Long Layoff: Rusty or Back in Action?

In general, I’m pretty rusty after a long layoff. It takes me some time to get back into the groove.

It’s still winter. After 6 months off, there is significant rust. Lots of time on the range and putting/chipping greens are required!

Give me a round or two and I’m back .

Everything in my game inside 100 yards becomes very rusty when I’m not playing and practicing regularly. I snuck a round in a couple weeks ago while the sun was out here in Texas and i think I chunked every one of my pitch shots.

Rusty for a couple of rounds then good to go.

After a long layoff (winter :() my first couple of rounds are decent because I have no expectations, I'm just happy to be out. But after that, when I think I have it figured out, my short game struggles and it takes a few rounds to get that squared away. All in all, I would say it takes 3-5 rounds and I normally find my groove.

I can't wait to go out for the first time this year. I have hit balls a few times over winter. I've been practicing with a 2 iron that I got at Goodwill for $2. I figure if I can hit this thing that I should be able to hit any club in my bag really well.
bde75d40b6c2a8e34af4a012bf6135df.jpg
97dd217c486785657a83e7164f9800ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

WE shall see this weekend, I haven't played for two weeks, well thats long for me. Too many things to do around the house with the lawn and putting in French drains in the back....maybe i need a yard guy

Just played my first 4 rounds of golf of 2020 a few weeks ago and I was surprisingly not quite as rusty as expected. The short game type stuff is typically the must rusty area to get the feels for.

Outside of short game 75yds and in I’m ready to go.

The rust gets knocked off pretty quickly, I usually get out of the gate pretty good in the spring after shedding bad habits from last season. It's been a weird and wonderful winter in NE Ohio, the ground hasn't frozen to the usual frost line of 24", so maybe we'll have an early spring to make up for absolutely no spring last year? And so I've probably just jinxed us all...:eek:

Finally was able to go out and play 9 holes. Didn't really know what to expect. Shot a 33 on a par 28. It was very soggy and windy out. So it was hard to determine the status of my game. Short game was on though. Several chips just inches from the flag to save par.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I will be rusty as hell! Watched so many online instructional videos just for the fun of it I'll have a million swing thoughts bouncing around. Will have to get a couple of range sessions and a lesson with my instructor before I settle down I think. Plus the joy of being out again will just make me flail around like a maniac.

I will be so very rusty. Trying to go to the driving range this weekend and ... well, hopefully its not a complete cluster

Back