Long Drive With a Twist.

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Some of you saw this on our Instagram but it was so crazy I thought I'd share it here as well.

A Long Drive Competitor Sean Blakely was teeing off on a par 5 from 560 yards during a charity outing today. He said he normally hits it 340 to 350 on average, but said while that's good, he likes to make it more fun. So he took a left-hand driver turned the head upside down and hit it 310 yards on this One.

The outing created a rule that the players could drop at the 150 marker for having to use his "shorter than normal" drive. I watched him hit 8 to 10 drives over a few groups. He did not have one less than 285 and most were all over 300 and dead solid contact.

Best at line of the day came from a guy who said, "so that's what I've been doing wrong all these years" lol

https://instagram.com/p/BVYPs1agw0L/

That's insane!

That was pretty cool.

Holy moly, that's awesome! I think I would break something if I tried that!

Posted before watching, that was crazy.

That is crazy. I hate that guy ��

Seriously. I would have taken a nice 2 foot chunk out of the tee box, if I tried that!
I've probably watched this 15 times and still don't see how he even had the balls to attempt this. No shortage of confidence there.

I've probably watched this 15 times and still don't see how he even had the balls to attempt this. No shortage of confidence there.

It was amazing, like I said we watched him hit for a few groups, and out of the 10 shots or so he hit, not one was a miss, all but one would have been easily played, and the one that wasn't, was slightly hooked into the trees about 270 or 280 out...LOL

So for the record, this is obviously not the first time he's done this....right???

So for the record, this is obviously not the first time he's done this....right???
LOL...I would guess not.

Actually he and another long drive buddy started their own tournament outing business in addition to competing in the LD championships. He does on average 3 outings a week pretty much between SC/NC/MD/VA areas. He said it's really not that hard, just making a normal golf swing, with the club in a bit different position.....Yeah ok...not that hard. I'll have to borrow MDhackers or UVAWahoo's (both left-handed) drivers and see if they let me try...HA

Saw this yesterday. Great little video.

Back