Lobster or King Crab

Both is the correct answer. But if I had to choose, I'd take the King Crab legs. I love the sweet taste with melted butter.

Both and they are on menu for Christmas dinner this year.

I’m a huge fan of both but will give the very slight edge to King Crab but only because lobster varies more and is more likely to be overcooked.

I’m a huge fan of both but will give the very slight edge to King Crab but only because lobster varies more and is more likely to be overcooked.
I've been thinking that lobster may be a perfect candidate for sous vide cooking. You can get the temperature pretty precise, and can't ruin it by overcooking it (which isn't hard to do).

Lobster. All day, any day.

Neither. I have developed a allergy to both.

I ship a few hundred thousand pounds of King Crab a year. I also buy 40 lbs for my friends/family for our 2 annual parties, 4th of July and Christmas. I get it from my customer for cost and if we have had a good year, they will comp it to me.

King Crab is sized by how many crab (legs and claws) will fit in a 10 lb box. Our crab comes in 20 lb boxes. When I get it for GOOD friends, I get 6-9 size and they are BIG but a good medium size is 11-14 or even 14-17. If you are really feeling like spending some money, check out King Crab Merus. It is just the biggest part of the leg and pretty much all meat.

The pic is from Christmas last year and this is about 10 lbs of the 40 I served up.
crab.jpg

Back