CONTEST Live Update Thread: Shaft Up #3 with UST Mamiya

I hope I done you guys some Justice. Hard to play and keep the thread going. Didn’t have close to my B game. Still had a wonderful experience I’ll carry with me for the rest of my life. An absolute gem of a place. @JB I hope you get well soon. @DannyLe and @GLG20 you guys were awesome and great to play with. Special thanks to Danny for all the tips along the way. The new driver is a weapon. I’ll work on the alignment and speed. Time to eat lunch and figure out the irons and wedges. The putting is a work in progress but much better today than yesterday. Time for a Pimento Grilled Cheese and some fries before a 5 hour trip home.
Of course you did! You were there and took us along for the ride! Enjoy the new driver!

Good stuff @hedley_lamarr08 and @GLG20! I enjoyed the follow and can't wait to hear how the new drivers perform on your home course!

Congrats @DannyLe for pulling off the win solo!

@JB, I hate that you had to sit this one out, but I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Safe travels home guys!

Congrats @DannyLe !!!!!!!!!!!! God that course is just so purely majestic! Looks like everyone had a great time overall! Safe travels

Congrats @DannyLe !!!!!!!!!!!! God that course is just so purely majestic! Looks like everyone had a great time overall! Safe travels

Safe travels everyone!!

Congrats on the dub, Danny. Good playing all. I enjoyed catching up when I could. This whole work thing is for the birds. Don’t they know I had a THP Experience to follow? I’m sure you all had a blast. Safe travels. Can’t wait to hear more about how you’re getting along with the driver as you get more time with it.

Great follow guys, thanks for all the pics and updates. Get well @JB , and safe travels home all. :drinks:

Apologies if I missed it, what were the old drivers, bread and shaft, and what were the old misses?

I think we saw that @hedley_lamarr08 was in a 60s, and missed left.

Awesome job with the updates and thank you! Safe travels home! @JB i hope you recover quickly!

Barely. I’m keeping my distance from you guys and want you three to enjoy this all so much.

I will head out tomorrow during your round so have a blast
Yuck. Being sick sucks! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for having us follow along. Enjoy the new Drivers. These Shaft Ups are amazing.

Great pics and updates from everyone, and congrats to Danny! Safe travels all.

I hope I done you guys some Justice. Hard to play and keep the thread going. Didn’t have close to my B game. Still had a wonderful experience I’ll carry with me for the rest of my life. An absolute gem of a place. @JB I hope you get well soon. @DannyLe and @GLG20 you guys were awesome and great to play with. Special thanks to Danny for all the tips along the way. The new driver is a weapon. I’ll work on the alignment and speed. Time to eat lunch and figure out the irons and wedges. The putting is a work in progress but much better today than yesterday. Time for a Pimento Grilled Cheese and some fries before a 5 hour trip home.
Thanks for taking us along! And have to say it again - that is some shaft you ended up with!!

Rumor has it, @hedley_lamarr08 hit his new driver incredibly well and pulled his old one a few times to make sure the trees on the right were paying attention. That’s brand commitment, because he needs to burn that thing with fire 🔥 fire 🔥

Great playing today by all, it was a fun follow, Danny was unstoppable.

I was wondering for participants, how much discussion takes place with Danny before this event to help narrow down what shaft/head combos might be best? What kinds of information is provided beforehand to allow Danny to bring the shafts with him that he feels will be best?
I sent out some questions for the guys and had a couple of follow up emails to narrow it down as much as possible.

Back