Live Update Thread: The Foundry with Evolve Golf

Did these go up for sale yet? Haven't seen anything, but so much going on with the forum upgrade, Paradise Week, etc, I might have missed it.

Not that I know of. Still waiting to hear from Evolve on when they will be available.

Not that I know of. Still waiting to hear from Evolve on when they will be available.
Thanks, I don't want to miss this one, really like my other THP/Evolve stuff.

Question- Did those who made a purchase receive an invoice? I’ve been looking and didn’t see one and wanted to make sure my order went through.

Question- Did those who made a purchase receive an invoice? I’ve been looking and didn’t see one and wanted to make sure my order went through.

Yes I got two emails from them at the time I placed the order. One was a confirmation the other was the transaction receipt. I only ordered THP tees. If that matters.

I received an email from them confirming my order.

I received 2 emails immediately, an "auto-receipt" and a confirmation that my order was received.

I hope your order went through ok. Mine showed up in the "updates" inbox in Gmail, not my primary inbox so I missed it at first.

Yes, I believe it was within a few minutes of completing the transaction

Email confirmation received right away.

The have great customer service if you need to contact them and to my surprise when I just checked they have items left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the responses.

We finished up forging the 304 stainless steel bag tags and repair tool bottle openers this afternoon. Final polish will happen first thing tomorrow morning and all orders placed through today will ship complete tomorrow as promised. We have just a few custom THP EC2 Foundry bag tags, P1Rx pitch mark repair tool bottle openers, Motionwool socks, and Epoch tees left for sale.

Recap time!

I entered the Foundry contest on a whim because I am a big fan of their tees and metals and have heard nothing but positive things about the Motionwool socks. I say a “whim” because I had a baby girl about three weeks before and figured I’d throw my name in for consideration and see what happens. Well I was at work when I got the PM saying I was one of the two lucky people to be chosen for the trip. The perma-smile was real that day. For those wondering, my wife and I compromised and she’s going on a girls trip this weekend. We got our flight info from Morgan right away and the wheels started spinning in my head about all of the possibilities for this event. I have to say that one of my favorite things about it was that I had an idea about what it would be but at the same time I had no idea what it would be, if that makes any sense.

Day One:
When I got into Wilmington, I met up with MWard, JB and GolferGal. We made our way over to the Evolve headquarters, which in it's past life was a bread factory. Once we got inside we were greeted by the Evolve team.

BJ took Wardy and I on a tour of the building, which included walking us through the history of the company, showing us some original prototypes and prototypes of ideas they are playing with and everything in between. We geeked out hard on sustainable materials. That stuff is so far out of my wheelhouse and it was really cool to learn about from a team that is so passionate about not only their products but also their footprint on the environment. One of my favorite stories was about the “Boston Tee Party” from the Deutsche Bank Championship a few years ago and how it made Top Plays on ESPN that day. They even have the giant Evolve Golf flag that flew on the ship that day hanging in the office area.

We ran back to the hotel to change before dinner at Flaming Amy’s Burrito Barn. When BJ mentioned it, I knew I had heard the name before but couldn’t pin point where. After a quick search on the Google machine I was reminded that it was on Man vs. Food! The menu was extensive and I had a pretty hard time choosing what to go with. I ended up landing on the Big Jerk burrito and paired it with the pineapple jalapeño salsa and a Tropical Lightning IPA which was a huge win. After dinner and some great conversation, we went to Flying Machine Brewery and had a beer on their roof deck before turning in for the night.

To be continued tomorrow...

Oh man I need to get on my recap, and that was the perfect reminder. Let me see what I can remember and jot it all down

Oh man I need to get on my recap, and that was the perfect reminder. Let me see what I can remember and jot it all down

It took me a while to get all my thoughts into a mildly coherent form but it brought me back through the awesomeness that we had on this trip.

Day Two:
Wardy and I were up at 7 for breakfast with Josh and Morgan at Dixie Grill. I’m a sucker for a good eggs Benedict and they put a local spin on it using biscuits, fried green tomatoes, scrambled eggs and onion gravy. It was so perfectly heavy and delicious. After breakfast we stopped by Bitty and Beau’s to grab coffees on our way to Evolve. It is the “official coffee of the Rachel Ray Show”. I can see why; they make a mean cup of coffee that may only be topped by the staffs’ dancing skills behind the counter.

Once we got to Evolve, Alyssa took us on a tour of her office and showed us some of the products she has been and will be shooting for promos, including a sneak peek at the MNF match up for that week.

After seeing Alyssa’s office, BJ gave us a front row seat to the epoxy pouring on the one a kind THP coasters that were created in the wood shop. I mean who doesn’t have a robotic wood carving machine? The white and green fill had so much small detail in person that makes each unique. I can’t wait to see the final product. Then it was time to suit up and start creating. BJ and Greg have us an overview of what hammering entailed and got us going. Not going to lie, I didn’t think I would be nervous to do it myself but the nerves were real. Knowing I had the buffer of a protective glove helped a little. Thankfully no one lost a thumb and we were on to stamping. BJ used the hydraulic press to put the THP and Evolve logos on the tags, while Greg showed us how to hand stamp our initials. After stamping it was over to polishing and putting the final touch on them, the mirror finish. Once that was on, the detail on the bag tags really popped in the light.

We got to help load “Leroy”, the tee graphic laser printer for the limited edition line that will be coming out any day now. I think you guys are going to be a big fan of them and it’s for a fantastic cause. After all that work we had worked up an appetite. Lunch was brought in from Detour Deli down the street. I had the pastrami sandwich on a French baguette. I would eat that sandwich a million times but those pickled jalapeños packed a punch. After lunch BJ surprised us with custom Evolve metals, individually numbered on the back, as invitations to be brand ambassadors! I’m not saying BJ purposely gave me #45 for Pedro Martinez since we’re both New England guys, but I’m not saying he didn’t either. All kidding aside, I am so thankful for the opportunity and am really excited to do my part in spreading the love and supporting Evolve.

Then it was time to head over to the course to tee it up with Nate and Alyssa from Evolve. We were told we are playing the Country Club of Landfall. I wish I had seen the post in the thread about my all time favorite Red Sox player Trot Nixon being a member there before the round and I would have asked around. I was honestly in awe when we pulled up and saw the clubhouse. We checked in and headed over to the range, which was right next to one of the nicest short game areas I have ever seen. We took some swings, rolled some putts on and it was off to the first tee. The starter, Sal, sent us off right on time but we only managed one hole before the weather siren sounded and it was back to the pro shop to wait it out. The good thing about an 80 minute delay was getting to swap stories with Nate, Alyssa, Wardy and some of the Landfall staff. Once we got back out, we had our share of good golf, not so good golf, and everything in between, but the music was going, beers were cold and company was a lot of fun. We made it through about 13 holes before a downpour rolled in and cut the round short.

We had a quick turn around once we got back to the hotel to get out to dinner. We met BJ and the Evolve team at New Anthem Beer Project for a beer before dinner. Their New England IPA was as good of not better than some of the ones I’ve had at home. We went down the street for some food at Block Taco and ate them on the patio of the bar next door. There was a lot of good conversation and a puppy sighting, so how can you go wrong? We wrapped up the night and said our goodbyes early as we had a 4am wake up call for our flight home Saturday. Wardy and I did manage to get a hotel room putt-off in before bed though.

I really cannot thank the Evolve team enough for welcoming us into their headquarters, showing us behind scenes of how their products go from idea to final product and making us feel at home. A huge thank you to Josh and Morgan for orchestrating the whole trip and to Wardy for being an awesome dude who I would tee it up with 10/10 times. Although I am sorry my lack of a true Boston accent may have been a disappointment. Finally, thank you to the forum for following along and engaging throughout the trip. I hope we gave you guys a glimpse into the dedication and creativity that makes the Evolve Foundry.

Man that was fun to read and relive it all over again. I forgot tidbits like the dancing at the coffee shop. That was both awesome and heart warming.

Recap: Full disclosure, I'm terrible at these things. I have a goldfish like memory as it is, so I'm going to forget more details than ya'll will ever know, and then just make up what sounds good because none of you will ever know the difference :)

Getting to the airport before the sun is up, as many THP event goers know, may be slightly one step above cruel and unusual punishment. You know you didn't sleep a damn wink, because you were so paranoid about sleeping through an alarm that you woke up every hour just to make sure. To quote Buddy the Elf, I got a solid 15 minutes of sleep. I can't fall asleep on airplanes, but I think I dozed off long enough to think that I was piloting the plane and realized I fell asleep and I think the person next to me thought I was about to have a panic attack. Whatever he shouldn't have taken both armrests, jerk.

Land, get our stuff, and off to Evolve we go. THP car rides may be just as much fun as anything, especially when making fun of someone you've known for almost 8 years is fair and expected. Morgan took some awesome abuse like a champ, even while also running on fumes because of the upcoming forum change. All four of us in that car laughed really hard every time we were in it. If you're at home tonight and the weather is right, pour one out for Morgan on the stoop of your porch, for all the hard work she did for this forum. We get to Evolve, we meet the crew, take some awesome behind the scenes tour of their offices. We find stuff. OH MAN DID WE FIND GOOD STUFF. Some of their history and memorabilia they're proud of, some prototypes of stuff they've made and they're currently working on. Maybe we found a drawer that has every course they're working with, labeled by State. Maybe it's a pretty unbelievable list. I smiled pretty big for them, as it's impressive.

BJ's office: OH HEY WHAT'S THIS THING HERE! There was a lot of that. There was idea bantering and questions, and solid answers to what they've tried, what they're trying, and everything in between. The kind of geeking out that you can see during the PGA Show when you put two really smart engineers in a room, that was basically BCape and I listening to BJ. We only understood like every 3rd or 4th thing, but what we did understand, we engaged right back and left that office feeling still really dumb, but absorbed a wealth of knowledge on materials used, why they're used, and just how much R&D goes behind what we take for granted as a little 2.75"-3.25" piece of plastic.

We ate dinner, we had a round of beer at some bar, then we went back to the hotel. To go with Captain @McLovin and his challenge to himself to get in better shape before The Grandaddy, I too worked out at the hotel. Swole is the goal, size is the prize brother. My roommate can vouch, I was gone about 50 minutes. Then I got back to the room and passed out like someone who was forced to watch the Panthers Bucs game.

Day 2: Breakfast 1, typical hotel food. Breakfast 2? Oh man. Who would have thought an andouille sausage omlette would have been so delicious? Oh wait... Anyone who ordered it. That thing was almost too much food. After some excellent food, and even better coffee, off to Evolve for round two. We got to see some more stuff in Alyssa's office, like every pair of socks in Evolve history based on how her office was organized. I'm not sure if it's frowned upon to want to commandeer what was in there, but I sure wanted to. Then it was time to play with hammers and metal. Only thing that would have made it even more fun is they were playing a little Black Sabbath's Iron Man or something while we worked. I mean if I can't get the suit, I can keep the theme alive in memory. Managed to not smack my thumb around, or mess up my bag tag. Got to practice on some error coins, and then be treated to brand ambassador status. After graciously accepting that as well as partial ownership in the company (the details are still being worked out I hear) it was lunch time and then enjoy a wonderful round of golf. What could go wrong..!

The God damned weather, that's what. North Carolina, what did we ever do to you? Was it because we didn't fully believe Wilmington is the Hollywood of the East Coast? Who gives an 80 minute lightning delay, and then a rain out? Talk about a tease. That golf course was unreal looking. The houses were fantastic. The company was fantastic. The golf being displayed can only be described as "well they're out there trying and that's what we came here to see" cause I think only Nate from Evolve was putting up a decent score. BCape and I were having beverages with Alyssa, and then discussed how That's My Boy is a wonderfully terrible movie, and then I'm pretty sure BCape's real accent came out for a few holes. It definitely wasn't my doing, nope. By about that time, you could just see the wall of rain coming across the Bayou and that.. That was the end of that round of golf. Off to the hotel to get ready for dinner.

We were gonna eat at this one place, but we're not waiting 2 hours for pizza. Monsters. Taco places are way better than pizza, so we ate there. Maybe some deal was worked out for 2022 to come back to Wilmington on our own dollar to assist with some stuff for content purposes so we can play golf again. Who knows. What's more important, is when you think you need more tacos... You go get more tacos. No bad decisions were made there. Getting like 4 hours of sleep before leaving though, that was a bad decision. Horrible, in fact. Goodbyes were said, tears were shed. The end of another THP event, where average people get the impossible made possible.

Thank you THP, Evolve Golf, and BCape, for a wicked good heck of a two days.

I received my order today. Pretty cool they threw in some extra markers and coasters and a sticker.
642431BB-A8E5-41C8-87BF-DC8E908FF559.jpeg

Evolve Golf and THP Rock!!!
89eccfb40523670f25eb2254b38e4c3a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested, there are still a few THP items available, including some motion wool socks. Picked some up today so I look my best at the Graphite Challenge next week.

I think I have a sock problem. That seemingly escalated quicker than anticipated
But they are amazing socks!!!

Look what I found laying around today...

IMG_1236.JPG

Back