tmurph51

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Recently ordered a 61 degree Yururi wedge (had the gap wedge before and loved it but just ate balls on full swings so was tough to use regularly). Been thinking about what shaft I will put in it. Any one have any suggestions or tips on shafts for lob wedges? I don’t plan on many full swings with this club, mostly around the green like my current lob wedge.

Holy cow. I thought my buddy was the only guy who uses Yururi wedges.

I don't think of lob wedge shafts as specific to them. What shafts are in the rest of your irons and wedges?

I have true temper s300 in my irons which I recently got fitted for. Figured I might get the same in this wedge, but unsure if that’s what most people do. I am a big true temper fan as I have used their shafts in my irons for years.

Would love something similar to the s300 in this wedge

If you’re not going to be using it for full swings much if at all, consider a softer flex for better feel / touch. Maybe a DG R300. Or I’ve seen folks use an 8-iron shaft before to accomplish the same thing.

I put a BGT ZNE shaft in my lob wedge and it is performing well.

I have true temper s300 in my irons which I recently got fitted for. Figured I might get the same in this wedge, but unsure if that’s what most people do. I am a big true temper fan as I have used their shafts in my irons for years.

If you’re not going to be using it for full swings much if at all, consider a softer flex for better feel / touch. Maybe a DG R300. Or I’ve seen folks use an 8-iron shaft before to accomplish the same thing.
I think that True Temper wedge flex shaft is pretty close to what @MGoBlue is suggesting. Should be readily available anywhere that sells golf gear also. Guessing your in Louisville so Golf Galaxy and Golf Headquarters should have them. The KBS Spinner shaft is a good one also that would fit this bill. It has a little more flex IMO.

I've had good luck with a couple different KBS shafts in wedges. Really digging the Hi-Revs right now

DG Spinner?
I had a set of Yururi Tour wedges with Modus 125 Wedge shafts. Those are close to S300, but smoother. Great shafts.
The conforming version of the Yururi Tours won't shred your balls, btw.

DG Spinner?
I had a set of Yururi Tour wedges with Modus 125 Wedge shafts. Those are close to S300, but smoother. Great shafts.
The conforming version of the Yururi Tours won't shred your balls, btw.
Tour confirming ones are only available right handed I believe. And as a lefty, it’s slim pickings. But the clubs are just too much fun to not have in the bag.

I was just about to say this exact thing. Whatever shaft you go with, tip it to an 8 iron if it's not a full swing club.

Want s300 get s300. 🤷‍♂️

Back