Loft Jacked Traditionist Help to. GAP Fit

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Reaction score
Handicap
Ideas for Loft Jacked Traditionist.

What Traditionist set of clubs you Played?

What set of Modern Tech Clubs you Switched to?

How did you fill your Gaps in between your Clubs?

How Satisfied are you with the results?
:KZG::cobra::mizuno::callaway::bridgestone::callaway::cleveland::honma::xxio::hogan::macgregor::miura::nicklaus::nike:

All Brands Need Apply

I went from Hogan Apex blades in the 80's to early 90's, to Hogan Edge GCD's in the 90's to early 2000's, to Mizuno MP-30's briefly around 2003.... to Srixon Z565's and Callaway Epics now.

With the GCD's and MP-30's I used Mizuno Faldo 56 & 60* wedges. Now, with the PW at 44*, I have the GW at 48 or 49* and a 54 and 58* MD5 JAWS set of wedges. Seems to work fine.

I'm in the camp that regardless of lofts on your irons, you gap for yardage and not the loft. That is a way more effective way to gap your irons and wedges.

I am trying to make the transition to One Length, actually two length (King Forged Tec OL 4-9) and Callaway MD5 Jaws 45*,50, 55, 60 (same length). So gapping will be my goal. I am coming from a set of Zrixon z785's. I have a basic launch monitor (sc300) to help, and I was able to achieve good gapping with my z785.

Doesn't matter what the lofts are you gap for distance.

As others have said above, it isn't about gapping for loft.. It is about gapping for Distance.

I will also be in the camp of looking at your distances for each club and not lofts or club number. I try to have 10-15 yards between each of my irons. So, I would start there. The lofts and numbers don't really matter to me as long as I don't have huge gaps in between.

I used to play the Callaway XR os irons with a 5 - PW of 25 to 44

Now, I am playing the Cobra F9 OL irons with a 5 - PW of 22.5 to 44

Even though the lofts are much different for my 5 to 7 irons, I don't have a gapping issue. I did change to a 4 wood last year instead of the heavenwood I was using.

Back