I think it good to update this. with the new focus on improvement...you can have a place to track the change that is a result of the new swing.
I’m working on my swing, but it’s more of a mindset and game management change. Embrace being a short hitter, play the correct tees, take stupid out of the equation and try to make the game as simple as possible.

I’m working on my swing, but it’s more of a mindset and game management change. Embrace being a short hitter, play the correct tees, take stupid out of the equation and try to make the game as simple as possible.
mindset is huge. I loose sight of it all the time. One thing i learned, that as a high capper the ability to place "safer" so that you can get a look at par, but remove/limit double is huge in match play easy bogey/net par is kryptonite to a low cap having to make birdies to keep up. I *should* have that same approach every time I play, even if im only competing with myself.

mindset is huge. I loose sight of it all the time. One thing i learned, that as a high capper the ability to place "safer" so that you can get a look at par, but remove/limit double is huge in match play easy bogey/net par is kryptonite to a low cap having to make birdies to keep up. I *should* have that same approach every time I play, even if im only competing with myself.
That thought kind of clicked with me last round. Of course it was late in the round, but it finally occurred to me to quit trying to hit the huge drives that aren’t going to happen no matter how hard I swing or the perfect shot into the green when I’m lucky to hit the green at all. One or two birdies aren’t gonna matter if everything else is a double or a triple. IMG_2385.jpeg
This was my last round. We started on the back and you can see that #2 is where I had my epiphany

Having played with you, I’m interested to see how you attack improvement. Looking forward to positive results. 👊🏻…. I appreciate the mixed bag of clubs. 😆

Having played with you, I’m interested to see how you attack improvement. Looking forward to positive results. 👊🏻…. I appreciate the mixed bag of clubs. 😆

The two biggest things for me to improve is to play the correct tees/yardage and improve from 50yds and in. I’m never going to hit 250+ drives or 150yd PW so I’ve gotta be accurate and I’ve got to get better at getting up and down hopefully for par but especially if it’s for bogey. That’s when the big numbers come into play.

The two biggest things for me to improve is to play the correct tees/yardage and improve from 50yds and in. I’m never going to hit 250+ drives or 150yd PW so I’ve gotta be accurate and I’ve got to get better at getting up and down hopefully for par but especially if it’s for bogey. That’s when the big numbers come into play.
We marvel at the people in their 70’s and 80’s who shoot their age using the strategy you’re describing. Smart.

Back