Long distance Moving company recommendations

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
Help, please. I need first hand recommendations for a long distance moving company. I have found that these people can be scavengers and I want somebody with first hand experience to recommend a reputable company. I have gotten several quotes but each and every company seems to leave the door open to charge more. I even sent videos of my stuff and the company’s can’t give me a straight answer as to what it will cost to deliver my stuff.

On the the bright side I was, as some of you know, cutting down to minimize my stuff, after speaking to the vultures, I’m cutting down even more, lol.

can somebody tell me a reputable company they have used and I will get a quote from them as well.

thanks so much

I used Red Ball when I moved up here from California. Had them ship my car up as well as all my stuff. I didn't have any problems with them and the price was reasonable and ended up what I expected.

I did the same thing as Checkered regarding my car & furniture and had a similar experience. I used A-1 Auto Transport and their price was decent and they seemed legit so that's who I went with. No complaints.

I used United Van Lines for my cross country move. There were on time and efficient in both loading and unloading. They can't give you a final estimate until they actually weight you items once they are loaded. That said the person who estimated mine was only off by $300.

Help, please. I need first hand recommendations for a long distance moving company. I have found that these people can be scavengers and I want somebody with first hand experience to recommend a reputable company. I have gotten several quotes but each and every company seems to leave the door open to charge more. I even sent videos of my stuff and the company’s can’t give me a straight answer as to what it will cost to deliver my stuff.

On the the bright side I was, as some of you know, cutting down to minimize my stuff, after speaking to the vultures, I’m cutting down even more, lol.

can somebody tell me a reputable company they have used and I will get a quote from them as well.

thanks so much

https://suddath.com/moving-company/home-moving-services/

Suddath was the Transportation Service Provider (think general contractor) for my final military move from NJ to OK. While the contractors that they hired were not perfect, I could tell that they were trying their best to make the hiccups bearable.

No move is going to be perfect and the old saying, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, applies here. It can be a huge PITA, but I've decided if/when I move from OK, I'm doing it on my own. I'll rent a couple or 3 Uhaul trucks, load it up, and find someone to help me drive them.

https://suddath.com/moving-company/home-moving-services/

Suddath was the Transportation Service Provider (think general contractor) for my final military move from NJ to OK. While the contractors that they hired were not perfect, I could tell that they were trying their best to make the hiccups bearable.

No move is going to be perfect and the old saying, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, applies here. It can be a huge PITA, but I've decided if/when I move from OK, I'm doing it on my own. I'll rent a couple or 3 Uhaul trucks, load it up, and find someone to help me drive them.

I've used Suddath twice now and have had very good experiences both times. I'd use them again...

Back