CONTEST Live Update Thread: The GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

I like how you made a costco dog the appetizer and dessert of the three days of greatness.
Had to keep my body grounded from a quality perspective on what it should expect to consume outside of that 3-day window haha

Don't do the dinner posts before you eat... It was not a good strategy for me before lunch.
Yeah my body saw the steak pics and my stomach started acting up like not this again :D. I had air fried grilled nuggets for lunch trying to get my routine back

@pumbaa @ccjimmy2001 @smgoldstein @BuckNasty -

What an event, guys. It was so fun getting to know each of you and sharing a few hours out on the course, doing what we love. There's nothing better than the game of golf that can bring "strangers" (loosely used) together and turn into friendships.

Got into this office with a surprise on my desk. The gloves we talked about made it to my office. Was so excited to share these with you guys ahead of the event, but being able to ship them to you after makes this even sweeter! @JB and @Canadan will be gathering up your shipping info so I can get these out to you!

Might be tough to put on the glove with that ring on your finger!
View attachment 9113042View attachment 9113040
Just when you think the Callaway guys couldn’t be any cooler, they go and pull this move. Dear lord, this is awesome.

What an event, guys. It was so fun getting to know each of you and sharing a few hours out on the course, doing what we love. There's nothing better than the game of golf that can bring "strangers" (loosely used) together and turn into friendships.

Got into this office with a surprise on my desk. The gloves we talked about made it to my office. Was so excited to share these with you guys ahead of the event, but being able to ship them to you after makes this even sweeter! @JB and @Canadan will be gathering up your shipping info so I can get these out to you!

That is awesome!

I will have some summary comments for each day of the experience and some overall comments around the experience/state of my game later tonight after work, but first I just wanted to hit on some highlights for each of the participants:

@ccjimmy2001 - my Jersey partner-in-crime, you brought a ton of energy into this experience (slight assist to caffeine haha) and had a smile on your face the entire time. I had a blast being your partner/cartner for the last 2 matches of this experience, and your positivity is what helped carry me through my matches when it seemed like my swing just couldn't be found. Looking forward to getting together soon for some rounds before winter comes and ends our golf season.

@smgoldstein - the silent assassin, I really enjoyed getting to watch you on the course (you're as steady as they come) and getting to know you off the course. Hopefully we are able to tee it up again when you come down to Jersey every so often!

@pumbaa - my 2022 weight loss/nutrition thread brother, you've put in some serious work with both your body and your swing and it shows! I really enjoyed our time together and sharing stories with each other, and hope we can play a round soon since we were not able to be paired up with each other this experience.

@Canadan - It was a pleasure to reunite with you at another experience after our win at the 2019 Morgan Cup. I always enjoy the banter that we get into and getting to watch you swing a club (even though it was only a few times) is always an absolute treat. One of these days we will get a round in together, but until then keep crushing it here on THP, love all the content you contribute to the site.

@JasonFinleyCG - I wish I brought some kind of game with me and was able to give you a battle in our matches, but I still had a great time despite my absence of a swing haha. I enjoyed getting to know you off the course, and truly appreciate you taking the time to answer all the questions we had with regards to the industry/callaway/golf balls and all the zingers you were dishing out to Team Tudor.

@AT_CG - I hope your back is healing up after having to carry me for most of our first match with JB/Stu haha. You're an absolute bomber and it was a joy to watch you move the ball around the course. Our time together on the course was great, but I had even more fun getting to you know on a personal level. Thank you for sharing so many stories with us, both golf and non-golf related. You have an infectious personality and a heart of gold, and I hope we are able to connect when you come out to the Tri-state area later this year.

@JB - As was the case in my first 2 experiences, it is always a ton of fun getting to spend some time with on and off the course. Thank you for all that you do for this forum and its community!

@GolferGal - Thank you for everything that you do behind the scenes for both the forum and the experiences! The food lineup for this experience was off the charts (and I gained 5 pounds over 2 days because of it haha). And thank you for putting up with @ccjimmy2001 500 questions via PM haha.

I'm going to keep with this format, but and share a few specific memories from the GOAT Cup that still put a smile on my face as I sit here recalling them:

@pumbaa For those who hadn't heard, I finally met Pumbaa for the first time IRL in this really awkward, blind-date-esque manner. I had PM'd him telling him what brewery I was at in case he wanted to kill some time with me over beers before check-in at the course. While I'm drinking a beer alone at the bar, I see someone in a baseball/golf cap in my peripheries looking at me. I looked up, locked eyes, and then looked away. About 2 mins later, I looked back and he's still there, still looking at me. He then mouths from across the bar, "Jimmy?" (I hadnt realized he had PM'd me a confirmation that he was meeting me, so I wasn't even on the lookout). And within 3 mins of talking over a beer, 1) I felt like we'd known each other for years, and 2) I realized I wasn't going to be the only one on Cloud 9 the whole time. My GOAT Cup experience started with a beer with Pumbaa, and ended the same way as stopped for a beer together downtown before parting ways.

@BuckNasty, or "Nasty Buck" as I like to call him -- This guy would say "yes" before I could even finish the sentence, "you want to go grab drinks?" We have so much in common -- irrational Jersey pride, 3 kids, wildly inconsistent golf games -- there's no surprise we hit it off as cartners. What we lacked in golf shots, we made up for in chest bumps. (You guys need to see how lethal he is from 60-120 yards out, btw). My highlight with Nasty Buck was the lowlight of golf -- when we got absolutely smoked by JB and Finley in the alt shot. Neither of us were playing well, but I can honestly say that I was having a blast losing. Wish we could bottle that energy.

@smgoldstein "Silent Assassin" is spot on, and not only a reference to your gas. While we didn't get to play together, I unfortunately got knocked out of my final match early enough to see you play quite possibly the most consistent 5 holes I've ever seen someone play. Driver up the middle, iron into the green, lag putt to 2 inches. Par. Repeat. Do you even know what it's like to hit out of the rough (or fescue, for that matter!?)?

@Canadan People... you need to find a life partner who loves you as much as his Utility/Driving Iron loves him. I can still hear that impact sound with the ensuing hiss of the ball, and it still gets me giddy just thinking about it. Some might point to your eagle as the defining highlight of the trip, but I'm gonna go with our Round 1 chestbump to victory. If you ever find your way to the tri-state area, I'm finding us a scramble to play in. Sure, you're a blast to play with, but more so to guarantee I win.

@JB Despite my 0-2 record, I had so much fun playing with you on back to back days. You definitely know how to keep the round fun for all despite how we may be playing. Kind of a random highlight, but at our final lunch, listening to you and Dan tell stories from past THP experiences... I could have sat there for hours and listened to those. And I hope somewhere down the line, you're telling others stories about the Inaugural GOAT Cup (without reference to my golf glove).

@AT_CG Perhaps the ONLY possible negative thing I can say about the experience is that I didn't get to tee it up with you. But, as was the case with Stu, I at least got to walk a few holes with you after getting knocked out of my match with JB. Dan's live-video demo with the Apex line 2 years back was a big reason I bought the Apex irons, but seeing your 2nd shot on hole 15 on the final day will be the reason I buy the Rogue ST 3W. DEAR LORD. Probably a good thing we didn't play together, as I'd be asking you all round if I could hit your clubs. You were a freakin' blast to hang with -- and thanks again for the poker tutorial. Somewhere, sometime, we are teeing it up together.

@JasonFinleyCG In the two rounds we played together, I never saw you miss a fairway. (Granted, you didn't have to play all that many holes). My highlight of playing with you: when you dropped the "that's what SHE said!" back at me. Hope my putter envy didn't weird you out. (you guys need to see that thing -- it's majestic. Toulon Austin, I think?).

On a random note, I am absolutely shocked I made it through 2.5 days with you all and not one of you gave me crap about wearing my golf glove on the wrong hand. SHOCKED.

Side note -- the Callaway Apparel shirts Team Tudor has were stellar IMHO. Ran a little big, but the quick-dry tech actually worked as advertised and I found the material to be super comfy.

Thank you again to THP and Callaway for giving me an experience that delivered memories and friendships I'll have forever. (And Callaway balls until I lose them all in the woods).

I'm going to keep with this format, but and share a few specific memories from the GOAT Cup that still put a smile on my face as I sit here recalling them:

@pumbaa For those who hadn't heard, I finally met Pumbaa for the first time IRL in this really awkward, blind-date-esque manner. I had PM'd him telling him what brewery I was at in case he wanted to kill some time with me over beers before check-in at the course. While I'm drinking a beer alone at the bar, I see someone in a baseball/golf cap in my peripheries looking at me. I looked up, locked eyes, and then looked away. About 2 mins later, I looked back and he's still there, still looking at me. He then mouths from across the bar, "Jimmy?" (I hadnt realized he had PM'd me a confirmation that he was meeting me, so I wasn't even on the lookout). And within 3 mins of talking over a beer, 1) I felt like we'd known each other for years, and 2) I realized I wasn't going to be the only one on Cloud 9 the whole time. My GOAT Cup experience started with a beer with Pumbaa, and ended the same way as stopped for a beer together downtown before parting ways.

@BuckNasty, or "Nasty Buck" as I like to call him -- This guy would say "yes" before I could even finish the sentence, "you want to go grab drinks?" We have so much in common -- irrational Jersey pride, 3 kids, wildly inconsistent golf games -- there's no surprise we hit it off as cartners. What we lacked in golf shots, we made up for in chest bumps. (You guys need to see how lethal he is from 60-120 yards out, btw). My highlight with Nasty Buck was the lowlight of golf -- when we got absolutely smoked by JB and Finley in the alt shot. Neither of us were playing well, but I can honestly say that I was having a blast losing. Wish we could bottle that energy.

@smgoldstein "Silent Assassin" is spot on, and not only a reference to your gas. While we didn't get to play together, I unfortunately got knocked out of my final match early enough to see you play quite possibly the most consistent 5 holes I've ever seen someone play. Driver up the middle, iron into the green, lag putt to 2 inches. Par. Repeat. Do you even know what it's like to hit out of the rough (or fescue, for that matter!?)?

@Canadan People... you need to find a life partner who loves you as much as his Utility/Driving Iron loves him. I can still hear that impact sound with the ensuing hiss of the ball, and it still gets me giddy just thinking about it. Some might point to your eagle as the defining highlight of the trip, but I'm gonna go with our Round 1 chestbump to victory. If you ever find your way to the tri-state area, I'm finding us a scramble to play in. Sure, you're a blast to play with, but more so to guarantee I win.

@JB Despite my 0-2 record, I had so much fun playing with you on back to back days. You definitely know how to keep the round fun for all despite how we may be playing. Kind of a random highlight, but at our final lunch, listening to you and Dan tell stories from past THP experiences... I could have sat there for hours and listened to those. And I hope somewhere down the line, you're telling others stories about the Inaugural GOAT Cup (without reference to my golf glove).

@AT_CG Perhaps the ONLY possible negative thing I can say about the experience is that I didn't get to tee it up with you. But, as was the case with Stu, I at least got to walk a few holes with you after getting knocked out of my match with JB. Dan's live-video demo with the Apex line 2 years back was a big reason I bought the Apex irons, but seeing your 2nd shot on hole 15 on the final day will be the reason I buy the Rogue ST 3W. DEAR LORD. Probably a good thing we didn't play together, as I'd be asking you all round if I could hit your clubs. You were a freakin' blast to hang with -- and thanks again for the poker tutorial. Somewhere, sometime, we are teeing it up together.

@JasonFinleyCG In the two rounds we played together, I never saw you miss a fairway. (Granted, you didn't have to play all that many holes). My highlight of playing with you: when you dropped the "that's what SHE said!" back at me. Hope my putter envy didn't weird you out. (you guys need to see that thing -- it's majestic. Toulon Austin, I think?).

On a random note, I am absolutely shocked I made it through 2.5 days with you all and not one of you gave me crap about wearing my golf glove on the wrong hand. SHOCKED.

Side note -- the Callaway Apparel shirts Team Tudor has were stellar IMHO. Ran a little big, but the quick-dry tech actually worked as advertised and I found the material to be super comfy.

Thank you again to THP and Callaway for giving me an experience that delivered memories and friendships I'll have forever. (And Callaway balls until I lose them all in the woods).
Thank you and it was a blast for me as well.
And yes, next time, let's grab a glove that you didn't play slap tickle with a unicorn before coming :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you and it was a blast for me as well.
And yes, next time, let's grab a glove that you didn't play slap tickle with a unicorn before coming :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
hahahaha he did identify well with it though 😄

Haha I didn’t even realize you had the glove on your left hand as opposed to your right, I think we were more concerned with the fact that it looked like you took a Lisa Frank folder illustration and turned it into a glove

@pumbaa For those who hadn't heard, I finally met Pumbaa for the first time IRL in this really awkward, blind-date-esque manner. I had PM'd him telling him what brewery I was at in case he wanted to kill some time with me over beers before check-in at the course. While I'm drinking a beer alone at the bar, I see someone in a baseball/golf cap in my peripheries looking at me. I looked up, locked eyes, and then looked away. About 2 mins later, I looked back and he's still there, still looking at me. He then mouths from across the bar, "Jimmy?" (I hadnt realized he had PM'd me a confirmation that he was meeting me, so I wasn't even on the lookout).
I laughed way too hard reading this haha

In my defense of correct hand for Jimmy's glove... Everything about a lefty looks weird - I probably looked at that and was pleased at how normal it looked on that hand 😄

I will keep this going
@JasonFinleyCG was my first partner and man even with rented clubs for half the round he carried us heavy into the match. We used like 2 of my drives. I am sure I annoyed him with how pissed I was at myself with my play but he kept it positive and plays some damn good golf. I'm sure he got tired of all the questions I asked about tech as well. Also his trash talk game is top notch.

@AT_CG this dude is a bomber. The sound the ball makes coming off his clubs is unmistakable. A really good dude too he talked me off the ledge in our afternoon round when I was just all piss and vinegar from my morning round. Him and Dan have a weird relationship and I believe it's better if neither of their wives find out 😂. I'm sure he also got tired of me asking questions and even showed some of us a new version of my glove I use. I'm sure he got mad at me as well when I asked if his hip popped out of place when he bent down to line up a putt 🤦‍♂️.

@ccjimmy2001 man what can I say? From the awkward meeting at a bar to going out in the rain after the 1st day rounds were over and just enjoy the course and playing golf to the final beer before your train. That glove from the vineyard Vines frat boy section sure was something. Absolutely have to get up your way to get some rounds in. I'm glad you made the trip because you made it that much better. Honestly felt like I was hanging out with a friend I've known for years.

@BuckNasty made me laugh the whole time. If you asked me what someone from Jersey would be it's buck! Also if he is ever around and you have Hendricks gin you no longer have Hendrix gin 😂. He was having a good bit of my same situation range heros. On the range we both were hitting great shots but on the course we both had our share of shots we wish we could take back. Hell of a poker player and my man can hammer some food. I absolutely need to tee it up again or get into another event with you because you keep the hilarity coming.

@Canadan a great golfer but honestly a better person. Let's go kid! That saying will be engrained in my memory forever. Didn't matter what team, what situation, or how good his shot was if you hit one and heard that you knew you hit one. Dan and Tudor even though they took stu and I down in alt shot were the group I needed to be paired with. You cannot not have a good time with them. Both hit it long and are amazing golfers. I went 0-3 to Dan and honestly by the end of it I didn't even care. And I have said previously if you get to play with him and those Mizuno pro utility 2 and 3 come out just watch and listen 🤯. Dan you really are the man and I appreciate you letting me know to look at the good in my play.

@smgoldstein my partner for 2 of the matches and amazing teammate. I kept apologizing in alt shot for leaving him in bad spots and kept letting me know it's all good and he wasn't worried about it. An amazing golfer and poker is his 2nd calling it seems. Calm, cool, and collected and I'm not sure I saw him miss a shot all round, he will say he had a misses but I don't count hitting the ball 8 feet past the pin on the perfect line or 6 feet sort of the pin instead of a tap in putt a miss. He might be the most consistent golfer I've personally watched in person.

@JB this dude has the most subtle jabs and trash talk and it's glorious. Probably won't have me back because of the FSU/Miami talk 😂. Him and @JasonFinleyCG are a dynamic duo and play well off each other. 1 thing I don't think gets talked about enough and that I think would be hard for a lot of people is that he makes the event really about THPers, the course/host, and the reps from companies and does not take the lime light. I want to say thank you again for everything and appreciate all you do. I still wish I got the pic/video of Austin making you give him a hug.

@GolferGal thank you for setting up the food and everything you do behind the scenes. The meals were great and thank you again for the sauce.

I'm glad I took today off of work just to make the post event hangover a little easier.

I will keep this going
@JasonFinleyCG was my first partner and man even with rented clubs for half the round he carried us heavy into the match. We used like 2 of my drives. I am sure I annoyed him with how pissed I was at myself with my play but he kept it positive and plays some damn good golf. I'm sure he got tired of all the questions I asked about tech as well. Also his trash talk game is top notch.

@AT_CG this dude is a bomber. The sound the ball makes coming off his clubs is unmistakable. A really good dude too he talked me off the ledge in our afternoon round when I was just all piss and vinegar from my morning round. Him and Dan have a weird relationship and I believe it's better if neither of their wives find out 😂. I'm sure he also got tired of me asking questions and even showed some of us a new version of my glove I use. I'm sure he got mad at me as well when I asked if his hip popped out of place when he bent down to line up a putt 🤦‍♂️.

@ccjimmy2001 man what can I say? From the awkward meeting at a bar to going out in the rain after the 1st day rounds were over and just enjoy the course and playing golf to the final beer before your train. That glove from the vineyard Vines frat boy section sure was something. Absolutely have to get up your way to get some rounds in. I'm glad you made the trip because you made it that much better. Honestly felt like I was hanging out with a friend I've known for years.

@BuckNasty made me laugh the whole time. If you asked me what someone from Jersey would be it's buck! Also if he is ever around and you have Hendricks gin you no longer have Hendrix gin 😂. He was having a good bit of my same situation range heros. On the range we both were hitting great shots but on the course we both had our share of shots we wish we could take back. Hell of a poker player and my man can hammer some food. I absolutely need to tee it up again or get into another event with you because you keep the hilarity coming.

@Canadan a great golfer but honestly a better person. Let's go kid! That saying will be engrained in my memory forever. Didn't matter what team, what situation, or how good his shot was if you hit one and heard that you knew you hit one. Dan and Tudor even though they took stu and I down in alt shot were the group I needed to be paired with. You cannot not have a good time with them. Both hit it long and are amazing golfers. I went 0-3 to Dan and honestly by the end of it I didn't even care. And I have said previously if you get to play with him and those Mizuno pro utility 2 and 3 come out just watch and listen 🤯. Dan you really are the man and I appreciate you letting me know to look at the good in my play.

@smgoldstein my partner for 2 of the matches and amazing teammate. I kept apologizing in alt shot for leaving him in bad spots and kept letting me know it's all good and he wasn't worried about it. An amazing golfer and poker is his 2nd calling it seems. Calm, cool, and collected and I'm not sure I saw him miss a shot all round, he will say he had a misses but I don't count hitting the ball 8 feet past the pin on the perfect line or 6 feet sort of the pin instead of a tap in putt a miss. He might be the most consistent golfer I've personally watched in person.

@JB this dude has the most subtle jabs and trash talk and it's glorious. Probably won't have me back because of the FSU/Miami talk 😂. Him and @JasonFinleyCG are a dynamic duo and play well off each other. 1 thing I don't think gets talked about enough and that I think would be hard for a lot of people is that he makes the event really about THPers, the course/host, and the reps from companies and does not take the lime light. I want to say thank you again for everything and appreciate all you do. I still wish I got the pic/video of Austin making you give him a hug.

@GolferGal thank you for setting up the food and everything you do behind the scenes. The meals were great and thank you again for the sauce.

I'm glad I took today off of work just to make the post event hangover a little easier.
I want you to go back and read this post. And remember a simple thing. This is the Hackers Paradise and not the just Missed the tour paradise. Get that **** out of your head. You are a good guy that should be having a blast out there. You were at probably the nicest course you have stepped foot on with people that literally create the products you use. Embrace those memories and the fun and the game will come around.

[/QUOTE]

That is really good!

I want you to go back and read this post. And remember a simple thing. This is the Hackers Paradise and not the just Missed the tour paradise. Get that **** out of your head. You are a good guy that should be having a blast out there. You were at probably the nicest course you have stepped foot on with people that literally create the products you use. Embrace those memories and the fun and the game will come around.
It was a quick learning curve. And once I did just let myself enjoy the event my game came around. I really do appreciate everything.

I love this...

100% why I love this place.

PUUMBA WITB

Dirver :cobra: Bio Cell 10.5
Fairway :taylormade: V Steel 4w 17*
Hybrid :cleveland: Altitude 3 Graphite
Irons :touredge: Exotics XCG6 4-pw
Wedges :taylormade: ATV 50,54,58
Putter :taylormade: Spider Tour Black
I'm going back through and reading missed posts

I really need to update this 😂 I have a radspeed xB driver, Callaway UW 19, radspeed 4h, 5-pw Hogan edge ex, 48 and 52 cbx2 wedges, 56 cbx zipcore full face, and the spider tour is still there.

Finley had a set of Titleist rentals for 3.5 holes 😂

Back