CONTEST Live Update Thread: The GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

This event sent me to the Callaway website for new wedges.

Get able? Yeah if you mean the ball rolling down 40 yards into the fairway :D:D all 3 of them were feet from each other. It's a tough approach but if you can't get it high enough to land soft it probably is. the pins really are just a huge mind game. They seem getable and then it's like ohh you missed by 6 inches so now you're 30 feet down in this bowl :oops:.

Had it happen on 17 at the end of today hit a nice tee shot into the par 3 and it hit the ridge in the back. 2 inches left it funnels right at the hole where I landed funnelled right and 20 feet away 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I feel your pain. lol That’s the same pin placement we had the first time we played at Shaft Up. I thought I had the perfect approach, but it was about a yard short and I had to watch it roll allllll the way down that hill. Then hit my next one a little too far and ended up on the upper tier. My putt stopped a few feet away from my previous divot at the bottom of the hill.😆

Land it past the pin, bounce it up into the slope, and let it funnel back to the pin. Might’ve had to land it on the slope the past few days though. I don’t remember if that was the second or third shot. Just don’t be above the slope or the fourth will be from the collection area after the putt runs off the front. That pin location is mean. But it’s so tempting.

Yeah, I hit that false front and it rolled back down the hill, then had to putt from that upper tier and watch it roll to where I just pitched it up from. That hole got me TWICE.🤣

And who provided those 2? #LegendKiller
I think I provided those two losses to myself considering you only had to make about 35 swings combined between the two matches 😂

I’m home, I’m beat, time for sleep.

more to come tomorrow on this amazing experience.

Yeah, I hit that false front and it rolled back down the hill, then had to putt from that upper tier and watch it roll to where I just pitched it up from. That hole got me TWICE.🤣
Ahh @ccjimmy2001 don't think you're the only 1

I went to a Chik Fil A here for dinner.
They were out of chicken.

I thought I was being Punkd.
Haha Have they ever had real chicken? Maybe they're just finally admitting the truth.

Could you guys pick a favorite hole or moment out of the experience?

Could you guys pick a favorite hole or moment out of the experience?
My match today vs dan think hole 5. Went UW 19* off the tee, 4h fairway, 2 putt. Hole is straight uphill

I went to a Chik Fil A here for dinner.
They were out of chicken.

I thought I was being Punkd.
Don’t get greedy. You had your fill of bird on the course. 🙃

Can’t believe it ended in a tie but I sort of love it. Congrats to you all!

What an amazing experience! Safe to say we are all stoked by the “inaugural“ hint. 🤩🤩🤩

I’m home, I’m beat, time for sleep.

more to come tomorrow on this amazing experience.
Happy to hear that. Can't wait to see your write up. It was a tough to read knowing it could have been me out there. Well done my man.

Sign me up for the 2nd annual 🔥
Right there with ya (y) Love everything about this event ... the course, the amenities, etc. Dormie Network is just going to take over the "destination golf outing" industry.

chipping away at the thread right now reading it back - part way through round one and we finally got our scorecard lmao

Rain was just pesky enough to make pictures tough, but not bad enough to ruin anything. We got SUPER lucky.

chipping away at the thread right now reading it back - part way through round one and we finally got our scorecard lmao

Rain was just pesky enough to make pictures tough, but not bad enough to ruin anything. We got SUPER lucky.

You guys killed it! I am insanely jealous of the swag, the pro shop, and most importantly, the course. It was the star of the show :love:

I was told there would be no math - then there was math.

This was such a fun group to follow, like every other one but oh man. You've got personality for days Dan.

You guys killed it! I am insanely jealous of the swag, the pro shop, and most importantly, the course. It was the star of the show :love:
I wish I had taken more photos for you guys. It's a tough act to juggle though.

I was told there would be no math - then there was math.

This was such a fun group to follow, like every other one but oh man. You've got personality for days Dan.
It's a shame I've got a face for radio 😄

Back