Live Update Thread - TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons - TP CB, MC & MB

I have to say, Taylormade is completely killed it this event and I couldn't be more happy to experience this weekend with them. I can't wait to represent them in July.

Agreed. I am so excited to be a part of the Morgan Cup, but today gave me a taste of what TaylorMade can do for my game and playing with a Captain made it even better.

Great job today everyone!!

This could be a skim job so I apologize. But did anyone get the AW in the CB set?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Pretty sure everyone got 3-P

How about distance comparison to your own clubs. Similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After day one, I'm thinking maybe a half club shorter than my Rbladez. But, good bit of wind today and unfamiliar iron may have been a factor. Need some serious range time to know for sure.

Are there any combo sets out of the group?

What were the surprises that JB talked about in the other thread?

Really looking forward to when you guys can get some more feedback on the clubs posted. Being a TaylorMade staffer in the MC I'm a tad bit eager for any and all info! Love it so far boys, great work!!

Loving the CBs. Much more forgiving on mis-hits than the JPX800 Pros. KBS Tours are much better feeling than S300. Flush hits are about the same distance. Flushed a few 3i off the tee.

I'm exhausted. Passing out shortly.

No combo sets were really available. it was CB, MB, and MC 3 thru PW only.

The topline on all 3 sets is very narrow and gets thinner as you go to the MB's, same with the sole's they get progressively thinner as you get to the MB's as well. The most interesting thing I've found so far in the MB's is the leading edge is the sharpest I've ever played. They're pretty short toe to heel so it's not that big of a deal but if you're a digger with your irons it could hurt you a little in softer conditions, fat shots although not common have occurred today lol. All 3 sets a re very stout clubs and there are some pretty good comments on how the long irons are being hit with some regularity and some consistency. They are very precise and misses are just that, misses.

Another round in the morning and we'll be able to continue the info discharge, so far they rock!

The 3 Taylormade reps have been awesome, they have a ton of knowledge and aren't afraid to put it out there when you ask questions, fantastic group of folks that are working hard to make sure we are educated and happy. Thanks Tyler, Matt, and Erica.

Really looking forward to when you guys can get some more feedback on the clubs posted. Being a TaylorMade staffer in the MC I'm a tad bit eager for any and all info! Love it so far boys, great work!!

You're going to be happy, brother. I have some serious pondering to do over the coming months.

You're going to be happy, brother. I have some serious pondering to do over the coming months.
Thanks buddy! It's awesome that you're getting such an early look at these. We'll be in touch a lot as the pondering commences!

Well that was an awesome little experience to follow along with. Can't wait for round two tomorrow.

Thanks buddy! It's awesome that you're getting such an early look at these. We'll be in touch a lot as the pondering commences!

I found a ton of forgiveness low on the face in the MCs. I found a silly high flight. It's fun.

I found a ton of forgiveness low on the face in the MCs. I found a silly high flight. It's fun.

Forgiving on the low groove shots. I'm listening.

I had similar results. I was really nervous, but it didn't take many swings on the range for me to know I really liked hitting these clubs.

I am honestly extremely impressed at your guys interaction and feedback in this testing thus far. These are some amazingly gorgeous irons and it seems like they are performing very well

Back