caddy tell us where the ball needed to be hit in disbelief only to watch the ball go zooming by. Great finish here by GA to close out the match.

headed back for a lighter fare dinner, but not before showing GA the Strip and touring different hotels and enjoying a refreshing walking beverage. Dinner was good with some jokes and more stories of traveling in the golf industry and seeing the world early night of gambling. After dinner, vouched to head out, but GA and I started talking about the day which led to putting and hitting clubs in the room before packing them up. once packed, hit the pillow and all motives for more gambling were eliminated. Guess thats how you know THP is in vegas when golf talk and putting outweigh debauchery in the streets. Oh well! Next Time!

Alright if you are still reading, apologies! Hope you are not passed out droolling on the keyboard. I started short and concise with the recap, but memories continued to pour out and wanted to capture truly how awesome THP is in the experience side. I am sure others have done huge experiences or various others, but for those that havent, if you can get out of your comfort zone, plan to have an amazing time and get out of your hometown, these are truly amazing events that build memories and a smile from ear to ear that continues to shine no matter what score you shoot! THP, @DannyLe @Vosh68 @JB you guys are awesome and no matter how big and grand your status at respective companies, taking time to share in moments like this enlighten golfers and show us a truly fun time it a truly amazing gesture I wont soon forget.

2021 Shaft Up #1 - Vegas is in the books. More about the club will be posted soon!

The fact that Danny reached out after event is awesome - I am sure talking to Gman and GA was not #1 on priority list, but he made time kudos to you!

It was awesome getting together out there @Gman79

@Gman79 Something tells me Vegas doesn’t look like this right now.39185934-9E73-4CCF-988A-3F070E9A7887.jpeg

knowing i have to play Ohio courses for a while before heading back out west....

Ok so where to start off this ending of a great event. This is bittersweet, because the group messages still continue on and the memories will be there for a long time.

We received notification and I thought this is great - its been so long since I played with THPers and I wanted to build off the last THP experience and memories there. I did just that! @Golfers Anonymous (GA) started texting a bit here and there asking if the other was able to play and then the emails started with Danny. Truly awesome and down to earth guy.

@Golfers Anonymous laid out most of the details, so I will add where appropriate.

I started the trip on Wednesday at 3:30am getting up and getting pumped to go to Vegas, a town I knew all too well, but only dreamed of playing golf. Never traveling outside of Ohio for golf, didnt realize how easy it is to get golf clubs to the destination. (fingers crossed they all go that way). Anyways huge dumptrucks full of snow were called for and I was celebrating that I wouldnt need to shovel or be housebound for the week due to the snow, however it created issues as nobody wanted to drive uber/lyft in Cleveland that day. I decided last minute to jump in car and drive to airport (i live close so wasn't a problem other than making initial tracks as Ohio snow plows were retired for the season, or so it seemed). That kinda set off the day as a fast paced rat race from parking garage to CLE airport, to chicago airport. A funny message back and forth to GA mentioning a gray 1/4 zip to which responded a yea, only to realize we both were in 1/4 zips that were gray and didnt meet up before boarding flight. Oh well... 4+ hours to Vegas gave enough time to catch up about equipment used and life in Ohio.

We deplane and grab a selfie (GA's 2nd ever, I feel honored). We are picked up by THP celebrities, Danny Le and Chris Voshall, two guys that I have seen everywhere in livestreams the past year or so during COVID and countless YouTube videos watched as a fan of golf. Also joining them JB, we met in Akron in 19 and always good to see him (usually means something great is about to happen). Sort of a whirlwind, picked up by minivan, SWAG bag dumped on us as we enter the van introductions flying and a bit of a fan boy amazement in my head and mind. I realize everyone has jobs, but it just seemed so cool these guys are "THE" guys at their respective companies and they picked us up (not to mention flew us out) at the airport. Best part is down to earth regular guys that you would meet at local course looking for an extra to fill out their group.

We talk about how jealous they are that we get to play golf in Ohio year round (joking), talk about prior trips to Vegas their luck at the tables until we pull up to Dragon Ridge, already looking at range and club house WOW! Desert golf is soooo cool. we have lunch and like i said going into this I am a sponge. I have probably the lowest golf IQ of clubs/heads/shafts golf technology of anyone on this forum, but am in a constant search to educate myself and technology and reasons why things happen or are built the way they are. WE DIVE DEEP! Danny is a super smart guy and starts throwing Shafts 501 level course material at me, a couple times i think he could sense I was in intro to Shaft technology and quickly backed up and explained everything. I appreciate it and thank him for taking time to do so. Vosh added how the two worked together with heads and club technology. Old clubs that were awesome and overall great lunch... Oh yeah - we had food too... My favorite dining out lunch Cajun Chicken Wrap did not disappoint.

We headed to the range after lunch for warm up prior to our round. I admit - I HATE "eyes on me" during swings and range time. So this was a big out of comfort zone. Never did a fitting - amateur Hi-cap golf swing being watched by three amazing golfers!? basically reading numbers? YIKES well it went fine hit some warmups and knew the Ohio swing didnt travel to perfection, but doing well in the 30+MPH winds that we faced. Settled in and started to put some better moves on the ball... Danny looked at me and said RELAX big guy take a break - go slow. Seemed to cool the nerves and get me out of my head that i had to be perfect. Hit my current gamer with some right to left misses, pretty standard and the high spin that has plagued my misses appeared again 3,500 and one at 4k... we played with LINQ BLACK shafts. first one at 45or45.5 and things seemed to move in the right direction. tried one a 44.5 and bingo! Things looked good on a numbers perspective. The new 10.5 STX Driver with LINQ Black (low/low as the cool kids call it). helped put heavier setup that allowed my aggressive swing to live and breath, albeit a bit lighter "feel" because of the balance... technology is crazy.

We moved onto the course and BAM! full immersion in desert golf must have immersed my golf senses because I was having fun with the scenery and amazing views of the strip from the mountain. I was feeling the new shaft and while I wasn't shooting lights out, I was hitting fairways with the new bomber quite consistently. It was a great day golfing with Chris and Danny. getting some gamesmanship as well as off course climbing going on. a few laughs and libations made for quite the day 1 of golf.

We headed to dinner a Vegas staple at Carmines. love the food and banter hearing about the rooms/discussion these guys have been a part of is truly awesome. I love golf but their historic golf knowledge takes it to a new level.

we played some tables after having some laughs and standard would you rather food discussions...threw some money to further enhance the our future visits to the fabulous Las Vegas strip.

Day 2 started early, however for my midwestern brain, I was up before the sun... got dressed in the Cascata Blue scripting for the day. We went to a Triple D recommendation Coffee Cup. Breakfast tacos were a great choice and continued some of the business side of golf and innerworkings of golf companies. Also some funny stories about things that were not as they seem and failed. Ready to pick up where we left off the day before we roll into an abandoned road with a classic metal gate with Cascata printed on a rather boring sign. we drive up the road surrounded by desert and BAM! there is was the oasis that is green lush grass with a few ponds and running "stream" CASCATA. The clubhouse was immaculate with said running stream running through it and the golf cart launch point underneath the pro shop. No expense spared in this place including locker rooms and gift shop. Range was picture perfect, managed to get a few good strikes in and headed to the glass like putting green... It was going to be challenging golf. Albeit a rough round for me, I can say the banter and one liners of the day kept me fueled with passion. some of the places you hit drives from were pure zen. Saying the greens were challenging was an understatement. Half the fun was watching others hit huge breaking putts and listening to the caddy tell us where the ball needed to be hit in disbelief only to watch the ball go zooming by. Great finish here by GA to close out the match.

headed back for a lighter fare dinner, but not before showing GA the Strip and touring different hotels and enjoying a refreshing walking beverage. Dinner was good with some jokes and more stories of traveling in the golf industry and seeing the world early night of gambling. After dinner, vouched to head out, but GA and I started talking about the day which led to putting and hitting clubs in the room before packing them up. once packed, hit the pillow and all motives for more gambling were eliminated. Guess thats how you know THP is in vegas when golf talk and putting outweigh debauchery in the streets. Oh well! Next Time!

Alright if you are still reading, apologies! Hope you are not passed out droolling on the keyboard. I started short and concise with the recap, but memories continued to pour out and wanted to capture truly how awesome THP is in the experience side. I am sure others have done huge experiences or various others, but for those that havent, if you can get out of your comfort zone, plan to have an amazing time and get out of your hometown, these are truly amazing events that build memories and a smile from ear to ear that continues to shine no matter what score you shoot! THP, @DannyLe @Vosh68 @JB you guys are awesome and no matter how big and grand your status at respective companies, taking time to share in moments like this enlighten golfers and show us a truly fun time it a truly amazing gesture I wont soon forget.

2021 Shaft Up #1 - Vegas is in the books. More about the club will be posted soon!

The fact that Danny reached out after event is awesome - I am sure talking to Gman and GA was not #1 on priority list, but he made time kudos to you!
Appreciate the great recap man! Love hearing about the stuff that we don't see!

Such great write ups. Can’t wait for STL

Got in the Mizuno ST-Z 10.5 with a concept LINQ shaft yesterday for winning the contest that went along with this event for choosing which driver and loft @Golfers Anonymous and @Gman79 were fit into. Huge thanks to THP and @Vosh68 and @DannyLe. The driver head looks even better in person and the shaft is straight Fire! It came in while I was playing yesterday so I went to get it once we were done and showed it to the guys and then hit a few with it. Everyone liked the looks and were really curious about the driver and shaft. Have a few guys that want a chance to hit it. On the range I was hitting it pretty well. I left a few open but most were pretty straight with nice penetrating flight that wasn't too low which is usually my struggle. I'm really excited to hit more with it and get it on the course. My club is also getting a trackman soon for the range so I will be exciting to compare it to my gamer and another driver I have to see the numbers. Thanks again to THP for being so awesome!!
BB77268E-18DD-4080-B148-7BE0EAB53928.jpeg

Got in the Mizuno ST-Z 10.5 with a concept LINQ shaft yesterday for winning the contest that went along with this event for choosing which driver and loft @Golfers Anonymous and @Gman79 were fit into. Huge thanks to THP and @Vosh68 and @DannyLe. The driver head looks even better in person and the shaft is straight Fire! It came in while I was playing yesterday so I went to get it once we were done and showed it to the guys and then hit a few with it. Everyone liked the looks and were really curious about the driver and shaft. Have a few guys that want a chance to hit it. On the range I was hitting it pretty well. I left a few open but most were pretty straight with nice penetrating flight that wasn't too low which is usually my struggle. I'm really excited to hit more with it and get it on the course. My club is also getting a trackman soon for the range so I will be exciting to compare it to my gamer and another driver I have to see the numbers. Thanks again to THP for being so awesome!!
View attachment 9006596
Is that the blue or black? 🔥

Oh and I forgot to add that
Is that the blue or black? 🔥
The shaft is blue and kind of changes to a blue-purplish color depending on the light. It's pretty sick. I'll try to get a couple more pictures here in a bit.

Oh and I forgot to add that

The shaft is blue and kind of changes to a blue-purplish color depending on the light. It's pretty sick. I'll try to get a couple more pictures here in a bit.

I believe that is the mid/mid version. I absolutely love the feel in the black! You’ll have to post how it goes. 🔥:UST::mizuno::thp:🔥

Not sure where to post this, but this thread made sense. was with friends out on course and he was asking about the mizuno driver. What is that logo its so strange... RUNNING BIRD! spreading knowledge! haha

Not sure where to post this, but this thread made sense. was with friends out on course and he was asking about the mizuno driver. What is that logo its so strange... RUNNING BIRD! spreading knowledge! haha
We’re they specifically asking what it was or did they not know the Mizuno logo in general lol

We’re they specifically asking what it was or did they not know the Mizuno logo in general lol
They saw it on driver and putter... When I told them it was instant Wooooahhh

Bumping up to show how great this event was for Shaft Up 3 entries.

Back